Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #376978 - 03/02/10 02:43 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

I've grown plants up to 90 without too many issues :shrug:

gotta keep in mind that it's a tropical plant in many parts of the world

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #376984 - 03/02/10 02:47 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Wow! 90F! Thats crazy!

Was it just for a experiment or was it just your grow room gone out-of-control?

And you are right about the tropical plant, MJ grows like a weed (small pun intended) in Hawaii on the wet side on the island (Like Hilo and Puna) but not the desert. Not sure how hot it gets over there, but its likely in the mid 80F on a sunny day in Summer.

MJ is Tropical! Whoa!
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #376986 - 03/02/10 02:48 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

When I had some MJ plants growing outside it would get to ovee 100, and they seemed to be alright. They were even little like your plant.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #376988 - 03/02/10 02:50 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

and Hawai'i has very mild weather compared to many tropical places :smile: btw I'm extremely jealous that you grew up there, I've visited twice and it's one of the most beautiful places on the planet. Just being in that state for a week puts me in a good mood for months.

as for my 90f room.... I don't have central airconditioning in my house out here, so during the summer when it's 95 outside and my 600W HPS is running it can get very very hot. I'm scouting a good outdoor spot for this summer because I'm pretty sure I can't do that again this summer....

--------------------

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #376998 - 03/02/10 03:06 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Yeah, Hawaii is pretty sweet. Which island did you visit?

If it was the Big Island, you earn extra points because that's where I grew up. Did you know that most of the weed in Hawaii is grown on the Big Island? Its because it has the most land, so its the easiest to conceal in deep forests and jungles. My friend's uncle grows it right in his yard, but his house is like inside a lush forest, so its pretty tucked-in from everyone else. And you're right: Hawaii weather is quite mild to places like Mexico or Jamaica where it can get much hotter and drier, and weed is still grownt there.

An outdoor grow....nice! Inverted said that his favorite budz are outdoor ones (surprizing to me, I thought indoor hydro was the best). What do you think? Do you agree? Is there *that* big a difference?

- One more thing: is there such thing as outdoor hydro?

Outdoor Budz FTW?
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Edited by TrueHerbCrystal (03/02/10 03:07 PM)

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#377000 - 03/02/10 03:07 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

I've been to the big island twice. Its beautiful.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) [Re: Triptonic]
    #377003 - 03/02/10 03:12 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Really, thats awesome! :awesome::thumbup:

What side did you visit? Ever heard of Waikoloa? (that's where I grew up).

One of my favorite places in the world (thus far) is Hawaii National Park south of Hilo. Its like stepping into back in time to Jurrasic Park or something. Its so amazing there. I've taken San Pedro + weed trips there, and that Park is by far the best place to take that combo....its incredible, truely one of a kind. Not to mention the glowing-hot flowing lava I've seen: thats a trip in itself!

I'm F.B.I. = From Big Island :sunny:
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#377004 - 03/02/10 03:14 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

I dont know which side I was on. I've been to hapuna beach and Hilo. I think I was staying in Hilo actually, but it was a long time ago. I remember doing tons of shit there. To much to list haha. I caught my 131 lb tuna there.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#377009 - 03/02/10 03:28 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Oh yeah, Hapuna! (PS nice spelling!). That's the best beach on the island and my favorite. :heart::sunny::cool:

You likely stayed on the West side in Kona, because Hapuna's on the West Side. Of course, you could of done lots of road trips around the island, but Hilo to Hapuna is pretty far.

131lb tuna! :eek: Holy jesus! Tow line on a boat right? If you were spear-fishing, I think I might have a new hero....

Damn awesome Trip!

~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#377015 - 03/02/10 03:32 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Nah I wasnt spear fishing lol. That would be crazy.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #377399 - 03/02/10 09:26 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

I also don't think it's a pH issue either because as Harry said, It's not showing the trademark symptoms such as clawing and twisting of the upper leaves and leaves on the secondary branches.

But, having a test kit IS important nonetheless and I had better results once I started testing and adjusting... :thumbup:

We'll get it figured out, once you figure out your moisture levels and how to control them better (by lifting the pot when it's BONE dry, then soaked, and compare).  It's very easy once you find the so-called "parameters" of your medium.  Also, I would prefer keeping my soil dry rather than watering frequently.  I would only be watering that thing once when it was transplanted there, then waited at least 7 more days until the next watering which would be a light one.

I have since learned that starting seedlings in small containers (Solo Cups) is the best solution until they are 4-6 inches tall.  When you put them in a container any larger, they have a hard time sucking all that moisture out before the next watering because they don't have a large enough developed root system.  This leads to overwatering, and possible root rot.  They will never truly grow like they could (roots) because when they are put through drought-soak cycles every 4-5 days, it forces the roots to go hunting and expand their network.  If they are constantly soaked in your large container, they are not going to get those bursts of growth in search for moisture.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) [Re: Inverted]
    #377483 - 03/02/10 10:48 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Interesting....so you agree too it doesn't look like the pH is to blame. Hmmm...

I would of picked up a kit today, but I saw my plant a few hours ago and it looked so much healthier: it looks like the top canopy is growing a little bit every couple hours. Pretty cool stuff. So, since it seems like its healthier now, I got lazy and worked on other projects I'm trying to get done.

But on Wednesday, I'll drive over to Homey D and pick up a kit. Then we will see if the pH balance of my Fox Farm Ocean Forest is at the optimum range. Hopefully, it will provide some answers....

- Its interesting that you say that seedlings in containers larger than a 16oz. Dixie Cup do not grow well because the water moisture is so far spread. That could be the problem: inconsistent water uptake. That kinda explains why the top is doing the best: maybe the plant is allocating its resource (water) to key areas on the plant (like the new top canopy) and away from older leaves. Just a theory based on my "logic" and observations....

One question thou: dixie cups are tall and narrow: is that better for root growth than a container that is really wide and short? What are the benefits of roots growing downward and not outward? Would it be for better vertical support of the weight of the top of the canopy, like an anchor or a strong foundation?

All interesting stuff
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Beyond the wall of sleep
    #377516 - 03/02/10 11:16 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

TrueHerbCrystal said:

I'm F.B.I. = From Big Island~

no you ain't I am tho

--------------------

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) [Re: Inbred_gimp]
    #377526 - 03/02/10 11:23 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Is that so Gimp man.....

What town did you grow up in? What is "69"'s and where is it located? What is the most popular beer on the Big Island?

And what does waihine mean? Is "gimp" a Hawaiian slang term that is used by a few close friends?

The Tiny Big Island Test
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Edited by TrueHerbCrystal (03/02/10 11:23 PM)

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

#377528 - 03/02/10 11:27 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Biggest island In The world brother the land down under

--------------------

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) [Re: Inbred_gimp]
    #377530 - 03/02/10 11:36 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

I was hoping you were a friend of mine from the Big Island: his favorite word was "gimp". He used it all the time. And he loves the band SlipKnot, which your avatar reminds me of.

I think it stops being an island when the contiential U.S. can fit inside it.....

But you do bring up a good point: when does an island start being a contient? Kinda like Pluto: When does a planet become a drawft planet?

Well, you failed the Big Island test, but passed the "Thunder from down under" test.....:thumbup:

Fosters: They don't drink that sh*t!
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

#377533 - 03/02/10 11:45 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

An island can be a continant like aussie it just has to be completely surrounded by water

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #377627 - 03/03/10 08:12 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

planet earth is an island!!!

--------------------

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#377757 - 03/03/10 12:25 PM (14 years, 28 days ago)

...In the Infinite Ocean that is the Vacuum of Space!

:raveface:

Whoooaaa
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

P.S. Aren't all continents surrounding by water?

Edited by TrueHerbCrystal (03/03/10 12:32 PM)

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#377828 - 03/03/10 01:50 PM (14 years, 28 days ago)

I thought we were in an ocean of raspberry flavored cosmic fart gas?

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck