Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: organic? [Re: Psilobuds]
    #461300 - 08/16/10 11:18 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Here's a nice introductory example of what I'm talking about;

"Organic" simply means chunks of decaying matter from previously living organisms. That decaying matter contains TONS of nutrition for the plant, but the molecules are absolutely enormous and are downright impossible for the plant to absorb through it's roots at such a size. Due to this, the plants rely on soil microfauna such as bacteria, viruses, protozoa and fungi (those four can be as much of 75% of the weight of soil!) to break down those molecules into usable compounds. Now study the image below.  You'll notice that the organic matter is mineralized into Ammonium (NH4+) and Ammonia (NH3-), then Nitrite and Nitrate (NO2- and NO3- respectively), all four of which are available for plants to uptake by the roots.

Now the part that's interesting there (which I'm hoping you've already noticed) is that the Microorganisms in the soil broke the organic matter down into EXACTLY the same chemicals that you find in your General Hydroponics nutrients. Or Fox Farm, or blah blah blah.  That's what I'm getting at with that statement; it really doesn't matter the tiniest slightest little fuck if you give your plants giant chunks of decaying matter to feed on, because in the end they will be consuming the exact same available minerals. The ONLY thing that you get out of organic growing is that everything takes extra time because you have to wait on the soil microherd to digest everything before you plants can eat, whereas in hydro the plants can just eat immediately after you feed them.

In summary; Hydro fertilizers = Faster growth, bigger yields, higher potency. Organic = Slower, smaller, makes the hippies happy

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: organic? [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #461423 - 08/16/10 02:26 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

grod31 said:
lol you showed me man
the way your tigerbloom works is only because of the soil and water you use
if you use tigerbloom with mirical grow soil and faucet water then it wont do you any good.
again almost everything else is more important then the nute line you choose to use.

please prove me wrong :hatsoff:

You sound like a retard.

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Quote:

trottertim said:
like more potent healthier bigger buds.

No, in fact, synthetic fertilizers will yield you the heaviest, most potent buds you can possibly grow. Organic fertilizers make hippies happy who don't have the slightest comprehension of biochemistry and soil ecology, but that's about as far as the appeal goes

Sounds brilliant.

OfflinePsilobuds

#461575 - 08/16/10 04:30 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
In summary; Hydro fertilizers = Faster growth, bigger yields, higher potency. Organic = Slower, smaller, makes the hippies happy

you make yourself sound like a retard again completely discrediting organic

you got a 98% in biochemistry high five brah

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #461580 - 08/16/10 04:33 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

and you make yourself sound like a retard once again by simply resorting to baseless personal attacks rather than actually presenting an intelligent counter argument. High five brah :rolleyes:

Did you even attempt to read my last post or did you just decide to be insulted because your hippy ideals of organics being the best turn out to be complete bullshit? I'm sorry your dreadlocks are choking out your brain, but I presented legitimate, logical reasons there and all you have to say in retort is "uhh.... you're like, retarded brah." :flowstone:  Come back when you've graduated high school and have something legitimate to contribute to the discussion

--------------------

Offlinegrod31
Ranger
 User Gallery

#461583 - 08/16/10 04:37 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

smoakland you think that the nutes you use are more important then the genetics you choose?
please explain to me how you are right
because from my point of view you are the one who sounds like a "retard" as you would put it.
i have not said anything wrong and you have not proved yourself right.

edit- you said it bro
"rather than actually presenting an intelligent counter argument"

--------------------
DO NOT USE mushmagic.com- THEY LIE AND SELL DRUGS TO CHILDREN :thumbdown:
--------------------------------------------------
Back the tape up.  I need it again!
Let it roll!  Just as high as the fucker can go! 
And when it comes to that fantastic note
where the rabbit bites its own head off,
I want you to THROW THAT FUCKING
RADIO INTO THE TUB WITH ME!
    Not me.  It would blast you through
the wall stone dead in ten seconds and they'd make me explain.

Edited by grod31 (08/16/10 04:38 PM)

OfflinePsilobuds

#461631 - 08/16/10 06:13 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

harry i got no dreds ya racist :wink:, i didn't call you a retard just saying you make your self sound like a retard by completing disregarding organic

but yeah your right in what you say about chemical ferts, but that doesn't mean you cant do well using organic/renewable/FREE fertilizers

with the right genetics and love you can easily get a pound of quality per plant without spending a cent on fertilizers  i never said anything about the best possible turn out

your summary of organic just made you seem closed minded and arrogant from my point of view (retard was the wrong word sorry mate)

EDIT: just read the rating you left me LOL now i got a reason to get 50 posts on this forum, unknot your panties and get over your self son

Edited by Psilobuds (08/16/10 11:30 PM)

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Re: organic? [Re: grod31]
    #461946 - 08/17/10 07:47 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

grod31 said:
smoakland you think that the nutes you use are more important then the genetics you choose?
please explain to me how you are right
because from my point of view you are the one who sounds like a "retard" as you would put it.
i have not said anything wrong and you have not proved yourself right.

edit- you said it bro
"rather than actually presenting an intelligent counter argument"

This is just such a dumb argument it is not worth my time.

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Re: organic? [Re: SmOakland]
    #461949 - 08/17/10 08:00 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Psilobuds is defending organic / more sustainable farming of things other than cannabis.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #461969 - 08/17/10 08:39 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

is dreadlocks a race now? Are hippies considered a race? I wasn't aware :shrug:

you're talkinga bout sustainable agriculture which I wish you had specified earlier because I'm 100% in support of. However, you should know that simply calling it "organic" is misleading because that definition is far too broad, and we're specifically talking about indoor cultivation.

The summary of my position; If you're trying to grow indoor cannabis, synthetic fertilizers 99.9% of the time will yield you larger, more potent buds than organic fertilizers. However, outdoors organic is the ONLY way to go IMO because you're going to need to turn crops from that patch of land for years to come and you'll want to encourage a healthy and diverse soil ecosystem to maintain the fertility.

Now that I'm aware of your actual position here I'll edit your rating to reflect that

--------------------

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
    #461994 - 08/17/10 09:23 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

:lol:

Offlineimpgl

#462947 - 08/18/10 02:20 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
great well I bet the 98% I got in a graduate level soil biochemistry course also makes me sound like a retard. feel free to try and present an intelligent counter point, and i'll gladly show you which one of us is the retard :thumbup:

lulz pwnd

--------------------

OfflinePsilobuds

#462971 - 08/18/10 03:06 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
is dreadlocks a race now? Are hippies considered a race? I wasn't aware :shrug:

you're talkinga bout sustainable agriculture which I wish you had specified earlier because I'm 100% in support of. However, you should know that simply calling it "organic" is misleading because that definition is far too broad, and we're specifically talking about indoor cultivation.

The summary of my position; If you're trying to grow indoor cannabis, synthetic fertilizers 99.9% of the time will yield you larger, more potent buds than organic fertilizers. However, outdoors organic is the ONLY way to go IMO because you're going to need to turn crops from that patch of land for years to come and you'll want to encourage a healthy and diverse soil ecosystem to maintain the fertility.

Now that I'm aware of your actual position here I'll edit your rating to reflect that

:hug:

yeah i'm sorry i get lazy with typing, and was being arrogant myself

not feeling like i got 'pwned', but ill admit i came across the retard in this situation

lets grow some fat buds :cheers:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds