Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #366318 - 02/17/10 04:41 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Looking very nice, you're what 22-23 days into veg now?

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: coda]
    #366477 - 02/17/10 05:31 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah this is day 23 of veg under 120w LED.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #366816 - 02/17/10 08:18 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

well, i was gonna post up a pic of my LA Conf x Skunk, but it looks like the only picture I have in your time frame is from when they were topped around day 29 lol.

--------------------

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #367269 - 02/18/10 11:48 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

A few plants were showing signs of cal/mag deficiency this morning. I know this is a common deficiency when growing in coco, but its the first time I'm seeing it. I plan on feeding a double dose of calmag+ and cannazym + rhizo while backing off on A+B nutes, about 700ppm total with 300 coming from the calmag.

Quote:

coda said:
well, i was gonna post up a pic of my LA Conf x Skunk, but it looks like the only picture I have in your time frame is from when they were topped around day 29 lol.

Doh, well I'm probably going to leave mine un-topped and seeded, so they probably won't look like relatives anyways :smile:

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #368095 - 02/19/10 11:25 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I clipped the two lowest nodes on each plant today, they are about to explode with new growth and I want it to be vertical.

The 8 chosen ones (day 25 veg):

The 6 outcasts (7< days flowering):
I might have made a mistake with the LA Conf on the bottom right, if it turns out to be a male I will save the pollen.

--------------------
|

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (02/19/10 11:31 AM)

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #369382 - 02/21/10 02:16 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

They are looking much healthier after the calmag feeding:

I'm going to transplant them to 3-gallon pots this week and will begin flowering as soon as my last G13 Haze crop finishes:

--------------------
|

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #369430 - 02/21/10 03:14 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Awesome pictures.  I like the tent shot.  Very clean and organized.

I just germinated a few of the G13 Haze x Mango's.  They were very vigorous and quick to get out of the seed shell.  I'm stoked to see what happens with that cross.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: Inverted]
    #369571 - 02/21/10 05:12 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
Awesome pictures.  I like the tent shot.  Very clean and organized.

Thanks bro. That greenhouse frame + 55w led is working out really nicely, I want to surround the 600w with them stadium style for maximum efficiency. I waste so much HPS light right now off on the sides its not even funny, but I'm trying to be better.

Quote:

Inverted said:
I just germinated a few of the G13 Haze x Mango's.  They were very vigorous and quick to get out of the seed shell.  I'm stoked to see what happens with that cross.

Nice! Can't wait to see those grow up.

--------------------
|

Offlinedutc2006
Grow or Die

Folding@home Statistics
    #370216 - 02/22/10 02:27 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Those are looking spot on I'm digging it.  You can start to see nuances of differences in leaf shape and whatnot now.  Eager to see what you will have in a couple weeks.  I will stay tuned in.

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: dutc2006]
    #370235 - 02/22/10 04:58 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Them new ones are looking mighty fine if you ask me. Can't wait to see this progress.

Thank You for the advice in my other thread. I think that just might be the answer that I was looking for.

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #373536 - 02/25/10 06:18 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Picture update. It has been an interesting few days...

The Sleestack x Skunk has way more sativa in it than I realized. What I first thought was ca/mg deficiency was actually N toxicity and I should have caught that earlier looking back at pictures. I'll have to feed them @ 50% for a while and always on a separate nute regimen from the other strains.

I've also developed a shitload of algae on my 1" perlite layer. I know its not doing any harm but I'm perplexed as to how it happened...I'm fucking OCD when it comes to keeping trays dry, never over-watering, etc. First and last experiment topping pots with perlite, man.

I put another Kushberry and OG #18 into flowering, so the mom/dad pool is now down to 6:

I should be able to sex most of these soon:

--------------------
|

Offlinethe man

#373803 - 02/25/10 11:04 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

add a few drops of Peroxide to your water. might help with the algae :smile:

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: the man]
    #374003 - 02/26/10 09:42 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

the man said:
add a few drops of Peroxide to your water. might help with the algae :smile:

I would if I was in a proper hydro setup and had algae in the res, but this stuff will be gone in a couple days when I transplant. It just annoys me really. Also since peroxide doesn't discriminate, it kills the beneficial as well as the harmful micro-organisms. I pay too much for my rhizo to do that right now :smile:

Hydrogen peroxide also *causes* cancer when added to cigarettes, another reason I keep it away from my crop. I'm not lying: http://www.physorg.com/news123408747.html

--------------------
|

Offlinethe man

#374626 - 02/27/10 01:25 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

hmm interesting!

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New Grow w/ 5 Strains [Re: the man]
    #374640 - 02/27/10 02:11 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Updated pics.

Top Left: OG #18 x Skunk
Bottom Left: LA Confidential x Skunk
Top Middle: Kushberry x Skunk
Bottom Middle: Kushberry x Skunk
Top Right: Sleestack x Skunk
Bottom Right: Sleestack x Skunk

I'm using a single 120w LED kept 20-22 inches above the canopy. It took me a long time to find this LED's sweet spot, and I really had to abandon CFL/HID best practices to do it. Conventional wisdom would tell you to hang LEDs as close to the canopy as possible, which is fucking close since they generate very little heat, but 20" keeps tighter internodes and just plain outgrows 2". It must have something to do with LEDs bulbs being so directional + the different color spectrums needing space to meld or something.

--------------------
|

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (02/27/10 02:15 PM)

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #374702 - 02/27/10 04:21 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Looking good man.  I've noticed that the LA's can take it pretty heavy, and after the last dose of nutes I've given to the KB's, I'm pretty sure they can handle a good amount of food as well.  Can't wait to see the flowering results :smile:

--------------------

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #374779 - 02/27/10 06:13 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Looking good man.  I've noticed that the LA's can take it pretty heavy, and after the last dose of nutes I've given to the KB's, I'm pretty sure they can handle a good amount of food as well.  Can't wait to see the flowering results :smile:

Thanks. Yours are looking great too, don't know if I posted in your thread lately but I've been following and saw the new pics today.

I've noticed the same thing with the KB, but wasn't sure about the LA so thanks that is a big help. Don't know if you saw my note about Sleestack but that is very nute sensitive, even for a sativa dom.

I fed a mild 300ppm A/B + rhizo + double dose of cannazym after potting up today. Going to re-pot the Sleestack tomorrow and top them all off with more hydroton (I ran out).

--------------------
|

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #374810 - 02/27/10 07:21 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the tip about the sleestack's.  That's the strain I'll be growing next so I'll be keeping that in mind.

--------------------

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #376740 - 03/02/10 09:35 AM (14 years, 30 days ago)

I made some changes to my flowering tent this weekend. I always check out the storage racks at home depot and this time they had a new model that immediately caught my eye. Like I was saying last week I want to do a tiered stadium style layout but the $20 greenhouse frames were not going to cut it. If you've read my previous grows you know my tent frame sags pretty badly. Well there was a 3" gap between the top of this new storage rack and the top of my tent, so I wedged some bricks of coir in there and the tent is totally stable again. I was also able to get my carbon filter off the ground (I hated that) and eliminate two bends in the ducting, a major odor/ventilation improvement.

The layout still needs some tweaking and I need a couple more shelves, but it should be a badass tent when its done.

Right: G13 Haze on right
Front Left: Various x Skunk outcasts
Back Left: Early Jalapenos & Banana Peppers

--------------------
|

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #377471 - 03/02/10 10:34 PM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Pics always turn out shitty when the lamp is on but I keep on taking them and keep on posting them, it must be the wake and bakes. Here is a proper pic:

So out of the 8 skunk plants on the left that didn't meet my breeding criteria, 7 are confirmed females, haha. I've trimmed 4-5 nodes off the bottom of each since I want some big sog colas and plan to flower in the small pots.

And I know its a skunk grow so I apologize in advance for the wide angle shots, but those are my last G13 Haze plants ever and I feel like showing them off :smile:

More shots of the veg plants tomorrow.

--------------------
|

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds