Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDoctorDarkMatter
Stranger

CFL grow... * 1
    #472481 - 09/05/10 01:11 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Hey, just kind of updating my grow. Wish I could have took more pictures, like my other post said this was not a planned grow. I know now what to do and not to do if I go for another grow after this. She does have pistils comming up as they seem to be. Not balls, so I am 70% she is female, maybe a few more days to a week and Ill be able to tell for sure.
If I would have done it different I would have tied her down early to train her to grow shorter and more spread out then taller. And maybe topped the plant. I think the lights should be fine, I moved it to a bigger grow box. Which gave it more room, Im still getting burnt tips, but nothing like before. Before the leaves where getting crispy and burnt now it is just the very ends of the top leaves, but not enough to worry about, the plant seems ok despite this.
Not sure how much taller she will get, but I guess theres not much I can do about it. all in all Im happy ive gotten this far, for not planning a damn thing. Next time, I will rig the lights so I can move them freely rather then being fixed. This is a bagseed dank by the way, you cant realy tell in the pics but its about a foot and a half, maybe a bit taller then that.

Edited by DoctorDarkMatter (09/05/10 01:19 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDoctorDarkMatter
Stranger

Re: CFL grow... [Re: DoctorDarkMatter]
    #474422 - 09/09/10 12:31 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Update:09/09/2010
The plant now has white hairs popping up on the tops of the branches and stalk. Looks good! I beleive I have spotted pistils on one of the nodes, Im still kind of confused, you have these 4 protrusions poking out of the nodes where the main branches part out, but you also have these fine white hairs that are comming out. But yet on the smaller branches you can see things that look "like" balls. Not really pollen sacks. So I am wondering if they are just buds starting to come up. Time will tell. Anyways, heres some pics of it, or her. On the last picture you can see the pistils(I beleive) on the right side.

OfflineDoctorDarkMatter
Stranger

Re: CFL grow... [Re: DoctorDarkMatter]
    #481570 - 09/24/10 12:45 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

UPDATE:
Here are some new pics. Not sure how far along she is, id say two maybe three weeks into flowering.I gues I should complete this a bit,since this grow wasn't really planned I'm not to sure on the time period. I know it took about a month in a half in veg, and it has ben in flowering for close to a month, maybe a little less.
I started with 6 bulbs all together, cfls. Three bulbs are 150w equivilent, two are 300w equiv. and one was a 100w eq. Due to heat issues I had to take out the 100w and the 150w. But the other 4 bulbs have ben working like a charm. During veg I fed it fox farms veg nutes, every other watering.
In flowering I feed it fox farms big bloom nutes, and the bloom fertilizer. ive ben feeding every other watering, sometimes I will feed for two waterings and then give it a good shot of straight water for the next watering. Lol Ive had  a real problem with the height of this plant, I should have know better, but I did not tie it down or anything.
I did not expect it to get so big, but im sure as much soil as I gave it had some to do with that. So battling burnt leaves, and being too close to the lights Ive gotten her to a point where she seems to be doing ok, the leaves that have gradually gotten crispy do not seem to bother the flowering of it. The pistils are white and vibrant and growing good.
I had a small cabnet that I used for veg, due to the height I had to hallow out a dresser and set it up for the flowering. Right now the top of the plant(on the left, the way it is tied) is right at the top and seemed to stop growing, and the branches have grown an insane amount and are almost at the top. The heat at the top peaks around 110f. But again this doesnt seem to hurt the plant too much since its only on for 12 hours, that gives the other 12 hours time for it to recover some.
That about some this getto grow up, My next one will be better planned and thought out for sure.

Edited by DoctorDarkMatter (09/25/10 02:16 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom