Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: coda]
    #385517 - 03/17/10 05:49 PM (14 years, 14 days ago)

Its a term I've been hearing more and more for removing all branches on the lower 1/2 - 1/3 of the plant giving it a lollipop-like appearance.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #385610 - 03/17/10 08:26 PM (14 years, 14 days ago)

Yah, that's what I thought you meant.  Just never heard the term before :smile:

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlinedutc2006
Grow or Die

Folding@home Statistics
    #385947 - 03/18/10 04:02 PM (14 years, 14 days ago)

This "lollipopping" definitely seems to be the trend here on this site.  I was wondering if anybody ever did any side by side tests with it, one plant lollipopped and the other not to see the effect on yield.  I use the small lower popcorn buds for hash or butter, or to reveg the plant after harvest, that is the only reason I never have tried it.  I can appreciate the logic behind doing it, and was wondering if the yields actually improve, because I could be convinced to try it on some plants.

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: dutc2006]
    #386111 - 03/18/10 06:32 PM (14 years, 13 days ago)

I haven't done a side-by-side, but I have done consecutive grows where the only thing I changed was not trimming -> trimming. The difference in yield was negligible, but the buds on the trimmed plant were bigger. If you top/fim your plants like I do, it allows you to get some of that mass back in your buds. The way I look at it is since the upper buds are closer to the light and less likely to be shaded, it must be at least partially beneficial to concentrate your bud volume there as opposed to down lower. Not everybody likes to chop or hst though and I understand that. There is one major benefit of lollipopping and that is increased airflow around the root zone. Reading about that is what finally tipped the scales for me.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Offlinethe man

#386224 - 03/18/10 07:15 PM (14 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Looking good, the sleestack looks a little hungry.  The OG18 is looking bad ass though, can't wait to see the buds on that one.

ya it actually won an award that cross. go figure. sort of weird to keep a cross name for a cup entry is it not?

lookin great man. i had soem Kandy in the dam and i really liked it although i did not find it that strong, but nothing i tried there seemed to be killer just really pleasant all around though. could be i was just taking in everything and over stimulated.

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: the man]
    #386423 - 03/18/10 10:18 PM (14 years, 13 days ago)

OG #18 x Skunk from DNA has not win any awards that I'm aware of. Riserva Privada won some award for OG #18 this year, maybe thats what you're thinking of? This is why I call OG #18 x Skunk a cross though, because by all accounts these 5 strains are one-time crosses.

--------------------
|

Offlinethe man

#386730 - 03/19/10 10:49 AM (14 years, 13 days ago)

ya this cross did. the indica cup!!

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #386740 - 03/19/10 10:58 AM (14 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

the man said:
ya this cross did. the indica cup!!

You've got bad info man, likely from RIU. Reserva Privada's OG #18 took 2nd in this year's indica cup.

DNA hasn't even "officially" released these crosses yet. As far as I know the only people with them got them from the special offer @ the 'tude.

--------------------
|

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (03/19/10 10:59 AM)

Offlinethe man

#386832 - 03/19/10 12:42 PM (14 years, 13 days ago)

yea i know didnt make sense to have a cross as an entry name. yea you are right! i got my info from the attitude website on the homepage which is incorrect. my bad! never believe what you read on the interwebz. haha

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #388165 - 03/22/10 09:49 AM (14 years, 10 days ago)

I had to upload this one. When the exposure started it was pitch-black but the HPS turned on and it came out looking crazy at the top-left.

Trees of the PNW

LA Conf x Skunk will be great for sog.

Kushberry x Skunk will be great for

OG #18 x Skunk will be great for

Kandy Kush x Skunk getting its bud on.

Interesting leaf mutation on Kushberry x Skunk...7th & 8th fingers are melded together.

:peace:

--------------------
|

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #389098 - 03/23/10 10:47 PM (14 years, 8 days ago)

Two confirmed males today and both were Sleestack x Skunk. I'll be collecting pollen from both but only plan on using the indica-dominant for breeding.

Three confirmed females today also, LA Conf x Skunk and two Kushberry x Skunk. My favorite plant OG #18 is the last one to show sex but I'm confident it will be female. Its clones rooted 2 days before any other plant and are the most vigorous, so unless the buds are really underwhelming this is going to be a keeper.

--------------------
|

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #389226 - 03/24/10 09:52 AM (14 years, 8 days ago)

Updated pic w/ labels. OG #18 is a female leaving me with 11 females and 3 males from 14 seeds. I suspect 24/0 & LEDs during veg have something to do with the ratio (as usual) but have no way of proving it. Either way hats off to DNA for taking a risk on the freebies and winning my future business.

The lollipops on the left are going to fill in single-cola just like I was hoping.

All of the labeled plants are going to be seeded by sleestack x skunk, but I decided against open pollination. At least 8-12 branches from each plant will be seeded though, so it will significantly impact bud development. Those 5 make a great looking family.

--------------------
|

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (03/24/10 09:53 AM)

Offlinemoogles
    #389339 - 03/24/10 02:34 PM (14 years, 8 days ago)

Props 206, kind of interesting that we are from the same area and I lost my freebie pack from DNA..

I blame you, thief!

Just kidding. Nice lollipops!

I am most interested in the OG18, hope she fills out for you!

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: moogles]
    #389779 - 03/25/10 10:39 AM (14 years, 7 days ago)

Thanks man. Did they ever make it up to you? I've never had a problem ordering from the tude, but I always get t-shirts fwiw.

--------------------
|

Offlinemoogles
    #389805 - 03/25/10 11:11 AM (14 years, 7 days ago)

I got the T shirt, and the beans.

But they are no longer in my possession.

I could elaborate at a later time.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #389891 - 03/25/10 01:02 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

Wow man trucking along perfectly.  I really have a fondness for your setup for some reason :shrug:

It's like a grow-crush.  Heh anyways the G13/Haze x Mango's are doing alright.  Sloooooooow veggers though, and very thin roots...?  I hope I get a girl I can make a momma.  The 2 I have are 1/2 the size of the last 2 SS x BK I germinated at the same time, I can't wait to see how huge they get outdoors, I have clones from those plants vegging already for outdoors this year so I am going to have some 9-10 ft bushes this summer, I love the sun!  :sunny:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: Inverted]
    #391855 - 03/28/10 10:01 PM (14 years, 3 days ago)

Well the tops were getting within 4-6" of the 600w today and showing light damage so I had to lower the shelves. Another thing I put off and put off for too long and got me. Anyways here is a new shot, the lollipops should have better light coverage now:

It will be 5-7 days before I update. Should look real nice!

Quote:

Inverted said:
Heh anyways the G13/Haze x Mango's are doing alright.  Sloooooooow veggers though, and very thin roots...?  I hope I get a girl I can make a momma.  The 2 I have are 1/2 the size of the last 2 SS x BK I germinated at the same time, I can't wait to see how huge they get outdoors, I have clones from those plants vegging already for outdoors this year so I am going to have some 9-10 ft bushes this summer, I love the sun!  :sunny:

Yeah sorry man. I was disappointed with the ones I grew out for the same reasons...slow groth and small stature. The mom and dad were *extremely* vigorous plants grown from seed so I don't know why the cross failed so hard. I know its always hit and miss but this one surprised me and made me want to start fresh.

--------------------
|

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #394502 - 04/02/10 10:31 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Kandy Kush x Skunk (Supercropped twice, she is a glutton for punishment)
Kandy Kush x Skunk (Her resin production is outstanding)
Sleestack x Skunk (Has not been flowering quite as long as most) **I mistakenly listed this as LA Conf x Skunk earlier**

My Kushberry x Skunk clones still haven't rooted. I think its strange that the OG #18 rooted so fast and is so vigorous but the Kushberry is budding the fastest. When you're in the room looking at them it seems like the Kushberry got a 5-7 day jump on 12/12 compared to the rest of the plants.

I'll have some updates on the big plants this weekend.

:peace:

--------------------
|

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (04/02/10 04:29 PM)

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #394692 - 04/02/10 04:34 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Looking really nice, can't wait to see the big update.

How long have you been flowering now?

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #394704 - 04/02/10 05:05 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Most of the small-pot plants have been flowering for 30-40 days, although they had very little pre-veg. Here they are 28 days ago for reference.

The big 4 have been flowering for 17 days now. LA Conf x Skunk started clawing up something bad in the last couple days so I just flushed all four with a 1/4 strength feeding today to be safe. They have all been getting about 1000ppm the last several feedings and for some reason the salt became a problem for the LA. I think it was too much bud blood which is very salty stuff.

Pics this weekend!

--------------------
|

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom