Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineHomosapian
DMT
Male User Gallery

Loc: Austin , TX
CBS raped the chance to get a marijuana ad viewed by 1.5mil ppl
    #364930 - 02/15/10 08:22 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Re: CBS raped the chance to get a marijuana ad viewed by 1.5mil ppl [Re: Homosapian]
    #364940 - 02/15/10 08:39 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

that is pretty damn lame. CBS is on the shit-list now

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: CBS raped the chance to get a marijuana ad viewed by 1.5mil ppl [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #364950 - 02/15/10 08:50 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
that is pretty damn lame. CBS is on the shit-list now

When has CBS not been on the shit list?

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: CBS raped the chance to get a marijuana ad viewed by 1.5mil ppl [Re: Triptonic]
    #364997 - 02/15/10 09:51 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

that's not change.  that's more of the same.  :frown:

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Offlineelaspeinreason
his serene highness
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington DC
Re: CBS raped the chance to get a marijuana ad viewed by 1.5mil ppl [Re: Homosapian]
    #365072 - 02/16/10 03:31 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

can someone give me a little history here, why is CBS[ before this incident] on the shit-list ? I am really looking for past inconsistently , akin to the actions of the latest situation[ favoritism from a specific standpoint].

--------------------
हम सब एक है ~ We Are All One
The ultimate source of happiness, successful life, is within ourselves. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. - Buddha

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: CBS raped the chance to get a marijuana ad viewed by 1.5mil ppl [Re: elaspeinreason]
    #365084 - 02/16/10 07:41 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

CBS is clearly acting in bad faith as it accepts conservative political ads but not progressive ones. The company is not only banning NORML’s message, it is implicitly endorsing Focus on the Family at the same time.

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Re: CBS raped the chance to get a marijuana ad viewed by 1.5mil ppl [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #365103 - 02/16/10 09:15 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

NobodyImportant said:
CBS is clearly acting in bad faith as it accepts conservative political ads but not progressive ones. The company is not only banning NORML’s message, it is implicitly endorsing Focus on the Family at the same time.

Exactly.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Re: CBS raped the chance to get a marijuana ad viewed by 1.5mil ppl [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #365249 - 02/16/10 01:17 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

:lol:  Im not sure the term bad faith really applies to the war on drugs.  Also, cbs can do what it wants.  that petition isn't going to do shit.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Re: CBS raped the chance to get a marijuana ad viewed by 1.5mil ppl [Re: elaspeinreason]
    #365250 - 02/16/10 01:18 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

elaspeinreason said:
can someone give me a little history here, why is CBS[ before this incident] on the shit-list ? I am really looking for past inconsistently , akin to the actions of the latest situation[ favoritism from a specific standpoint].

The government has been a scriptwriter for a long time.  shit, the ONDCP is a scriptwriter too.  that would be soemthing interesting to research.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleShr0000ooooms
Cannabis Sampler

Loc: Hindu Kush Mountains
Re: CBS raped the chance to get a marijuana ad viewed by 1.5mil ppl [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #365252 - 02/16/10 01:22 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

It's just because it would be conidered "bad pubicity" to more people than "good publicity."

In this world you have to do what the majority think is right when you're famous.

--------------------
If I'm posting I'm high.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Re: CBS raped the chance to get a marijuana ad viewed by 1.5mil ppl [Re: Shr0000ooooms]
    #365256 - 02/16/10 01:24 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

The drug policy alliance is able to get their commercials approved and aired.  I used to see their commercials on CNN and other stations as well.  The messsage was basically, talk to your kids about drugs.  it was a pretty neutral commercial.  they have to be if you want a realistic shot at getting it shown on tv.  it's like an old man easing into a hot bath.  we gotta take it slow.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Offlineoxalic32
Male

Re: CBS raped the chance to get a marijuana ad viewed by 1.5mil ppl [Re: Shr0000ooooms]
    #365369 - 02/16/10 05:00 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Shr0000ooooms said:
It's just because it would be conidered "bad pubicity" to more people than "good publicity."

In this world you have to do what the majority think is right when you're famous.

Quote:

Now courtesy of Huffington Post we can show you another acceptable advertisement for CBS Billboards in Atlanta:
CBS Atlanta Billboard

...but this billboard in Atlanta is perfectly acceptable

It does not matter which side of the abortion debate you lie, you can certainly agree that abortion is one of the most contentious and controversial issues of our times. NORML, Focus on the Family, and the African-American anti-abortion outreach group Life Education and Research Network that funded these latest Atlanta billboards are all non-profit advocacy organizations lobbying for very controversial issues.

However, the anti-abortion groups seem to have no trouble getting their message out on CBS airwaves and billboards, while NORML is denied four times in two years the opportunity to pay to use the same airwaves and billboards.

http://blog.norml.org/2010/02/15/cbs-rejects-norml-legalization-billboard-but-accepts-black-children-are-an-endangered-species-anti-abortion-billboard/

I dont think its about bad publicity. I think that everyone is afraid of marijuana because its just too damn easy to grow & it has too many uses.

OfflineMoose-dub
gaining much experience
Male User Gallery

#365414 - 02/16/10 06:25 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Shr0000ooooms said:

This is why the true knowledge/facts about cannabis need to be spread amongst the general public.

Although an ad blatantly stating "Legalize Marijuana" and "it will raise taxes by billions" isn't necessarily the way to go about it.

I love NORML and everything they're about but I think they went a little too far a little too soon with that one.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies