Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #376613 - 03/02/10 12:32 AM (14 years, 30 days ago)

*** Young Plant Status: Better? ***

Today's Date: March 1, 2010
Seed was planted on: Febuary 5
Day 24

^In the 2nd photo, you can see how the "death" is slowly creeping up the leaf. In photo #3, same thing on the other side of the plant. Photo #4 (last one), you can even the tip of the top canopy leaves are starting to brown.

I took Trips advice, and picked up the pot to see the weight of it. I found that it was light, so I weighed it on my scale. Its barely 1/2 pound, so can't use my bathroom scale for that. Then I had a good idea! I descided to check the bottom of the pot, since there is a hole there.

So, I took a Q-tip and scraped the bottom to take a "biopsy" of the soil (thansk House M.D.!).

So I felt the dirt: desert dry.

So I gave it a good soaking with the 2 dropper per gallon mix of Schlutz and then gave a spray on the soil with plain water, with a little on the leaves....

- Shortly after taking this photos, I cut those lower leaves off in a attempt to stop the dieing....but I didn't not cut the entire leaf off, just about 15% of just the shriveled tip ("that's what she said!" - you shut up!).

Seems like she's growing again, but those dying leaves are not making me happy....I guess I should buy some pH meters to find out whats really going on in there....

Goldi's Makin' a Come Back
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Edited by TrueHerbCrystal (03/02/10 12:42 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #376615 - 03/02/10 12:39 AM (14 years, 30 days ago)

Do you have a Ph tester?

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#376616 - 03/02/10 12:41 AM (14 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

TrueHerbCrystal said:
*** Young Plant Status: Better? ***

Today's Date: March 1, April 2010

:confused:

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) [Re: Triptonic]
    #376617 - 03/02/10 12:44 AM (14 years, 30 days ago)

My bad....I use a templete, copy and paste (to make it consistent) and just delete stuff for the correct Day, month, etc....but I forgot to delete April's month. Ooops!

As for a pH tester, no I don't have one: I'll buy one on Tuesday at Homey D. They are cheap right? And where do I look, the "pool" section?

Hmmm...Which Sector
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#376621 - 03/02/10 12:51 AM (14 years, 30 days ago)

Go to a hydro shop if you can, and then get a ph test kit by General Hydroponics. Its like 7 bucks for that and some Ph Up and down. I have a feeling that your Ph is way off. I'm thinking its probably way high. But you need to get a tester ASAP.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#376623 - 03/02/10 12:57 AM (14 years, 30 days ago)

What if my town has no hydro shop? Flower shop?

Would they have one at a plant nursery?

Any Alternatives?
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#376626 - 03/02/10 01:18 AM (14 years, 30 days ago)

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#376627 - 03/02/10 01:27 AM (14 years, 30 days ago)

I meant locally, ya big silly!

I'm not gunna pay for shipping if I can find a local alternative....there has to be other uses for pH meters than just cannabis cultivation...

There just has to be.

Ur Psuper Psilly
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#376628 - 03/02/10 01:31 AM (14 years, 30 days ago)

A pool one would work. You might be able to find Ph up and down there as well. Dont know though.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #376688 - 03/02/10 07:44 AM (14 years, 30 days ago)

Aaaaannnnndddd time for Harry to jump in again.

You want a soil pH test kit. just testing the pH of your solution will help but it's far from the only problem. If you have a home depot or a lowes near you they sell kits. You literally mix a small sample of your soil with an indicator powder and then add some of the fancy liquid they provide, and viola, soil pH tested.

you should also get some litmus paper or indicator drops to test the pH of your water and nutrient solution, but I think that's secondary to making sure your soil is okay.

all of that should be sold at any local hardware store :smile:

--------------------

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#376691 - 03/02/10 07:50 AM (14 years, 30 days ago)

I am really really sure the PH is not the cause of the leaf death and I am pretty positive if you do test you will find the PH is right between 6.5 and 7, a tad high but not high enough to start locking out nutrients. In my experience a high PH is accompanied by top leaves that turn into a claw and are narrower then normal. Those are anything but.

And you can find PH test kits at any good pet store, pool supply, farm and ranch supply, home depot, lowes... you get the idea. look for either a kit with vials or a probe tester, the probe is a bit more but works forever and I like to check a lot so thats what I got.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #376941 - 03/02/10 01:41 PM (14 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Aaaaannnnndddd time for Harry to jump in again.

all of that should be sold at any local hardware store :smile:

:awedance: Harry, That was Awwweeesssooommmee! I could totally imagine how that would sound if your voice sounded like mind (or a storm tropper?)

Your comment was a lot more helpful than TripTonics suggestion (sorry Trip, but tagline is a misleading joke, not good for new growers)....its good to know there's some local stores around me that sell them.

So is it called a "Soil pH tester"? So it would be in the Plant/Garden section of say Home D/Lowes right?

And you say get the powder and liquid dropper type, I'll write that down....

To pra3r0:

Good to hear you saying the same as Harry. That ups your crediable a couple points, definitely. And its interesting that you say the pH of the soil might not be the problem, because as youy said, in your experience, you don't get "nutrient lock-up" only on bottom leaves with the top leaves practically untouched and healthy (which is the case for me). And what is this leaf "Claw" thing you speak of? Is that like "bananing" or bending down towards the ground?

I like that probe tester: so its electronical? And it works in dry soil?

wait a minute! I just remembered! In my chemistry class a year ago, we did an experiment called "acid/base tritations", in which we used a digital pH meter to monitor the pH inside a solution. Do you think Home Depot/Lowes would have something like that? Maybe a department store or a local plant nursury?

Looks like I'm going to the good old Homey D today....I love that place: its like Home for me.

Digital or Powder pH meter: check!
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #376943 - 03/02/10 01:45 PM (14 years, 30 days ago)

Yep, the garden center at home depot should have kits for testing the pH of soil. Not sure exactly what form your local store will stock but if you ask an associate they can easily point you towards the right product.

I also think pH is an unlikely problem for your plant, but it certainly can't hurt to check eh?

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #376946 - 03/02/10 01:50 PM (14 years, 30 days ago)

I dunno, if he never checked his Ph, then I think it definatly could be a problem.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #376948 - 03/02/10 01:52 PM (14 years, 30 days ago)

but then don't you think his plant would show symptoms of pH issues? As it is now his plant doesn't show any symptoms that are typical of pH fluctuations

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#376951 - 03/02/10 01:59 PM (14 years, 30 days ago)

You guys were saying earlier that you dont know what is causing it. So I'm suggesting Ph, and ruling it out. That way you will know for sure its not that. And if it is, you can easily correct it.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#376953 - 03/02/10 02:03 PM (14 years, 30 days ago)

But what Harry is saying that my plant is not showing common symptoms of pH inbalance, so it *could* something else....

I'm arguing for bad/sensentive genetics: does anyone here know anyone who grew with CH8 seeds? Maybe they are not-so-realiable seed company?

Sounds like we got a House M.D. mystery...do you guys think I should post a thread in "Doctor's Diagnose" about whats going on?

Or is this it right here?
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Edited by TrueHerbCrystal (03/02/10 02:04 PM)

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#376954 - 03/02/10 02:06 PM (14 years, 30 days ago)

LOL I dont think its genetics. Get a Ph tester, I'm saying just because it doesnt look like the typical Ph problem doesnt mean its not. Plus you should be checking your Ph anyways.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #376972 - 03/02/10 02:33 PM (14 years, 30 days ago)

eh, everybody who would respond in DD is probably right here in this thread anyway so I think you're okay :shrug:

it definitely could be genetics though, some strains are notoriously sensitive to certain things like light, nutrients, temps etc. Unlikely but possible.

the thing that's weirding me out is just that none of your parameters are outside the norm. every cannabis plant in the world should be able to handle 79 degrees etc...

--------------------

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#376976 - 03/02/10 02:40 PM (14 years, 30 days ago)

I'm glad that's a possiblity, the genetics, but yeah, like you said, its likely *not* the case. Mostly likely my inexperience in growing, at least thats what I'm thinking could be the biggest factor...

And one thing I forgot to mention in my last journal update is that checked the AA batteries in my gauge: they were low at 1.2 volts each. Its not low enough to be a acurracy problem, but I replaced the batteries anyway with some 1.55 volt ones. Should be good for about a month, but this rate.

Also, if 79F is OK for plants, what is the range of heat stress? I thought 79F was kinda close to that range....

Borderline temps?
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale