Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

synthetic weed becoming ilegal
    #444918 - 07/11/10 12:56 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

You know bad shit wouldnt happen if they would just legalize already.

I saw an ariticle like this, this morning in the houston chronicle.

Seated in a hookah lounge in the Tower Grove district, Albert Kuo trained his lighter above a marbleized glass pipe stuffed with synthetic marijuana. Inhaling deeply, Kuo, an art student at an area college, singed the pipe’s leafy contents, emitting a musky cloud of smoke.

Kuo, 25, had gathered here with a small cohort of friends for what could be the last time they legally get high in Missouri on a substance known popularly as K2, a blend of herbs treated with synthetic marijuana.

On Tuesday, Gov. Jeremiah W. “Jay” Nixon, a Democrat, signed a bill prohibiting possession of K2. Missouri is the nation’s eighth state this year to ban the substance, which has sent users to emergency rooms across the country complaining of everything from elevated heart rates and paranoia to vomiting and hallucinations.

Investigators blame the drug in at least one death, and this month, Gov. Mike D. Beebe of Arkansas, a Democrat, signed an emergency order banning the substance. Similar prohibitions are pending or awaiting governors’ signatures in at least six other states, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.

Often marketed as incense, K2 is sold openly in gas stations, head shops and, of course, online. It can sell for as much as $40 per gram.

Many users say they are undaunted by reports of negative reactions to the drug. K2 does not show up on drug tests, and users say that while they would like to know what is in it, they would take their chances if it means a clean urine test.

The Missouri ban, which goes into effect Aug. 28, prohibits several cannabinoids that investigators have found in K2 and related products. Nevertheless, investigators and researchers say bans such as the one in Missouri are little more than “Band-Aids” that street chemists can sidestep with a slight alteration to a chemical’s molecular structure. “Once it goes illegal, I already have something to replace it with,” said Micah Riggs, who sells the product at his coffee shop in Kansas City. “There are hundreds of these synthetics, and we just go about it a couple of them at a time.”

Investigators say a more effective ban might arise once the Drug Enforcement Administration completes its review of cannabinoids, placing them under the Controlled Substances Act. Currently, however, only one such substance is controlled under the act, although the agency has listed four others as “chemicals of concern.”

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: synthetic weed becoming ilegal [Re: iStoner]
    #444919 - 07/11/10 12:57 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

i wasnt sure where this should go, so if a mod thinks theres a better place for it. they may move it

--------------------

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
    #444924 - 07/11/10 01:09 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

tl;dr

people over-reacting (lawmakers) about people over-reacting (ppl that think they gona die from K2).

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

OfflineKilroy
old stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cold as Hell Flag
    #444925 - 07/11/10 01:09 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

You know it was just a matter of time before they would do this. If some big ass company was backing it and could afford lobbyist then this would not even be a discussion about it. I have not tried this stuff yet, but I admit I ordered some to see what it is like, and since I am studying for the job hunt I am really missing my favorite thing, and thought this might help get me by for now.

--------------------
Just smoke a bowl and get over your self
We are human beings first everything else is second

You can not hold anything I post against me for I am delusional

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: synthetic weed becoming ilegal [Re: Kilroy]
    #444926 - 07/11/10 01:12 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Still, good luck getting rid of drugs.

Chemists are :awebig:

--------------------

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: synthetic weed becoming ilegal [Re: Kilroy]
    #444928 - 07/11/10 01:13 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

i havent tried it but have also thought about it, because its a really big thing around here called serinity.

--------------------

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#444929 - 07/11/10 01:14 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

iStoner said:
i havent tried it but have also thought about it, because its a really big thing around here called serinity.

You could get it from one of our sponsors I'm pretty sure.

Granted I haven't tried it either.

idk if I really wanna though.

--------------------

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
    #444931 - 07/11/10 01:22 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

K2 does not show up on drug tests, and users say that while they would like to know what is in it, they would take their chances if it means a clean urine test.

:nonono: This is just dumb...I refuse to ingest anything I haven't researched.  Even the food I eat gets a critical eye.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: synthetic weed becoming ilegal [Re: 81renaissance]
    #444935 - 07/11/10 01:44 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Just proof prohibition is only creating a market for drugs of a more unknown and possibly dangerous nature.

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: synthetic weed becoming ilegal [Re: 81renaissance]
    #444937 - 07/11/10 01:47 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

81renaissance said:
Quote:

K2 does not show up on drug tests, and users say that while they would like to know what is in it, they would take their chances if it means a clean urine test.

:nonono: This is just dumb...I refuse to ingest anything I haven't researched.  Even the food I eat gets a critical eye.

i agree, but some people just gotta get there fix

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order