Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #372278 - 02/24/10 08:10 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

TrueHerbCrystal said:
Interesting...:strokebeard:...I'm guessing its extracted from natural, because how could be liquid from natural sources? You can't just puree a dead fish and bottle it right?

I guess at the chemical level, it doesn't really matter if its organic or lab-made, as long as the Nitrogen-Phosphorous-Ketamine, I mean Potassium, are in the correct compound so that the plant can absorb it. Its all chemicals anyway.

Mmmm...Juicy
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

to answer your other question, the growth rate in hempy is considerably faster than in soil. I was stunned the first time I tried it!

Also, I would highly recommend staying away from Earth Juice. Some people use it with great success, but that's the only brand of nutrients that I've actually thrown away bottles that were 3/4 full because I hated it so much.  I would put money on the death of your plant if you try it for your first grow.

For GOOD liquid organic fertilizers check out these;

http://www.biocanna.com/
http://www.thebigtomato.com/catalog/technaflora-pura-vida-organics-grow--bloom.htm (I have a sample bottle of this, never used it but I've read great stuff)
http://www.generalhydroponics.com/blog/2009/06/22/general-organics/

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #372381 - 02/24/10 11:13 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Advanced Nutrients has a organic line of nutrients, that is what I use.

http://www.advancednutrients.com/landing_pages/mother_earth_super_tea_grow_landing.html

http://www.advancednutrients.com/landing_pages/mother_earth_super_tea_bloom_landing.html

AN is some good shit too :smile:

Im done with the whole organic/hydro thing, next nutes I am getting is either the Technaflora line with a 7 part solution or House & Garden which will probably be another 7-8 part solution but it all depends on how much money I have at the time.

Oh yeah THC keep in mind that some nutes are expensive but most of the times they are totally worth buying because they are awesome! The major difference in hydroponic fertilizers is that they contain the proper amounts of all the essential micro-nutrients which fertilizers intended for use with soil do not. Hydroponic fertilizers are usually in a more refined form with fewer impurities making them both more stable and soluble for better absorption.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #373114 - 02/24/10 11:25 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

The Leaves: They Work! And they smell Great!

But first, a plant health update....

*** Young Plant Status: Better than Before ***

Today's Date: Febuary 24, 2010 (Wednesday)
Seed Planting Date: Febuary 5, 2010

Day 19

^As you can see, my baby girl is doing a lot better after that feeding: yellowing stopped completely, the leaves are starting to untaco, and the top canopy are greener than ever. I love that top canopy now: looks like a miniture psychedelic palm-tree that went thru a drought...Pretty :awesome::thumbup:. If you also notice, I have clipped off the yellowing parts of the leaf: they looked pretty dead and "unrevivable", so I cut them near the green/yellow line with sharp scissors.

I was just going to throw them away in the trash, and then I remembered that this was a cannabis plant, and the leaves are active. I had a suspection they were active after looking zooming-in on some of my leaf macro shots, which showed tiny white crystals on the surface of the leaf, Herbal Crystals if you will. So, I trimmed off the green parts of the dead leaves and got this little collection.

^The Smell: First thing I did after harvesting the leaves was put them in a pile on my hand, and gave it a nice "sniff" test. The smell was sweet, pleasant, and smelt similar to a guava that had fallen from its Mother tree and ripen on the ground under the hot, summer sun. Growing up on Hawaii, I saw A LOT of fallen guava's on the ground during the summer, so many that they would cover the ground with their pink insides. After smelling these leaves, it brought back vivid memories of walking down the street of my hometown of Waikoloa in the summer with guava fruit littered all the ground, with that pungant, sweet smell of tropical fruit. I was so happy that my plant brought back such fine memories of my life in Hawaii: I'm soooo glad I picked these seeds: I couldn't have choosen a better plant for me, for I think about Hawaii almost everyday.....Thanks CH8 for the excellent bredding! You guys really made my day today! I can't wait to smell the bud! Will it smell like one of my favorite aromatic weed type, "Hawaiian Guava"? I hope so....

The Toke Test: So, after the smell test, I went ahead and packed a small bowl of my homegrown leaves....wow! First off, the hit was harsh! I thought I could take it all, but I was wrong. The taste was not like the guava sadly, it was more like salvia or that fake weed stuff you buy at head shops. Pretty nasty, but not the worst thing I've smoked. Almost instantly, I felt kinda "stoned". Not heavy stoned, like a light, uplifting semi-stoned. It was quite different than any bud I used before, and it felt great! I was amazed on how powerful these leaves were, which are essential shakes. I should note that my tolerance is really low: the last time I smoked was about 2 weeks ago, and that time I only used about 0.05 grams (very little). This made me look forward to my completed "flowers".....

Actually, this makes me want to take a clone from a branch, around say March 7, plant it, root it for 1 week, then flower for 5 weeks (out of the recomended 7 weeks) and make it my mini "4-20" plant. With this crazy potency is just a few leaves, I can't imagine how powerful immature buds would be....And that way, while the mother is growing bigger, I can celebrate by smoking my youngest daughter....Hopefully, in 1.5 weeks, my plant will have big enough stems to make a clone of. I wonder what the minimal lenght is, because right now, I already see 2 short stems that look like that could be cloned (carefully), but I'm pretty sure its too early for that.

>>> Stealthing Finally Fixed! <<<

^Well, taking Dephect's advice, I finally descided the tape sucks for hanging fabric, and went for the "hole-in-the-wall" approach. I recalled that I owned some push pins, but I didn't know where they were. After about an hour, I found them, and hung up the thick blanket again. It works so good! It actually works so well, that the other side with the green blanket is starting to show some light coming from outside, but *very* little. Excellent! I'm going to have to get more pins for the other side....

Overall, I'm very pleased with the potency of the leaves and finally doing my stealthing right. On March 7, I will be planning on doing a clone of one of the branches, then growing out the roots for at least a week, then puting it into flower-mode. Hopefully, I'll get at least 1/2 grams worth for 4-20. We'll just have to see....

A Good Day for da Guava Girl :vaped::leaf:
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

OfflineDRAGON
Doors of Perception
Male

Loc: Somewhere in the Universe
Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #373200 - 02/25/10 07:30 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Great job so far man, keep it up!:thumbup:

--------------------
"I know that I know nothing"

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) [Re: DRAGON]
    #373206 - 02/25/10 07:43 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

For clones you will want 3 or 4 nodes above your cut, they can be really short you just want a tip with nice bright green new growth.

As for the idea of making one ready for 4:20 I don't think it would turn out well. 1week is about the minimum for a clone to start it's new root system. It can take a month for them to start actually growing above ground much. Flowering before that is sure to yield a very tiny crop, very.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

OfflineShroomieGirl
Fear and Loathing
 User Gallery

Loc: TX
    #373350 - 02/25/10 12:50 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

awesome :thumbup:... glad shes doing okay now. im pretty useless when it comes to diagnosing food issues/deficiencies, plus its been a while since ive grown so im rusty, so sorry i wasnt much help
good luck with the clones

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #373354 - 02/25/10 12:57 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Looking GREAT now. I can't wait to see it in a week, I'm sure it'll be a gorgeous herbal tree.

and I agree about guava :drooling:  A rare treat for me up in the mountains... you were truly spoiled to grow up in it's native habitat

--------------------

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#374127 - 02/26/10 02:51 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I'm afraid she's made a horrible turn and she's not looking so gorgeous....

*** Young Plant Update: She's having a Near Death Experience (Again!) ***

Today's Date: Febuary 26, 2010 (Friday) (2.26 on my LCD meter)
Seed Planting Date: Febuary 5, 2010
Day 21

^First it was the yellowing and taco, now its green bananas! WTF! I got a name for her now: Goldilocks on Chemo. I thought this would be the perfect for name for her because she has to have it *just right*, and she seems to be always sick, like a girl with cancer on chemo. If she dies, I think I'll have to look for another hobby, but this just ain't working.

>> I have one theory for why's she's dying. thou: When I fed her the Shultz chemical food, I used TAP water to dilute the solution. Previous to that, I was watering her (without any food) with bottle water, from a 2.5 gallon jug.

>> Second theory: food poisioning? Too much food maybe. Over-feeding I know could be bad, especially if the nutrients are changing the pH of the soil.

>> Thrid Theory: too much FAE? I have 2 fans, one 12" and one 80mm PC fan blowing on it constantly, maybe that's bad for it. Or maybe its blowing all the CO2 away....I just don't know.

>>> Forth Theory: I would say she's over-watered, since from my research from this thread with Triptronic's plant (how ironic for Triptronic).

Inverted said this important comment:

"It indeed looks like a case of waterlogged soil (overwater) and a lack of nutes."

^So I figured that must be it, but the thing is, I haven't watered her for 2 days. I sparyed a little on the leaves to keep her cool, but I haven't soaked the soil in at least 2 days (now its time to review my own journal entries). Maybe that was it, I gave her too much water at one time, which is confusing because Harry said water every couple days, NOT a little frequently. If you check the soil in the photos, its really dry. I actually dug like an inch into the ground to feel the wetness: completely DRY, like desert sand dry....

I just don't get it. This cultivation stuff is way to complicated for me. Maybe its the strain, maybe its me. Whatever the reason, it hard to watch my girl suffer like this because of my so-called "care". Its almost too much to bare....

What should I do? Is my girl doomed to a soil burial? Is this it?

A very sad week for Goldilocks :sad:
~ TrueHerbCystal ~

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
    #374129 - 02/26/10 02:58 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

It was droopy from being over watered, but it was a lack of nutes that caused it to die. Yours doesnt look like the same problem. It looks like the yellowing is only on the bottom leaves, and the top leaves are almost too dark green.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) [Re: Triptonic]
    #374150 - 02/26/10 03:30 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Now it's wilting because it's dry... :facepalm:

That's why I don't use clay pots, they wick all of the moisture out of your soil.  It was looking overwatered before, but now it's looking underwatered.

You have too many fans blowing on that lady.  You should only need one that oscillates to circulate the air around since you seem to have an open grow space.  Constant breeze like that could lower the RH too much.

Edit:  I'm not 100% on my diagnosis just to let you know, it just looks like that to me.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) [Re: Inverted]
    #374153 - 02/26/10 03:34 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Roger. This time its bottled water (just to be safe).

I'm going to just feed her water, without the nutrients, because like Triptronic said, the top leaves *do* look a little too green, which is a sign of toxicity.

What do you think? Has she gotten too much food?

~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#374156 - 02/26/10 03:37 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Are the top leaves crispy?

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) [Re: Triptonic]
    #374158 - 02/26/10 03:39 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

No, not at all. The top canopy feels like soft, flexible felt. The leaves are moist up there.

~ TrHrCr ~

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#374162 - 02/26/10 03:47 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Beyond the wall of sleep
    #374183 - 02/26/10 04:40 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Less air circulation less food more water your rate of transpiration is too high for ur water intake, pretty much she is evaporating more water from her leaves than she can with the amount she's taking up from the roots, make sure your fans not pointed directly on that little lady

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) [Re: Inbred_gimp]
    #374188 - 02/26/10 04:47 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Inbred_gimp said:
Less air circulation less food more water your rate of transpiration is too high for ur water intake, pretty much she is evaporating more water from her leaves than she can with the amount she's taking up from the roots, make sure your fans not pointed directly on that little lady

That's basically what I was getting at, thank you for elaborating! :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) [Re: Inverted]
    #374191 - 02/26/10 04:49 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Although I think she is fine on the feeding levels.  That was the first time he has given her food, and unless he ran a ton of water through the soil I really don't think he overfed with the recipe I gave him, because that was only 4 droppers and I have given them 7-8 with no burns.

--------------------

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) [Re: Inbred_gimp]
    #374192 - 02/26/10 04:49 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks Inbred.

I put the 12" fan on rotate-mode: before it was directly pointed at her, not moving, blowing all the time. Its weird that NOW its an issue when before it didn't make a difference.

Also, I turned down the voltage on the PC fan: its on "Low-blow" now. I leave it on because of heat: my bulbs put the area at 80F+ without the PC fan on.
I guess the stem-strength will have to wait as she gets more water in her leaves and lives for another day. Living is better than muscle right?

Also, I watered with straight bottle water, no liquid food. Hopefully that does some good.

There's Hope for Goldilocks
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

#374223 - 02/26/10 06:06 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I'm far from an expert, but here goes my opinion..

I think she's a bit overfed... I think I see a little burning, she's a little too green, and too much N can cause leaves to curl under like that, though some of it is underwatering.

Also I see some salts on your pot, which could just kinda be the way those clay pots are, but I'd still probably suggest a flush...  I'm a noob though too, so my comments should be taken with a grain of salt

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Beyond the wall of sleep
Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) [Re: DudeTron]
    #374275 - 02/26/10 07:02 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

like inverted said , if there was any nute burn at all it is very minor and not your primary concern  Just get on your irrigation and air circulation and you should be fine

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale