Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

4 Jack Herer Clones - Full Harvest W/Pics
    #329207 - 12/10/09 12:14 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

My Setup:

Small Sun Hut
Grow Area: 3'x4.5'x7'

Bulb: Philips Ceramalux 400 Watt HPS (50,000 Lumens - 2100K)
Ballast: 400 Watt Sun System Galaxy

Soil: Fox Farm Ocean Forest and Black Gold Perlite (3:1)
Base Nutrients: Fox Farm's Grow Big, Big Bloom, and Tiger Bloom
Additives: Fox Farm's Cha-Ching
Water: RO H20

Strain: Jack Herer

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

November 16, 2009

I received 1 Jack Herer cutting from a friend today, and put it under a 150 watt HPS light among the 3 San Pedro cacti that I have.

November 24, 2009

Hung out with my friend I got the clones from, and ended up with 5 more clones. Turns out, what I had originally thought was a Sour Diesel clone, was actually a Jack Herer clone. I got 4 more tiny, shitty looking Jack cuttings in rock wool, and one nice Sour Diesel cutting in a cup. Since I took this picture, the cutting with the biggest leaves had a bunch of roots on the bottom, so I planted it in a cup with the Fox Farm soil and watered.

Jack Herer:        Sour Diesel:   

December 1, 2009

I transplanted the Jack #1 and Sour D into 1.7 gallon pots.

December 13, 2009

Last night I took some flexible blue medical tape that only sticks to itself, and bent the main shoot of the Jack Herer plant down. Today I took more of that tape and bent the main shoot and secondary shoot of the Sour Diesel plant and taped them to the side. Also watered them along with a totally fucked up JH clone.

I'm thinking of bending this branch too. This is another pic of the Sour Diesel.

Here's the fucked up Jack clone. I think it's just extremely stressed. It should fix itself in the next couple weeks. I hope...

December 14, 2009

Did some more bending today on the Sour Diesel. It's really starting to look good. Still some discolored leaves, but no biggie. I think the whole plant will green up next time I water it with Grow Big and Big Bloom.

Redid the Jack Herer as well, and bent 2 more branches.

December 21, 2009

I set up my new light today. I'm using a 400 watt Sun System Galaxy ballast, Sun Leaves Auroa reflector, and some cheap 400 watt HPS bulb by GE. I have to say, holy shit, this thing is amazing!!! I can't wait to see results... This is is way brighter than I thought it would be. Way brighter than the 150 of course, and I love how there is no annoying buzzing with this digital ballast.

Anyway, just took some pictures of the new setup.

December 22, 2009

My Sour Diesel was looking a little fucked up. Looked like either a nitrogen or sulfur deficiency, so I asked a friend of mine who is a fellow grower, has a year and a half experience on me. (I basically have none) He told me to transfer them into bigger pots and water with plain water for a week or so, and then start using fertilizer again.

I transferred the plants from 1.7 gallon pots to 4.75 gallon pots. Huge size difference. Glad I made the switch. I don't know what I was thinking. I'll definitely need more root space for flowering. Here are just a couple pics to check out from today's work.

(Yes, I switched the plants up. The first picture is before watering.)

December 26, 2009

I hooked up a 6" Vortex inline fan today. I didn't have enough money for the carbon filter, so I just hooked it up with ducting coming down to suck in the air near the light and blow it out to top of the tent. Watered my Sour Diesel with 2 gallons of half strength Grow Big and Big Bloom last night. Today I watered the rest of them with half strength nutes as well.

Also, I almost forgot. A few days ago, I topped the giant Indica mutant, so it will have 9 main shoots. 3 sets of 3. Still no sex ID on either Indica plant. I threw away both clones I had taken. They looked alright, but they weren't worth keeping around.

December 29, 2009

I flushed all my plants today (except Indica #1) using final flush. I've realized that I'm being an idiot and not listening to what people have told me. I've been burning the plants with nutrients while the soil itself has enough for a month after transplant. so i figured the flushing with final flush would help no matter what.

The grower I got my clones from called me up and was having an emergency. Needed a place for Momma Jack. So, now I have the Mom and her cloned bitches to introduce to you guys.

This is a Jack Herer clone that all of my Jack Herer clones came from, so, it was acting like a mom for a while. It was originally grown in miracle grow soil, but after giving the grower shit about it, the grower transplanted the plant into a 7 gallon pot with FF Ocean Forest. It had been in flowering for about 1-1.5 weeks, and my light schedule is 18/6 right now, so it's not that big of a jump back up in hours of light, so I don't think it'll stress it too much, but I don't know...

A couple of up close bud shots:

I set up my 150 watt HPS in a closet and put the 2 Indicas in there along with the 2 smallest Jack clones. My tent is now completely full of plants.

December 31, 2009

Switching to 12/12 starting tomorrow. Here are the last few shots of the tent before it goes into flowering.

January 1, 2010

Both Indicas I had going were confirmed males, so I went ahead and chopped them up and flushed them. It was a sad thing to do. They were beautiful plants, but it had to be done.

January 6, 2010

Things are looking very nice. I have 3 of the 4 plants raised up, with the giant budding Jack just standing on the ground. It's tall enough... just trying to even the canopy. Also bought one of those carbon filters that looks like a giant intake filter for a car. I wanted to get the can 33 or 66, but my tent wont support that much weight. There's no way either of them would have worked. The one I have is rated up to 900 and something CFM, so I can run my fan at full speed and get the most out of the filter as possible.

January 30, 2010

There's a few updates since last time I posted. I added another 400 watter, ended up not being able to use it due to heat issues... so I'm back to running one 400 watt HPS with the cheap econowing reflector. It seems to cover more area with more light.

I am down to 4 plants in my tent, and still have no room. Hopefully when the buds get bigger things will look a little better. That Sour Diesel turns out to be another Jack clone. Not biggie, I fucking love Jack Herer.

These 3 are 30 days into flowering today:

This 1 is 44 days into flowering:

Overall Tent Shot:

February 11, 2010

Figured I would post some new pictures. Yesterday I started using Fox Farm's Cha Ching in combination with their Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom, so I'm excited to see the results in the next week. (I'm following Fox Farm's Feeding Chart in case you were wondering.)

Here is the very first Jack Herer that I got:

Jack 2

Jack 3 (Ex Sour D)

Momma Jack (Who is a clone herself, and the mother of the other 2 or 3. She was about 2 weeks into flowering when I got it.)

Tent Shot:

February 28, 2010

Flushed out all 4 plants within the past 3-4 days. Haven't done it for a while so i figured it would be smart to make sure there aren't any salt build ups or nutrient lockouts. Flushed out with Final Phase and plain H2O, then ran half strength nutes through. Went in and popped off some dead leaves, and put stakes in to hold up some buds and branches. They're starting to pack on weight now and getting super crystally. I'll try to get a good up-close picture of one of the buds.

March 4, 2010

Tomorrow it will be week 9. Thought I'd share some pictures I took this morning. Momma Jack has about 2 weeks left before harvest, so I'll be flushing again the next watering, and feed water only until I harvest. I'm guessing the other 3 will be done around April 1, right in time for the holiday.

Big Momma Jack:

One of the other Jack's

March 12, 2010

Figured out momma Jack is 2.5-3 weeks further ahead in flowering than the other 3. went through and popped off any leaves that would pop off without much effort. Trichomes are perfect. I'll be harvesting this weekend sometime. Only harvesting the mother plant. Today is day 71 for the 3 clones I grew, so I'm going to let them go until the end of this month maybe first week of April and then harvest. So, about 90 days for this strain to finish flowering.

Mom has been flushed, and the others will start to get flushed either this next watering or the watering after. Anyway, here are some pics of the plants.

Mom

Jack #1 - Clone from Mom

March 13, 2010

Starting around 12 AM this morning, a trusted friend and I went through the mother Jack plant and harvested most of the buds, leaving the lower, less dense buds that never got good direct light. I then put what was left of the plant back into the grow tent. I'm hoping to give it a little time and see if the buds put on some more weight. But yea, we started around midnight, my helper left around 3 or 3:30, and I finally got done with everything, trimming, weighing, hanging, and cleaning. What an experience... The total wet weigh of what I harvested this morning is 284.7 grams.

March 18, 2010

Harvested my 3 Jack's at 76 days into flowering last night. I had another friend help me out this time and we weren't tweaking so I did a lot better job at trimming then last time. I think I took a little too much off. Oh well, but anyway, here are some pictures.

Jack Herer:        Possible Sour Diesel:   

I honestly can't tell if this is a Sour Diesel clone or another Jack clone. I'm thinking Jack but a friend thinks Sour D. I guess I'll find out once its done curing.

The buds hanging up to dry:

Breaking everything down:

My trimming helper didn't change gloves once, and this is what was pulled off of a couple the fingers:

Well, off of 4 Jack Herer clones, I was able to pull about 9 ounces of bud. I pulled the first Jack clone, which happened to be the mother plant at ~90 days into flowering, and the other 3 at 76 days. I ended up getting 2.5 Oz. from the mother plant, and 186.4 grams from the other 3 plants combined, so that's a fat 6.5 Oz. I hooked up the individual who provided the clones with an ounce from the mother plant, the rest is mine. It smells, tastes, and looks absolutely amazing, and has an intense Sativa high. Way better than anything else around. I'm extremely surprised at how well the bud turned out for my first time growing, learning everything as I went along. Anyway, here are some bud shots. Everything you see is from the 3 plants I raised from rooted clones. Mom is all gone. I got about 3 grams of hash oil from 2+ ounces of trimming. So good and so strong!! Kills everyone who's lucky enough to smoke it.

Note: These are half gallon mason jars. Total weight here is 186.4 grams

Edited by Pilze (05/02/12 09:56 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: Jack Herer & Sour Diesel - (Clones) [Re: Pilze]
    #330758 - 12/13/09 03:10 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Update

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#334528 - 12/21/09 02:04 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Update!!!!!

OfflineLivinSublime
OG New Jack
Male

#334540 - 12/21/09 02:52 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

How do you (will you) control the odor issue when it arrives or do you really have to worry about it?

--------------------
Ahh, Its Bootsy Baby.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: Jack Herer & Sour Diesel - (Clones) [Re: LivinSublime]
    #334543 - 12/21/09 03:03 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

well, the smell isnt too bad right now. it smells, but its not strong.

i plan on getting an inline and and carbon filter in the next week or 2, along with a 4" inline fan and the flange thing for the reflector to vent out the heat from the light, and the glass to seal it up.

should have everything i need running within 2 weeks. then ill start flowering in 3-4 weeks.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #334551 - 12/21/09 03:31 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Once you start flowering those two, they are gonna stink to high heaven!  Make sure you've got that filter in place and running full time.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: Jack Herer & Sour Diesel - (Clones) [Re: 81renaissance]
    #334560 - 12/21/09 03:47 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

smell is a definitely going to be an issue, as will electricity. i now have nothing turned on except things that need to be on. im hoping i dont go over what i did last month, cause i left everything on all the time to get my electricity bill higher, so now it will even out. i use only what i need and conserve as much as possible while that light is on.

the light fan will run only when the light is on, and the inline fan connected to the carbon filter will be on 24/7

Offlinetheman420

#335878 - 12/24/09 12:42 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

things look to being good in Pilze's garden lol!
well man yours look like they are kickin my ass the secondeay growth has just began and there still very small as before, them stems are much stonger now so im thinking they are going to get into gear soon.
transplanted and fimmed on the other im going to be leaving as is, it seems its lost its mutant trait on these next node sections and is looking more healty than ever!

--------------------
num,num,num.....mmmm......num,num,num

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: Jack Herer & Sour Diesel - (Clones) [Re: theman420]
    #335883 - 12/24/09 01:02 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

good shit man. those UFOs are pretty nice. theyre supposed to equal out to a 400 watt HPS (which is what i have now) so were about equal in the lighting department, somewhat.

i only have 2 out of the 4 bag seed plants left. i burned one too bad and tossed it. topped one last week, and topped the mutant today at the 4th set of branches, internode? idk what the technical term is.

i cut the bottom 3 branches off and the top part, so now it looks crazy. ill have some pics up later.

im picking up a 6" vortex inline fan on saturday and just setting that up to cool off the tent, and then ill get a carbon filter and hook that up. cant wait :smile: almost complete.

ill probably wait 2-4 weeks after today to start flowering... so by that point the clones will be huge, and the plants from seed will have sexed and be ready for flowering, or flushing down the toilet if theyre male...

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#336775 - 12/26/09 08:16 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

update

Offlinetheman420

#337322 - 12/27/09 11:28 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

the sour is looking good since last pic update and that big indica one is danky hope you get lots of females!
what type and how much was your grow tent? i think it would help optimize the light in my grow but i dont need all the cooling fans and filters(like the way flowering plants smell:rasta:) since its a LED, actually having a problem keeping heat up! was thinking about just getting some panda and stapling it to the shelves above and hanging it down over it all...very cheap grow tent method...

--------------------
num,num,num.....mmmm......num,num,num

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: Jack Herer & Sour Diesel - (Clones) [Re: theman420]
    #337326 - 12/27/09 11:38 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

2x4 sun hut grow tent = $200
400 watt sun system digital ballast (MH/HPS) = $180
Sun Leaves Aurora reflector = $40
Connector for Reflector/Ballast = $10
400 watt GE HPS bulb = $30
6" Vortex Inline Fan = $220
25' Ducting = $25

Total = $705

shit.... i didnt think i spend that much money on this setup. At least this is all stuff i can reuse....

BTW theyre all female except the 2 indicas. those are from my own bag seed. the rest are clones from friends, and theyre obviously female.

OfflineTomCollins

#337417 - 12/28/09 10:56 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Looking good man!

:thumbup:

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: Jack Herer & Sour Diesel - (Clones) [Re: TomCollins]
    #338053 - 12/29/09 09:21 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

upDATE

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#338433 - 01/01/10 10:17 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

update

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #338437 - 01/01/10 10:21 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

damn, those girls are gonna get biiiig on you.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#338445 - 01/01/10 10:25 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

yea. im curious to see whats going to happen. this is my first real grow...

i hope to god they dont stink too bad.... i need to get some more money for a carbon filter ASAP... lol

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #338471 - 01/01/10 11:33 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Yah, you'll most likely need it.  I picked up a can brand filter with a 4 inch port and flange for 60 bucks at the local shop.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: Jack Herer & Sour Diesel - (Clones) [Re: coda]
    #338480 - 01/01/10 12:33 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

the one im looking at is 190 bucks... the "can filter 66"

Exhaust: 412 CFM Scrub: 824 CFM

my inline fan is around 450 CFM, so that means i can pretty much run the fan full speed with the carbon filter attached and get the most out of it.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#341753 - 01/06/10 07:09 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

update

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder