Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSimple
Lover
 User Gallery

Pruning Fans?
    #378645 - 03/04/10 09:46 PM (14 years, 18 days ago)

I have read many a few say to never take a leaf if you can avoid it, even the ones that will fall off in a few days.
I would think that during the last parts of a fruit, it would be wise to burn em out with a lot of photons and foliar yummys, and then when they dry up cut em and work on the ones below?
    ?should there be any below the top canopy?
I read that if one plans on double fruiting that they must leave some lower fan leaves for the return to veg stage b4 2nd maturation?

What I'm more interested in is the fan leaves, at what point does the fruiting body no longer need them/function better without?

--------------------
Sifting through the shit of life

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: Pruning Fans? [Re: Simple]
    #378652 - 03/04/10 09:58 PM (14 years, 18 days ago)

i try to never cut leaves off at any point. if a leaf is really fucked up ill cut it off. but most of the time i wait until the leaf gets to the point where it either falls off naturally, or it pops off when i bend it back. i dont know if its good, bad, or neutral, but i like to go through my plants once a week or so and pop off any leaves that easily come off.

if a leaf is dead or dying, i'll go ahead and cut it off if it doesnt already pop off.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Pruning Fans? [Re: Simple]
    #378660 - 03/04/10 10:34 PM (14 years, 18 days ago)

Don't cut fan leaves. Simple as this, if you want the house to stayed powered you don'nt go out and rip off the solar panels.

Quote:

for the return to veg stage b4 2nd maturation?

Totally false this doesn't happen before the 2nd harvest.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineSimple
Lover
 User Gallery

Re: Pruning Fans? [Re: Magash]
    #378661 - 03/04/10 10:35 PM (14 years, 18 days ago)

Ty

--------------------
Sifting through the shit of life

Invisiblewishcouldeletethis
Female User Gallery

Re: Pruning Fans? *DELETED* [Re: Simple]
    #378670 - 03/04/10 10:49 PM (14 years, 18 days ago)

Post deleted by lampshadehelmet

Reason for deletion: f

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Pruning Fans? [Re: wishcouldeletethis]
    #379418 - 03/07/10 10:48 AM (14 years, 15 days ago)

If more then 50% of my leaf is diseased or dying I'll prune it, if it comes off with a gentle tug, I'll remove it, otherwise do as mag says and leave them be!  Like was mentioned if you have large fans blocking light to the lower portions of your plants, use the other leaves and tuck the larger one underneath it.  This will open up the lower part of your plant without removing a perfectly good fan.  Less stress on the plant, increased light, and no lost foliage.  Can't beat it!  If the fan keeps popping out just get a small piece of yarn and loop it around the main stalk and use it to hold the leaf back.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineBuddy Guy
Gone Rogue

Loc: Unknown
Re: Pruning Fans? [Re: coda]
    #379478 - 03/07/10 01:13 PM (14 years, 15 days ago)

Leave Those Leaves Alone. Remember. Your nutrient uptake is determined by the square inch of solar panel or leaf surface your plant has to eat with. The more leaves. The more nutrient uptake, The more nutrient uptake. The bigger your buds can potentially become. You don't want to remove any fan leaves if at all possible. Coda's rule of thumb on when to remove leaves and the tucking away of them is exactly what I practice. Check this out http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/377620/page/1 I feel this may be helpful to you.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Pruning Fans? [Re: Buddy Guy]
    #379497 - 03/07/10 01:52 PM (14 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Buddy Guy said:
Leave Those Leaves Alone. Remember. Your nutrient uptake is determined by the square inch of solar panel or leaf surface your plant has to eat with. The more leaves. The more nutrient uptake, The more nutrient uptake. The bigger your buds can potentially become. You don't want to remove any fan leaves if at all possible. Coda's rule of thumb on when to remove leaves and the tucking away of them is exactly what I practice. Check this out http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/377620/page/1 I feel this may be helpful to you.

QFT

I feel and do the same way.  Of course with my scrog I had to pull some from under the screen but that's just part of the deal.  Anything viable and above the screen is left.  It it doesn't get enough light, the plant will realize it and will pull the nutrients from those leaves until they are "soft/pliable" and come off with light pressure.  Anything that fights me to stay on the plant, stays.  I use the same trick of tucking leaves back.  They will usually pop back into place every couple days but it gives me a reason to go digging in my garden for an hour or so.  :grin:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineLucid
Monster Plant Creator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada-ish. Flag
Re: Pruning Fans? [Re: Inverted]
    #379498 - 03/07/10 01:56 PM (14 years, 15 days ago)

you smell

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder