Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejoshcereal
Stranger
Beginner indoor grow under 20-25.. Need advice
    #478522 - 09/16/10 10:52 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

So i decided to start a little project my friend gave me 6 kush seeds And i wanna grow them for around or under 20 bucks...

Stuff i have
-Area 3x3x3 area where i can pull a shelf and its 3 feet taller

-2 Tupperware containers that can hold about 4 pots

-a halogen light holder but no light

-6 great looking seeds that are already starting sprout in some napkin and water and dark area

-A few soil pots in the shed maybe... for sure a few milk jugs or 3 litter bottles..

Stuff im not sure about

-what type of soil i should get thats cheap and good for a small 2-3 plant setup

-what bulb i should get for the foot and half light

- and just a few links to stuff i can look at to help me through my process

I can read and read just need the right guidance...

ask me some questions and ill answer the best i can

thank lots
Cereal

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: Beginner indoor grow under 20-25.. Need advice [Re: joshcereal]
    #478525 - 09/16/10 11:01 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

i don't mean to be a negative nancy but there is no way to grow weed indoors for under $20.  your soil alone will cost $10+.  do you have any florescent lights lying around?  Halogen bulbs do not produce light in the proper spectrum to grow plants.

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: Beginner indoor grow under 20-25.. Need advice [Re: SmOakland]
    #478641 - 09/17/10 03:27 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Bro, if you try to grow those seeds on a $20 budget, I'm afraid you're going to end up completely wasting them.

My advice would be to start saving your money, and buy the right equipment, one peice at a time...

At the least, get a decent sized CFL from Wal-Mart, a fan, and a bag of some decent soil (I got a bag of Fox Farm's from Beaver Bark for $20). You MIGHT be able to get away with not buying the fan JUST yet, but you'll probably want one within a week. Oh, and DO NOT buy Miracle-Gro soil!!! It will give your plants a funky taste, and will probably end up burning them, too...

My roommate just bought the last 6 of the 200 watt equiv. CFL's that they had at our walmart for like 12.50 each...  One might do to start, I suppose, but you'll want more than one very shortly; I'd say four or five at least.

Honestly man, I wish you hadn't already started those seeds... It'll be a true test to see if you can get anything decent off of these. But, since the deed is done, there's no bemoaning spilt milk! Let's see if we can get you on the right track with this.

Here's a couple of grow logs that might be helpful to read: Critik's CFL grow and Revman's low-budget grow

Can you post pics of the grow area you have? I'd like to see exactly what you're working with, if possible...

--------------------
My best run so far

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #478812 - 09/17/10 08:50 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Welcome to the Growery :thumbup:

Now that aside the 20 dollar thing isn't gonna happen. :shrug:

Unless that space is located in full sunlight and you used cheap soil from a hardware store and pray they have enough food to make it. (They won't) :facepalm:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinejoshcereal
Stranger
Re: Beginner indoor grow under 20-25.. Need advice [Re: Magash]
    #478829 - 09/17/10 09:39 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

So i relized i couldnt do this under 20 but i got a light 6000 daylight light and i bought some organic half and halfsoil ill let them grow about 3 inches and replant them to gallon milk jugs and i guess just from there try and sea of green it

but ill buy some food and another light for when i transplant them in the future ..... suggestions after this would be awsome... i think i will get some pic tommrow

Offlinejoshcereal
Stranger
    #478832 - 09/17/10 09:43 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

One question for now how long should i put the startings of the seeds under light (how many hours on how many off) and about whats a good distance per inch of growth for keeping the lamp at??

thanks

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom