Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
RasJephs First (serious) Grow! Guilt Update with new pics (jewelers loupe)
    #367390 - 02/18/10 03:07 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

So, I'm assuming a bunch of you know my story from the other threads you've been helping me in, but heres whats up for those of you who missed those :sun:

Due to recent changes in my life, I have a newfound "fuck it" outlook. I used to have a handful of responsibilities and things I cared about too much to grow. Now its all gone, and I'm willing to risk going to prison  (not that I want to, but now I'm the only person I'm responsible for, so I'm ready to go!)

Anyways. I plan on starting only a few seeds at a time - my lighting and space are limited for the time being (future grows might get my whole closet, but I wanna get some experience before I go nuts).

I've got some seeds coming in the mail from a generous donation :wink::thumbup:

I have purchased a bag of Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil, as well as the liquid Fox Farm soil nutrients trio. I'm also waiting on them to arrive.

I plan on vegging under CFL's until the plants are the size I like them, and then switching to my 150w HPS for flowering (prolly with a few  CFLs on the sides.)

I'm going to start the seeds off in your common 16 oz party cup, and then move them to a slightly bigger container after two weeks, when I will be introducing them to the FF Ocean Forest soil. I'm not sure what I'll start them in...coir is all I have on hand, so if thats not a no-no, I'll do that.

Things I need to pickup (mostly a reminder for me)

1. Wall timer
2. Bigger pots
3. One more power strip
4. Perilite to mix with the soil
5. PH test strips

Anyway, I started my log today, because I began the first stages of getting it ready. I painted my cabinet (which I have been using for my cacti for the past few months).

I've gotta say - WOW! The white paint REALLY, REALLY made a difference! I can already tell its like 10x brighter in there!

BTW, in the middle, I have an option to have a shelf in there. I think I'll go with that until the plants are too tall :] Less light lost in a big area. Strangely enough, the middle section that you see (the bar that goes across) was already painted white...makes me wonder what grandpa used to use this for before he gave it to me :lol: We'll never know.

Edit: Sorry for the cellphone quality...I'm charging my camera now. I always forget  :doh:

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Edited by RasJeph (04/28/10 07:20 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: RasJephs First (serious) Grow! [Re: RasJeph]
    #367421 - 02/18/10 03:42 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

looks like a good spot. if you can try and suspend the lights instead of moving the plants up or down, I found it much easier and you can always have the lights right in the sweet spot.

that shelf though could end up being replaced with a screen for a scrog grow if you want to play with that. I would definitely recommend using LST in an area like that your yields will be better and you have lots of control on how tall you let em get. plus it's lots of fun to play with your hobby instead of just watching.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

Invisiblejwes420
Support Legalization!
 User Gallery

Loc: NE Great Lake Region
Re: RasJephs First (serious) Grow! [Re: pha3r0]
    #367437 - 02/18/10 04:05 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Looks like a killer spot for a scrog! Let us know.

--------------------

.........."And You Will Come to Find, that WE are ALL, ONE MIND.....
.....Capable of ALL that's IMAGINED, and ALL That's CONCIEVABLE.....

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: RasJephs First (serious) Grow! [Re: jwes420]
    #367445 - 02/18/10 04:24 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not really ready for trying scrog. I have a friend who has a few grows under his belt...and hes real good with stuff like that. Hes away at school until the summer time, but I'm sure when he comes home he'd be willing to help me with that! So, next time :wink:

Also - I have power strips, which I plug my CFLs into directly. I have nails every 4-5 inches up both sides and the back to mount the power strips on. I can adjust  them as I need to :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#367448 - 02/18/10 04:29 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

perfect. dont be intimidated by the scrog it's really easy to install (assuming your proficient with tools) and from what i hear even easier to use.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

Invisiblejwes420
Support Legalization!
 User Gallery

Loc: NE Great Lake Region
    #367738 - 02/18/10 09:10 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

YOu can also try try a more simple LST.

Just pull it over from the bottom side, instead of a screen pushing it from the top.

This on was split at a few veg weeks, and I pulled this split-horn look at flower wk-1.
These Bk's are gonna bud nice!:ganja:

--------------------

.........."And You Will Come to Find, that WE are ALL, ONE MIND.....
.....Capable of ALL that's IMAGINED, and ALL That's CONCIEVABLE.....

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
    #367764 - 02/18/10 09:18 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Good luck man!!

Quote:

jwes420 said:

This on was split at a few veg weeks, and I pulled this split-horn look at flower wk-1.

Nice lst!!!  i like it.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: RasJephs First (serious) Grow! [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #367819 - 02/18/10 09:40 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
Good luck man!!

Quote:

jwes420 said:

Nice lst!!!  i like it.

Nice plant period. I did my LST a lot closer to the ground just cause I had no clue on how high it would want to get. But letting it get taller seems to have allowed you much easier clean up and training

These are two different plants but you can get the idea RasJeph.

training like this distributes the growth hormones so each side branch starts to go up instead and becomes a cola of it's own. today the small one has 3 spikes shooting up and many more on their way.

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

#368022 - 02/19/10 04:54 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

So...I just bend it over, and tie it down?

--------------------

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#368052 - 02/19/10 10:04 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

yeah thats the basics heh, not rocket science but the results sure seem like it.

what your goal is is to get all the side branches growing up instead of the main tip. once that happens you give it one two more adjustments to get all the tips at an equal height (or use a Scrog) which makes the best use of your lighting.

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

#368115 - 02/19/10 12:21 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Woop! Got my soil in the mail today...mom gave me a "you growing fucking chronic?" question as soon as she saw it...said yeah...she said "Haha, I hated that damn skunk smell before. Let me know when you start to get some buds, so I know to buy some damn air fresheners". :lol:

I was gonna tell her, but she figured it out on her own and doesn't care. Sweet! :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
    #368125 - 02/19/10 01:08 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

RasJeph said:
Woop! Got my soil in the mail today...mom gave me a "you growing fucking chronic?" question as soon as she saw it...said yeah...she said "Haha, I hated that damn skunk smell before. Let me know when you start to get some buds, so I know to buy some damn air fresheners". :lol:

I was gonna tell her, but she figured it out on her own and doesn't care. Sweet! :thumbup:

Consider yourself lucky.  I went home for christmas and I sat down in my moms car after getting there (and showering and changing) and she says to me, "ARE YOU SMOKING POT AGAIN!!!?!?!"  in the most hateful tone you can imagine.  she says she could smell it.  I should have just went off on her hypocritical ass.  but w/e.  she's my ma.  She'll never know about my pot involvement as far as im concerned.  there's no turning her mind to be open.  so i dont bother.  and she wonders why i live a thousand miles away.  :lol:

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

#368162 - 02/19/10 02:07 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:Consider yourself lucky.

She used to be nuts about it, but I'm almost 20 years old and I believe I have proven myself responsible enough with it.

She knows its not when I'm smoking she comes  home and finds all the doors and walls broken from a rampage lmfao. She used to ask me to drink instead, but I have alcoholics in my immediate family, and she sees its much better for me to toke, so yeah, I'm pretty lucky :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #368171 - 02/19/10 02:30 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
Quote:

RasJeph said:

Consider yourself lucky.  I went home for christmas and I sat down in my moms car after getting there (and showering and changing) and she says to me, "ARE YOU SMOKING POT AGAIN!!!?!?!"  in the most hateful tone you can imagine.  she says she could smell it.  I should have just went off on her hypocritical ass.  but w/e.  she's my ma.  She'll never know about my pot involvement as far as im concerned.  there's no turning her mind to be open.  so i dont bother.  and she wonders why i live a thousand miles away.  :lol:

My Dad and I were the same. One two subjects we Never talked about.

RasJeph looks like your getting it together.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: RasJephs First (serious) Grow! [Re: KaptKid]
    #368473 - 02/20/10 08:38 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Well grats on the OK from mommy dearest. I just told my parents last year the extent of what I have done and they did not trip but they were disappointed. my dad and I can talk about MJ reform and such now though without it being weird. they like your mom furrowed will never be for our cause. it is a moot point since they are hardcore mormon.

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

#368499 - 02/20/10 09:52 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

:yesnod::thumbup:

Its all here. Germing 5 seeds right now...hoping for 3. If I get all 5...I guess I could figure out something to do with them...I can't just off them :lol:

A few more changes to my cabinet today, and as soon as these seeds pop, its right into some coir!

Update when the seeds get outta the dirt :]

Edit: Pokemon curtains, penguin sheets...ugh. My girlfriend may have moved out, but her attempts to cute-sify my room didn't. :mad2:

--------------------

Edited by RasJeph (02/20/10 09:53 AM)

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#368611 - 02/20/10 12:07 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Right on I got my happy frog today and mixed up a batch to repot the clones I will be flowering next, now I just need pots! Should be updating my log later tonight with pics and all

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

#368728 - 02/20/10 02:36 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I got a burst of inspiration today, and converted my fucking closet lmfao.

My homie helped me make it...the bottom is my beer pong table, sawed off a little lol.

The bottles in the back are the quarts of FF nutes, for an idea of the size.

I started germing a few more seeds...since I expanded my space :yesnod:

I'll have to get some more lighting...but now I can cut some clones and have a mother too. I won't utilize this whole space at all...for now :wink:

--------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #369072 - 02/20/10 10:25 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

What size space is that?

Looks good.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

#371447 - 02/23/10 01:07 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

3 of 5 AK x Diesel seeds popped! :borat:

Waiting on the troublemaker x widow.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck