Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSam.Cee916
Amateur Tiger Expert
Male User Gallery

Loc: California Flag
Finished: First Indoor Hempy Grow, Dj, Shorts Blueberry clones Start:6/24/13
    #684651 - 09/09/13 12:53 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

It is June 24 2013, I am keeping/posting my first grow journal. Ive grown outside for years(NorCal) with the amounts of meds i need aren't always as easy to lockdown unless its Croptober, this being a main reason for a small indoor grow(everything that i sew/harvest is personal, and legal where i live, and one must posses a Docs rec. I am new to indoor grows, having never tried a single one yet. For my first indoor grow i will be using a TEK i found online called "Hempy". This is a somewhat modified Hydro-Style grow, since the growing medium is soilless the nutes will be delivered by watering only. Hempy refers to using your pot/container without any drainage wholes, and instead cut or drill a 1/2" whole between 11/2-2" above the bottom. This acts as a res for your nute/water mix, and it also acts as an overwatering drain. Know usually this method is used with a 50/50 mix of vermeculite, and perlite. The way i am, i decided to use a natural organic soilless medium. This was made by a company called Dr. Earth. The coolest thing i thought of the brand was awesome made 20 miles away, local! Being Soilless i opted for it, peat moss, perlite, crushed oyster hells, lime, mycorrizhae, worm castings and other goodies. I also grabbed the Dr. Earth Gro Big Liquid Fert at 7-2-2 and made os all natural things, along with probioutics and the local thing had me! The next week i bought the Golden Bloom and another bag. I took my clones myself from my outdoor females, it was my first attempt nd i rooted 4/6. i followed The Bible Procedure, used MG super root, jiffy pellets made domes and used little cfl light. That is today. i lso had a seed sprout roughly 5 days ago, and the other yesterday. all peat pellets. Theyll be transplanted into Dr. Earth when ready. They will go in a 2 ft cubed area with this light i made of pvc, and CFLs. There are 12 sockets, i plan on running all with 26 watt 5500 K CFLs until flowering where ill switch to mostly 2700K CFLs 1 42 watt, 2 32 watt, 8 20 watt, 4 of the 5500s and a few 13  watt 2700s. I will be running about 260 watts. I will also add side, and bottom lighting then as well. I ligned the space with Mylar, now lets see how they go! Some background: I have had 4 excellent outdoor Med seasons, and before my own personal gardens; I "apprenticed" for 4 seasons. Working/doing/learning all that was made available to me. I went from digging wholes, making grow medium/soil,  to tight trims and not missing any steps in the middle. I have both harvested from seed and clones. I tend to read/learn as much as I can to this day. However I have yet, until now attempted any type of indoor grow. I'm going to be doing a small op roughly 2'x2'x2' I've already constructed my light receptacle, it is made of 1&1/4" PVC as my skeleton as well as outlets. AAfter thorough research on indoor, and CFL grows I decided I was going all in for reals, no just for fun( all though it is much fun!) I modified a CFL TEK I saw on a cannabis forum. It's 2'x2' rectangle/square with a total of 12 outlets for my CFLs, I have plenty of CFLs in both kelvin spectrums, I have 8, 26w 5500k, 8, 23w 2700k 1of each color in a 42w 2700k& 1 5500k. More than enough for sure. The lights are also adjustable, which rules, a quick lift or drop to any of them is beyond easy. My closet walls are covered in Mylar and I recycled an old commercial plastic reflector that I painted black outside, and flat white on reflective side. All I need are some clones, I have all I need to take my own cuttings, just haven't attempted yet. I have 2 seeds I germinated for shits n giggles n they took, still I want clone! Considering all my potential mothers are cuttings from the same mother which is GDP, I would believe most would agree that it would be super suitable for my indoor grow. My total lumens put out is around 20,000. Well I just need my cuttings, maybe a couple little things and we are off! Ill post some pics up until now!.'

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSam.Cee916
Amateur Tiger Expert
Male User Gallery

1st ever personal clone attempt, cutting date 6/24 [Re: Sam.Cee916]
    #684653 - 09/09/13 12:54 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Today 6/24/13 I took my first cuttings ever. I took 6 from Dj Shorts Blueberry Mothers. The mothers planted outdoors; are healthy, lush, and full of perfect candidates. I will be surprised, and juiced if any root! Lets keep it Rollin more pics soon! I followed Cervantes TEK in the bible, with MG FastRoot Powder. Ill feel successful if only 1 roots. Here goes TLC!

OfflineSam.Cee916
Amateur Tiger Expert
Male User Gallery

Cuttings coming along, also 2seedlings have BN added. [Re: Sam.Cee916]
    #684665 - 09/09/13 02:38 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Okay! Today is July 3rd, 2013, I took actually 6 cuttings, it's been 9 days since I did, they are looking good, tho 1or2 look as if they are struggling. I left the domes off too long and those to went limp while the others didn't. I domed em and tried ASAP, but I don't think it's gonna happen.. 4 of the 6 are doing good! I haven't seen roots yet, but the clones can stay good now with out a humidity dome, and no drooping. The older leaves are yellowing, basically everything is so far good! I can't remember the brand of rooting hormone I used, it was powder, I used jiffy pellets as the medium for both clones, and my seedlings. I have 2 beautiful seedlings, they are from a bag of the same Dj Shorts BlueberryI have clones of. LST has done wonders with the outdoor girls, so I am for sure using that technique inside! I'm going to construct a small home made "lamp" for side light/lower lighting. I can't wait to transplant my babies! I'm still stuck with how I want to transplant them. DWC is not fees able this go around, so I'm between a Hempy, or Soil grow, I like soil because I'm experienced with it, I've never done any type of hydro either and Hemppy should be easy. Any suggestions? Well soon I will be transplanting, And soon I should have flowers. Oh also it's been more than an hour since I typed the last sentence, 2 of my 6 cuttings didn't make it, culled em out. My remaining plants are looking good. 4 Blueberry cuttings rooted, and 2 seedlings from bag seed of either GSC, Purple Kush, or GDP. Very vigorously growing plants! I'm excited, I know this is my indoor journal but tomorrow I'm gonna put some pics of my Indoor crops mothers. I'm more excited than a little girl in a princess dress! Lol!

OfflineSam.Cee916
Amateur Tiger Expert
Male User Gallery

Officially have roots1 [Re: Sam.Cee916]
    #684667 - 09/09/13 02:42 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

WE HAVE ROOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So it's Wednesday of the 2 nd week since I took em. Monday before last. I have for sure 3 hopefully 4, it's not looking too bad but not like the rooted ones. I'm super excited to get the cuttings from my dads buddy. And to get my grow really growing!  females thru clones I took from my outdoor ladies fells good to have them since I know I'll be producing my own meds. And to have a couple F1 fem seeds from One of three pupu,ar purple type strains, lookin super nicenice too. Hopefully I pull the lady out of them! Super juiced tho! This is truely epic, I finally did it! Feels good to make those out of plants I had, free basically!!!

OfflineSam.Cee916
Amateur Tiger Expert
Male User Gallery

Growth Is Flyin! [Re: Sam.Cee916]
    #684668 - 09/09/13 02:44 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Wow! I have surpassed my expectations! I didn't think I'd root a cutting much less 4! Well now they are all looking good and healthy seedlings too!
It's week number 2 I feel,all weird, I am happjy to had been blessed with these green thumbs. I had about 2/3 of a week when my Closet(grow area)  I took my cuttings exactly 2 lweeks ago. At first I was I need of clones, no one i know had any for sale, or any at all Being Endl Clones ar 2 weeks from cutting today, Today, I transplanted all 6 0f my crop.
  Since I obtained 66% rooting rate:) and sould of been 100% but I unknowingly caused Demise. Regardless I could of been happy with one rooted, much less six! I used peat pellets as rooting medium, Miracle Grow Fat Rooting Hormone powder. Then put the planted cuttings in a closet thats 2'x2'x8'
(im only using about 36inches un a total 0 f 2 26Watt CFLs. I got a goof root structure and the first roots breade the pellets on the 8th day with all 4 showing many root tips!Jackpot, now my seedlings are great but there just,an extreme sense of accomplishment when I do it myself, I'm using DrEarths Root Zone Organic Soilless medium.its a blend of peat, perlite, seaweed, and seaweed extract, aloe Vera, YuccaExtract, oyster shells and dolomite lime, endo&ecto mycorrhizae and beneficial soil microbes. I use Dr.Earths Nitro Griow

OfflineSam.Cee916
Amateur Tiger Expert
Male User Gallery

Indoor mothers and bac history [Re: Sam.Cee916]
    #684669 - 09/09/13 02:46 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

I just wanna add a little back history, though its my first indoor grow, I decided to keep both a written and E-Journal for good experience info from my previous in new grows. I'm in no way a newbie cannabis grower I've done 8 seasons outside big ones! Just my 1st indoor, as well as CFL,SCROG, and controlling so much, mic pics show I'm not too inept to understand and learn from fellow peers, and experience, tea search can teach you the way it's done in words, but unless your gone in hands dirty, balls deep, than please dont expect that just cuz u can use google doesn't mean ur a good meds grower....just my opinionn u know what they say; "Opinions are like buttholes, everyone's stinks but mine" any ways ima treat ya to pics of my all natural,zero cost outdoor garden.

OfflineSam.Cee916
Amateur Tiger Expert
Male User Gallery

Re: Indoor mothers and bac history [Re: Sam.Cee916]
    #684670 - 09/09/13 02:48 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

It's the 9th Tuesday just got off work. The grow started Monday 6/24 IDK the number of days, but things are so far not bad, my seedlings ar starting to get into veg, my clones are taken off and I've started on low dose nutes, and low dose fouler feeding, need to go to 18/6 soon need to find out how ur supposed to turn the lights on, my CFLs are doing great all 5500 k for a while, time will tell.

OfflineSam.Cee916
Amateur Tiger Expert
Male User Gallery

CFL Veggin! [Re: Sam.Cee916]
    #684672 - 09/09/13 02:50 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

It's the 9th Tuesday just got off work. The grow started Monday 6/24 IDK the number of days, but things are so far not bad, my seedlings ar starting to get into veg, my clones are taken off and I've started on low dose nutes, and low dose fouler feeding, need to go to 18/6 soon need to find out how ur supposed to turn the lights on, my CFLs are doing great all 5500 k for a while, time will tell.

OfflineSam.Cee916
Amateur Tiger Expert
Male User Gallery

CFLs in action! [Re: Sam.Cee916]
    #684675 - 09/09/13 03:02 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

It is Friday July 12, 2013. I am seeing awesome results for using these lights, Really could careless what others feel about them, oroofs in the pudding, not hattin hid just sayinMy clones rooted January 4&5th, transplanted them on the 8th and they are surpassing expectations. By far, they do need a little more stretch but other than that they show how happy they are, chances are the seedlings will end up outside for October make some clones, then flower, a male would be a good choice for a hybrid, actually one in mind, but id like a nice big lady.Using Dr ERth medium mix and Nitro Big, all organic and from Winters,CA just a good 50-60 miles away. Good stuff so far.

OfflineSam.Cee916
Amateur Tiger Expert
Male User Gallery

Re: CFLs in action! [Re: Sam.Cee916]
    #684676 - 09/09/13 03:04 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Today is Thursday July 18, 2013, My grow is now 3 weeks and 4 days since the start. The date I started, or that I call the start, is 6/24, took cuttings, and put 2 seedling sprouts under my homemade CFL fixture using 12 26watt 5500L bulbs right now. I've transplanted my clones into one gallon pots made from water jugs, and cut in the Hempy style. I'm growing in Dr.Earth's Soilless Organic Medium Mix, or Seed Starter, It is peat, perlite, dolomite, crushed oyster shells, bark, and pro-biotics, Im also using Dr.Earth nutes. Nitro Gro 7-2-2 is an organic liquid fertilizer, made with seaweed, molasses and other pre-biotics. I have foiliar fed with it to start at 1/4 strength 2 times in the first week about 6 hrs apart while keeping the medium just wet enough. Once transplanted I used the fert as a medium water/feed. I've gradually gone up to half strength using it when containers are light. I'm on a feed-h2o-feed-h2o etc. Using the water to push residual nutes down, im also doing this with my seedlings, but they are in a much smaller container, very deep, it's a tall 16oz water bottle. For all containers I painted the outsides black for light blocking purposes. On a 18/6 light schedule as of now and I switched when I transplanted about 2 weeks, I am waiting for the seedlings to pre sex before I transplant and switch to 12/12. No wasted energy on males, so far no signs, being my 1st indoor though, I'm not sure that they show like they would outside. By the way it's going great outside! LST outdoors is amazing. Oh I topped my clones for the 1st time yesterday! So far everything is going smooth, greatly exceeded my expectations that's for sure! I can't wait to see what these seed brood show me, and to flower indoors with CFLs. I have all the 2700K bulbs ready! Need to do a quick light bleed check tho! Well time will tell!!!

OfflineSam.Cee916
Amateur Tiger Expert
Male User Gallery

Time to flower! [Re: Sam.Cee916]
    #684677 - 09/09/13 03:07 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

I'm taking my plants out of the grow area, and changing to my 2700k CFLs.Today is Wednesday, July 31 2013, FINALLY! My seedlings have shown fem and I'm ready to flip it to 12/12, I read that changing your veg time from 18/6 to 16/8 would help seedlings show sex quicker, I did the change, and about 5 days and the pistils came! So I have a total of 6 females 2 seed 4 clones. Next step is flowering, I purchased DrEarth Bloom and will be using that both indoors and out. I'm very surprised, excited, and happy that I have had such progress in my 1st indoor grow. Thanks a lot to the bible, outy experience, and a few of y'all! I have pics of outs n ins from today. This is the first time in or out using DrEarth medium and nutes, all organic and natural and is made just 20 miles down the road in Winters Ca!

OfflineSam.Cee916
Amateur Tiger Expert
Male User Gallery

Harvest Soon! [Re: Sam.Cee916]
    #684678 - 09/09/13 03:09 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

It's 8/15/13 My indoor grow has been modified a little, just by removing the seed plants the were getting too big and I'm finishing them outside, they are still symmetrical and begging, they show full blown fem after a day outside. My 4 indoor clones are flowering just as there mothers outdoors! I'm in a hurry so here are pics!

OfflineSam.Cee916
Amateur Tiger Expert
Male User Gallery

Far Surpased expectations [Re: Sam.Cee916]
    #684680 - 09/09/13 03:10 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

It's is August 24' 2 months to the day since I started my 1st indoor grow, took my 1st cuttings. I didn't expect much, I didn't think any would root much less make it to flowering! It's been in flower inside for a month, growing the same in n out its cool to see how the difference is between the 2 environments. When I got my clones we were told they were GDP, now I can tell they are Chernobyl, not close to GDP, but it's my fav strain! Here's some pics from today!

OfflineSam.Cee916
Amateur Tiger Expert
Male User Gallery

Re: Far Surpased expectations [Re: Sam.Cee916]
    #684681 - 09/09/13 03:12 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

It's Sep 2nd, and things are moving nicely for the most part. My indoor clones are doing great looking wonderful and 3/4 weeks to done! The seed plants I moved outside have taken wonderfully, doubled in size and are flowering nicely. My 5 original clones, the outdoor girls are freaking amazing! I found out they are actually purple Kush, they grow squat and not tall, I LSTed them bending and they really showed a great deal of exponential growth, not vertically though, which I avoid my neighborhood is shit. I got my security fence up, my motion detectors motion lights etc. I've been robbed at gun point here so I take no chances, I keep a 12gauge by the door close to the plants, the coolest part? I have 25 loads of law enforcement less lethal 00 rubber buck shot. This completely takes and second thoughts of shooting anyone stealing my meds a few times at that. Oh some how 2 indoor clones died, no clue how, all tested good they had the same exact stuff as all the others, with the help of a member here we narrowed it down to the neem. Pics: here's a beautiful survivor.the other.my indoor grow minus the dead onesmy Outys in their security fenceheres a closer shotThese are the seed plants lookin great! here's the pic showing 2 clones where nothing different was done to em

OfflineSam.Cee916
Amateur Tiger Expert
Male User Gallery

It's done! [Re: Sam.Cee916]
    #684682 - 09/09/13 03:15 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

My CFL indoor Hempy grow is now finished, I harvested two days ago, I have pics, I need to get off my cam. I far exceeded expectations in all aspects. I did run into a couple of issues. 1st I lost 2 cuttings due to my screw up. I was forced to pre harvest 2 clones, due to a issue I wasn't sure of. My trichomes 2days ago on the appropriate surviving plants were most all milky with a few light amber, smells wonderful. CFLs don't produce worth while buds unless its gonna be a mid winter harvest. I also learned not to try nd grow too many plants in a space. During flowering your plants need to be completely surrounded by CFLs. Low high mid all sides above below, or only the top of tops will get anything.When I started letting all know my plans were CFLs I know most all thought here we go once more, a guy who tossed a seed in dirt it sprouted, and thinks he can go start to finish with a single 100 watt =. It took time but my pics showed I wasn't that grower. I used what I did on purpose knowing the production difference between HID vs CFL,  My goal was to start a DIY small indoor Hempy grow, take my own cuttings, veg for a while, flower, and hopefully harvest. I never thought the cuttings would root, I didn't think the new clones would live long, I didn't think they'd get big, or flower, I surely didn't think I'd harvest. And I knew my meds would be low-mids, yet they are top shelf taste and relief. I proved to myself that I could do it, harvest, and grow good meds. I attribute my first clones problems with being put back in the grow closet too soon since I had cleaned with bleach. I'm very happy with my 1st Journal, and actual results! I'm going to put the last pics up next

Bless Jah,

OfflineNameInUse
Strange
Male User Gallery

Re: It's done! [Re: Sam.Cee916]
    #684706 - 09/09/13 07:18 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Nice journal man! Sweet grows!
:potleaf: :potleaf: :potleaf: :potleaf: :potleaf:

--------------------
But then an even greater force emerged: The un! And the un un-nazi'd the world! Forever!

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: It's done! [Re: NameInUse]
    #686507 - 09/27/13 04:06 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Good shit man. I was looking into buying Dr earth products, but I don't even see the "golden bloom" or the other one on their site =/

I think maybe they changed the bottles?
http://drearth.net/blog/products/

OfflineSam.Cee916
Amateur Tiger Expert
Male User Gallery

Re: It's done! [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #686630 - 09/28/13 08:51 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks both of you, I got it at Orchard, they carry all the things I used here's a pic.
The bag is a soilless

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: It's done! [Re: Sam.Cee916]
    #686692 - 09/29/13 03:51 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I found a site today that has the new versions of that stuff, and carries almost every (non flashy stoner brand) you could ever need cheap as hell. friggen 4$ for 40lbs of manure... 3$ for 8oz of perlite. All the ingredients to make your own fertalizers. http://www.midlandhardware.com/ The shipping isn't bad, but it can add up easy.

I need to find something to substitute whatever "Liquid Karma" is and I 'll be able to use the recipes from this http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/52075#52075

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale