Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

Loc: KOREA
Re: Important 9/11 Issue. Please vote. [Re: THEBats]
    #478192 - 09/16/10 03:16 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
Quote:

Laysthepipe said:
Quote:

THEBats said:
Is it better to be appropriate or free?

Free.

In a post 9/11 America I just see it as an inappropriate location.

What better memorial of strength and freedom could there be than that of tolerance?

It's not a big issue to me, I live on the other side of the U.S pretty much. I just see it from the viewpoint of the families that lost someone on 9/11, making me think it is inappropriate.

I would also go on to say that we are not 100% free, since we cannot smoke marijuana, gays cannot get married in most places.

Marijuana is a much bigger issue to me, especially when our founding fathers, the people who wrote the constitution, used to smoke it, and the constitution is even written in hemp. If we are really following in their footsteps, there is no question that it would be legal.

One of my sisters is lesbian and cannot get married in our state.

People were not allowed to take a camera to the effected beaches during the gulf oil spill, that violated the constitution.

During Katrina guns were being taken from good American homes. That was against the constitution.

You can pull the freedom card and use it in this instance, to me it seems that we are on a slow slippery slope into a police state. Some people think that the problem on our Mexican border, the fact that Obama is letting it get worse and worse could send us further down that slope. There is plenty of things happening that is against the constitution as we speak, a good start and something to look at is the patriot act. So go ahead and pull the freedom card.

--------------------
:advisory:

“If you want to find out who your real friends are, sink the ship. The first ones to jump aren’t your friends.” — Marilyn Manson

This isn't the correct place to confront me on anything.

Forum full of dead stars, and a necro I called Coma White

Edited by Laysthepipe (09/16/10 03:38 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekickin-two-hundo
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| ♪♫♪♫♪♫
Male User Gallery

Loc: afghanistan
Re: Important 9/11 Issue. Please vote. [Re: Laysthepipe]
    #478201 - 09/16/10 03:34 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Laysthepipe said:
I've always thought these mosques looked very American and patriotic.

i've always thought they looked like fat little shrooms

--------------------
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

anything and everything i post on here is completely fictional and come straight from the deepest depths of the black hole which is my mind.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#478205 - 09/16/10 03:38 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Laysthepipe said:
Quote:

THEBats said:
Quote:

Laysthepipe said:
Quote:

THEBats said:
Is it better to be appropriate or free?

Free.

In a post 9/11 America I just see it as an inappropriate location.

What better memorial of strength and freedom could there be than that of tolerance?

It's not a big issue to me, I live on the other side of the U.S pretty much. I just see it from the viewpoint of the families that lost someone on 9/11, making me think it is inappropriate.

I would also go on to say that we are not 100% free, since we cannot smoke marijuana, gays cannot get married in most places.

Marijuana is a much bigger issue to me, especially when our founding fathers, the people who wrote the constitution, used to smoke it, and the constitution is even written in hemp. If we are really following in their footsteps, there is no question that it would be legal.

One of my sisters is lesbian and cannot get married in our state.

People were not allowed to take a camera to the effected beaches during the gulf oil spill, that violated the constitution.

During Katrina guns were being taken from good American homes. That was against the constitution.

Ummm clearly you're getting a little off topic.  I don't know why you're bringing up the gulf oil spill or katrina. If you're for the constitution then you shouldn't have been arguing against the islamic center in the first place.  Also there's plenty of pictures of infected beach, yes I've seen them trying to show people away but they obviously didn't succeed too well. 

While all those issues could be argued constitutionally none of them are outlined in black and white in the first amendment.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Edited by THEBats (09/16/10 03:42 PM)

InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

#478209 - 09/16/10 03:42 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Most of the pictures you see are most likely before they restricted the area.

I am going off topic because you want to bring freedom into the argument, where our freedoms can and have been stripped during recent times.

We are not 100% free as you are stating.

I was not really arguing against it as it may look that way, I just think it is an inappropriate location.

Quote:

While all those issues could be argued constitutionally none of them are outlined in black and white in the first amendment.

Freedom of press - Gulf oil spill
Freedom to bear arms - Katrina

--------------------

“If you want to find out who your real friends are, sink the ship. The first ones to jump aren’t your friends.” — Marilyn Manson

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#478214 - 09/16/10 03:47 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Laysthepipe said:

I am going off topic because you want to bring freedom into the argument, where our freedoms can and have been stripped during recent times.

I was not really arguing against it as it may look that way, I just think it is an inappropriate location.

Areas were closed off for cleaning but there's been enough photos all over to counter any effect their quarantine had.  Where did I state we were 100% free?  I was merely arguing those who wish to diminish freedom don't belong in this country.

By finding the islamic center is inappropriate you are stereotyping the religion.  Much like not all christians protest funerals with, "god hates fags," signs not all muslims believe in killing innocents for god.

Also there are restrictions on both the right to bear arms, and freedom of the press.  A felon can't own a gun.  Press can't just go anywhere and film.  These aren't anything new.  Second amendment only removes federal interference however states can make their own restrictions.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Edited by THEBats (09/16/10 03:53 PM)

InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

#478216 - 09/16/10 03:48 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
Quote:

Laysthepipe said:

I was merely arguing those who wish to diminish freedom don't belong in this country.

They run this country, and it is not only limited to this country.

--------------------

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#478219 - 09/16/10 03:54 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

And?  You're taking this argument in circles now.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

#478226 - 09/16/10 04:02 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
And?  You're taking this argument in circles now.

This is pretty much my stance on the mosque. Aside from him saying his instinct is to burn the quran.

--------------------

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#478227 - 09/16/10 04:04 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Sorry, I had to turn it off when I read Alex Jones.  The disinformation war is on, which side can confuse us more.

I will agree with the title though.  It is a distraction. 

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

Edited by THEBats (09/16/10 04:04 PM)

InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

#478230 - 09/16/10 04:08 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
Sorry, I had to turn it off when I read Alex Jones.  The disinformation war is on, which side can confuse us more.

I will agree with the title though.  It is a distraction. 

He says he does not really agree with the mosque being built. But he does support it since it is a free country.

He said he does not agree with the bible being burned, but supports the freedom of religion and if they wanted to go down there where qurans were being burned, and burn bibles right beside it, well that is their rights.

--------------------

OfflineShaggy420
Male

#478672 - 09/17/10 04:33 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

chicken fried rice FTW:aweoverdose:

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

OfflineLucid
Monster Plant Creator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada-ish. Flag
Re: Important 9/11 Issue. Please vote. [Re: Shaggy420]
    #480529 - 09/21/10 09:21 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

LOL, A fucking message on my answering machine turned into a 70 reply debate? I love you growery. :vaped::vaped::vaped::randy:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder