Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDJ_avocado
myco-botanist
 User Gallery

Poo water
    #375345 - 02/28/10 04:36 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I don't like to throw stuff away that I can use.  I saved about 5gallons of poo water from some monotubs I was doing, and I'm wondering what the effect would be on plants.  I know it has to be nutritious somehow, but  have a feeling it is also very acidic or will burn a plant.  I've been using it in very small doses, so  guess my question is...

How long is poo water good for?

Can you nute burn a plant with it?

Check out my grow. PF/PESA/Malabar cubensis monotub

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Poo water [Re: DJ_avocado]
    #375525 - 02/28/10 07:14 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Sure you might burn your plant, but it really is going to depend on how concentrated the water is.  As far the the pH of it goes, why don't you just test it and then correct the pH with pH up or down??

As long as the water is stored in a cool dark area I would think that it could stay viable for a couple of months.  Just keep an eye on it and make sure that you don't see anything growing in it or any foul smells develop.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineDJ_avocado
myco-botanist
 User Gallery

Re: Poo water [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #376117 - 03/01/10 12:36 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks, I'll probably have to raise it with baking soda or something.  I used some today outside, might be able to get rid of it sooner than I thought...It smells fuckin DANK though.

WOW...never mind, vinegar.  The ph reading came out to 7.8

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #376717 - 03/02/10 08:42 AM (14 years, 30 days ago)

You should use your spent monotub.  Crumble the colonized substrate and use it in your soil mix: When you dig the hole for your plant to go into (when you're transplanting) put some of the colonized substrate in first, and then the plant goes in on top.  The mycelium will form a symbiotic relationship with your plant and help with nute delivery and disease control.

Also, that "poo water" can be used as a compost tea, but it needs to be bubbled to encourage aerobic bacterial growth because if its just sitting anaerobic bacteria (which are harmful to the plant) will form.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: Poo water [Re: 81renaissance]
    #376722 - 03/02/10 08:48 AM (14 years, 30 days ago)

great advise 81, if there's no fresh oxygen in there it will go foul quick provided a little light and warm temps.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

OfflineDJ_avocado
myco-botanist
 User Gallery

Re: Poo water [Re: pha3r0]
    #376758 - 03/02/10 10:51 AM (14 years, 30 days ago)

Cool, thanks people.

I've got it in a bucket with some holes drilled in the lid and a plate on top blocking the holes.  I didn't want any bugs to get inside.

Thanks R-81.  I will bubble it.:thumbup:

About adding a spent monotub to the soil though...

It seems that it would rot before composting.  Must I dig a hole or will a pot work?  Am I NOT trying to compost it?  I want to assume that watering is an issue for both the plant and fungi to survive...

It's just on one hand, I think lots of water will produce mushrooms, on the other, I think it will rot and hurt the plant.:shrug: 

I also heard about special relationships between certain plants and fungi.  Is their a good plant to go with for cubensis?  IDK cause I know they just grow on poop, but King Stropharia has a history of being grown with corn.  I would love to make a giant corn/mushroom patch, o

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #377299 - 03/02/10 07:18 PM (14 years, 30 days ago)

It doesn't need to rot, when you introduce the mycelium in the spent tub into a new environment, you give it a new food source so it will grow again...you want actual living mycelium joining up with your root system.  Then you just nurture your plant, ignore the myc, and let it do its thing.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck