Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Loc: The Hall of Doom
Re: My first semi success [Re: GoldenCapAttack]
    #357869 - 02/04/10 11:12 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

AKR#3 is coming along nicely.  She's about six inches tall now.  I haven't been feeding her anything at all just watering.  Which i did tonight and I do about every three or four days.  She's thicker in the stem than her late sister AKR#1 In fact it looks like she is going to branch out some.  Right now the buds are very tiny.  I think it's time I gave her some plant food later this week.

I've been so busy lately with school I hardly have time for the poor girl.  I desperately need to get those lights hung.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Re: My first semi success [Re: chucklehead]
    #358374 - 02/06/10 10:02 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Fixed the lighting in the grow box.  Pics Later.

Edited by chucklehead (02/06/10 09:06 PM)

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

#361163 - 02/09/10 08:48 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I added two more fans today.  I tied down the white fan that I had in there before and had to remove.  Also I added a computer fan in front of the intake. I'm hoping this helps AKR#3 bush up a little.

AKR#3 is looking pretty good.  She's done some branching.  She's starting to thicken up a little too.  Also she has started to stink.  She smells different from her sister.  Her sister had a strong citrus smell.  AKR#3 smells a little like citrus but stronger of skunkish and a bit like manure.

I realize results like these aren't dramatic but I'm really quite pleased.  This method appears to be capable of supplying my needs.  I'm hopeful AKR#3 weights in heavier than her sister.  I would like to see maybe 4 grams this time.  I really need to get a proper air filter on this thing.  AKR#1's demise was her odor.  If I could contain the smell I could grow out my plants longer.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #361354 - 02/09/10 10:09 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Nice little bushy ladies you got there!  I love the look of AF's, yet I find a hard time finding a practical use for them, besides multiple harvest outdoor seasons, but the yield isn't practical to me. Anyways your's looks basically perfect, and looks to have a major head start on trichome production.  Damn!  Nice job so far!  I like it

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Re: My first semi success [Re: Inverted]
    #361942 - 02/10/10 07:50 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Thank man!

I really didn't expect anything this good.  I'm going to guess a lot of the credit should go to World of Seeds genetics.  I'm really only responsible for adjusting lights and giving food and water.  I gave a lot less nutrients to this plant than I did the last one.  Looks like that's working out just fine.  I fiddle with the fans too but I have no idea to what degree that even matters.  I'm just doing that to prevent fungus and strengthen the plants but I often wonder how the plant would have turned out had I not done any of that.  Also all of the light adjustments I make.  I wonder how much that makes a difference.  Since I don't have the time, space, or money to build another grow box the world will never know. :P  Maybe one day if I ever get my second degree I'll be able to stop paying for school and buy a bigger house.  With more space and cash on hand then maybe I'll be able to grow more... mostly for the hell of it I guess since I have no use for more than what I'm growing now.  I've been looking at LEDs and sort of wish I could start a grow with LEDs to run side by side with my CFL grow.  Maybe I'll start sniffing around for another mini fridge and toss out some old junk around this place to make room for it... probably not but I guy can dream.

Anyhow thanks again for the Kudos.

C.H.

--------------------

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

#363263 - 02/12/10 04:38 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

She's about 8 inches tall now.

There are buds on and under the lower branches.  I can smell her when I walk in the house now.  I'm going to try to add an additional layer to the filter I'm using but I doubt it will help.  If that doesn't help I don't know how much longer I can let her live.

--------------------

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

#363535 - 02/13/10 11:47 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Today is your lucky day AKR#3.

I added a filter to the intake today.  Made a huge difference in the smell from my other grow.  It also raised the temperature 10 degrees in the top half of the mini fridge to around 100F.  The middle is running around 85 now and the bottom by the intake is still 75-80.  So the plants at the bottom are still well within good temperature ranges. 

So with the smell much better contained AKR#3 I allow you to live, for now.  I'm hoping I can let her grow out at least one more week if not two.  She's six weeks old and a day today.  I'd guess within a couple weeks she'll have maxed out her space and my ability to control her odor.  Though, because of the size of the pot she's in, she may not get a lot taller.  At only six weeks old she should have at least two more weeks for flowering in her, I would think, if not more.  The first signs of flowers on this plant were about three weeks ago when she was only about 1.5 inches tall.  According to the vendor hype I've read, you have typically 8-9 weeks of flowering on these autoflowering plants.  There's no way this baby is going six more weeks.  I'm sure it would live that long in the right conditions but I just can't see it happening in the environment I'm providing.

Had to give this little 8 inch plant half a gallon of water today.  She can really slurp up the water.  I'm really digging the ferti-lome brand cactus mix I've been using for these plants.  So far they like it.  I've been mixing it with part ferti-lome ultimate potting soil.  Not particular ratios just till it looks like it'll hold enough water and drain well too.  The one thing I don't like about it though is the wetting agent that comes on it at first.  After you water the plants a few times it seems not to be a problem anymore.  At first the wetting agent is a pain because it sort of repells water.  So you are forced to water it very slowly at first.  I'm talking with a mister spray bottle.

--------------------

Edited by chucklehead (02/13/10 01:24 PM)

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Re: My second semi success [Re: chucklehead]
    #363980 - 02/14/10 12:29 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

The hairs are starting to turn colors.

Also I want to correct some things I said earlier. 

1) I see some breeders saying flowering time for there autoflowering plants can be six week.  Some also state that the life span of the plant from seed to harvest is 8-9 weeks.  My first couple plants have started flowering at about week three.  So if I am to believe harvest time is around 8-9 weeks then that leaves 5-6 weeks of flowering.  That would mean AKR#3 has three more weeks until she's fully ready. 

I hope her buds get bigger in that time.  The ones on the bottom look tiny but the central cola thing looks ok.

2) I said AKR#3 is 8 inches.  That is incorrect.  She's more like 7.25in.

I want to do a better job curing this one.  I'm considering the warm water curing method.  I'd love to have odorless tasteless weed.

Also going forward AKR#3 gets only water.  No more food.

--------------------

OfflineGoldenCapAttack
Male

Loc: Ca
    #363995 - 02/14/10 01:07 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

chucklehead said:
  I'd love to have odorless tasteless weed.

huh?

--------------------

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Re: My second semi success [Re: GoldenCapAttack]
    #364054 - 02/14/10 02:07 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

GoldenCapAttack said:
Quote:

chucklehead said:
  I'd love to have odorless tasteless weed.

huh?

I don't sell the weed I grow.  So I have no need for strong smelling weed to convince a potential client that "Yes in fact this weed is very potent and you can tell because the smell is so strong."  Basically because I have no need to prove anything to anyone and I just want to enjoy smoking (or eating) my weed there is no reason to have the hasle of it smelling up my house, fridge, freezer, etc..

From what I gather about water curing your weed it becomes odorless and tasteless.  Also the water curing method reduces or eliminates the harshness of the smoke.  So if you are eating the weed for example in the form of cannibutter baked into something else, ideally it would not alter the flavor or be detectable in any way.  So I could take my tastey narcotic snack into public and eat it without fear of suspicious odors.  Plus it would always taste completely awesome.  In the case of smoking I would prefer my weed to have a very low flavor and harshness or none at all.  I could add it to my pipe tobacco and enjoy it in my back garden without alerting the neighbors.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #364061 - 02/14/10 02:17 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

water curing? what is that?

--------------------

OfflineGoldenCapAttack
Male

Loc: Ca
    #364115 - 02/14/10 03:44 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

ahhhh.. I see.
And yeah, what exactly IS
water curing?

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: My second semi success [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #364144 - 02/14/10 04:42 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
water curing? what is that?

http://www.greenpassion.org/showthread.php?t=53

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: My second semi success [Re: coda]
    #364147 - 02/14/10 04:47 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

why on earth would you ever do that to your beautiful nuggets? that entire post just made me very sad inside. :frown:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: My second semi success [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #364149 - 02/14/10 04:53 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

beats me, some people enjoy it.  I would never do that unless it was the only way I could use the buds (mold, etc).

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: My second semi success [Re: coda]
    #364171 - 02/14/10 05:24 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah air dry for the win. You get to smell the progress of that good stank. I would never let water touch my buds.

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Re: My second semi success [Re: Dephect]
    #366901 - 02/17/10 08:51 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Pics tomorrow. 

She's getting fatter and hairier.  Kinda like my friends wife... anyhow she's looking good.  My plant I mean, not my friends wife.  Also the white hairs are turning orange and brown.  At the current rate of change I would guess in three more days she will have an equal number of orange and white hairs. 

AKR#3 isn't getting any taller.  I'm guessing that is the roots running out of room. 

I have to say these two plants have really impressed me.  I really really want to buy from World of Seeds again.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #366904 - 02/17/10 08:52 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

chucklehead said:
Pics tomorrow. 

She's getting fatter and hairier.  Kinda like my friends wife...

Fucking LOL

--------------------

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

COMPLETE [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #367840 - 02/18/10 09:52 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Well the wife asked me about the smell of the plant today.  I'm a terrible lier.  So I just told her the truth.  It smelled like gasoline when I opened the front door today.  The plant went stank over night.  So that made the wife scared and she hinted that it might be time to take AKR#3 down.  So I did.  I was hoping to get another week out of her but still I'm pleased once more by the result.  Sticky hairy plants that just look delicious.  Oh the resin was amazing.  I just wanted to take a bite out of the plant.  I'll give dry weights when it's done curing.  I'm going to water cure against the better advice.  For now it suits my needs.  Down the road when I can afford properly firltered drying chambers I'll to there.  Frankly I'm curious about this technique.  I've read numerous accounts of possitive feed back.  The only consistent complaint was loss of bag appeal.  Fuck it.  I don't keep my weed in a bag.  I keep it in a glass jar in my night stand where it waits to give me my bed time story.

Poked holes in the lids with a knife.  I'll use that to drain without agitating.  Then I'll fill themb ack up with RO and repeat the process.  I'll give final wait when I have it.

Little help on the anatomy folks.  Are these seed pods?  I don't get it.  I don't have a mail plant and I couldn't find any pollen sacks on this one to indicate she is hermie.

Over all I'm very satisfied.  I think the product is well worth it.  We'll see how the Nirvana beans do.  If hey don't come up to scratch I'll go ahead an buy another round of beans from World of Seeds again.  I may sex them next time.  It would be nice to not have to buy more seeds.  I"d love to start messing with cloning but autoflowering plants don't take to it well I hear.  Still it would be worth a shot if I could get a nice fan leaf or two early and try to clone them.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: COMPLETE [Re: chucklehead]
    #367851 - 02/18/10 09:57 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, those are technically seed pods. However, without a male to pollinate them they remain empty and instead the plant focuses it's energy on thc production and overall bud weight.

the more scientific term for those is ovaries. they literally have the egg in them (haploid) and when the other haploid (pollen--> sperm) fertilizes it then it forms a diploid zygote (embryo) which eventually matures into a seed

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds