Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Feb Attitude Offer
    #358040 - 02/05/10 01:06 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Just got their email, good offer this month.

Super Lemon Haze, Bubba Kush, Kings Kush, all from Greenhouse, all fem, all free if you spend 15 pounds (30~ bucks?). Its only valid for 3 days 5th-8th. I don't think I'll bite this time because I have too much going on, but fyi for everyone else.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (02/05/10 01:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Feb Attitude Offer [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #358081 - 02/05/10 02:07 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

BK from GHS is bullshit

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Feb Attitude Offer [Re: Inverted]
    #358099 - 02/05/10 02:38 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
BK from GHS is bullshit

Why is it bullshit? I'm sure they have access to the clones, and their kings kush is the shit fwiw.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #358100 - 02/05/10 02:42 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Just found this too:

--------------------
|

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#358157 - 02/05/10 05:38 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I donno, I've just heard that, but I don't like GHS that much anyway.  They are only as popular as they are because they put the money into marketing big time.  Why do you think you found that video on YouTube so fast?

I'm just saying.  I would probably grow their gear sometime, but I'd rather grow Mag's beans honestly :shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #358263 - 02/05/10 11:44 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I know Arjin and he is full of shit. Yes he could use a real bubba kush but he doesn't like usual he did his own version using a Bubble Gum x With a Kush and calls it Bubba Kush. The asshole (sorry I'm being as nice as I can) even hints to it in the description of the seeds.
Quote:

Greenhouse seeds Bubba Kush feminised Genetics: bubble Gum, Kush Effect

Bubba Kush has no Bubble Gum in it.

Then again take a look at the lemon haze plant in video. Even they don't have one that looks good. The cannabis cup is a bunch of crap. Now don't get me wrong it's fun as hell to go to but it's funny how none of the judges can remember voting for lemon haze but it won the cup.

Want to know who is gonna win the cup this year. Just read high times and see which seed companies do the most advertising. :wink:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Feb Attitude Offer [Re: Magash]
    #358376 - 02/06/10 10:05 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I knew it.  Thanks for clarifying man!  :thumbup:

--------------------

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #358377 - 02/06/10 10:15 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Wow, that is pretty embarassing for them if true. I thought he just misspoke during the video, being high or whatever.

I don't know if linking to other sites is allowed, but marijuanareviews.com has HQ pics and reviews of 2008 & 2009 SSH nugs from the cup. I respect Chubbs from that site a lot and he had similar feelings, that there were more deserving strains, at least in 2009.

--------------------
|

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (02/06/10 10:15 AM)

Offlinechamberlaindavidd
Stranger

#360387 - 02/08/10 10:30 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I'm really hopeful there UFO's turn out to be good seed's i delayed my order a whole 2 days (lol) just so i could get those extra couple seeds...

Offlinedutc2006
Grow or Die

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Feb Attitude Offer [Re: chamberlaindavidd]
    #360577 - 02/09/10 02:16 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Another obvious exploitation of the name game.  Next up from them the Headband Kush and GDP.

But no seriously the freebies Attitude gives away always get a bad rep.  People are quick to say "If the beans were any good then why are they trying to get rid of them for free?"
There could be some merit to this argument, if the seeds were popular and people were quick to pay for them, then why would they offer them for free?  On the other hand, I haven't found hardly anything good said about the Thai Super Skunk they gave away several months ago and I love it.  I haven't finished the grow yet but it definitely has vigorous and healthy sativa genetics and looks very promising to me thus far.  Same with the Pineapple Express.  The taste of that strain alone is worth it in my book.  An obvious exploitation of the name game that just happened to work for me.

OfflineFrozenReality
 User Gallery

Re: Feb Attitude Offer [Re: dutc2006]
    #360621 - 02/09/10 07:29 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

g13 labs and dna genetics are both really good brands. They are on my list of things to buy. Like the midnight kush and la woman, la confidential, kushberry, are all great strains. Really the only company ive ever had problems with is green house seeds, those god damn seeds always stretch like fuck and never stand up on their own where every other company's seeds and even my own mix's all grow straight up and thicken up without stretching. Even nirvana has way better genetics than greenhouse.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Feb Attitude Offer [Re: FrozenReality]
    #360663 - 02/09/10 10:16 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

FrozenReality said:
Even nirvana has way better genetics than greenhouse.

--------------------

Offlinedutc2006
Grow or Die

Folding@home Statistics
    #360772 - 02/09/10 01:40 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
Quote:

FrozenReality said:
Even nirvana has way better genetics than greenhouse.

Why wouldn't they though?  I really like the Nirvana Ice I have going now.  I have never used GHS, but the inference is that Nirvana is sub-par too?

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#360831 - 02/09/10 03:35 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

No, Nirvana is just cheap, price wise.

I have never heard any REAL complaints or problems with their gear, it's just not top of the line, but that's cool because I don't like paying top of the line prices for simple seeds.

--------------------

Offlinedutc2006
Grow or Die

Folding@home Statistics
    #360844 - 02/09/10 04:22 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

What would you consider top of the line as far as mainstream breeders go?  As long as Nirvana has been around and the huge amount of genetics they have had the opportunity to work with, I don't see how they wouldn't be top of the line.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#360847 - 02/09/10 04:40 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Because of the actual breeding and selection that is used.  Some breeders are better than others when it comes to having an "eye" for preferable traits.

Like Magash has said tons of times, Steve?  I think, from Spice of Life seems to have a good eye for keeper phenos.

DJ Shorts is pretty good too, and obviously Shantibaba from Mr. Nice.

You get what you pay for (most of the time).

--------------------

Offlinedutc2006
Grow or Die

Folding@home Statistics
    #360923 - 02/09/10 05:47 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

In your Magash's Test Run thread the other day you said you have never bought seeds from a seed bank, so what are you basing this opinion off of? 

I have grown expensive seeds and I have grown out freebies and cheap seeds.  I don't know what desirable phenos you are talking about other than perhaps potency, but I have never found that to be a problem for either cheap or expensive.  If you are talking about shape or size, I think all breeders usually offer a good selection amongst differing heights and size characteristics.  And if referring to aesthetics well, you may have me there.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#360974 - 02/09/10 06:07 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I'm basing it off of networking and research.  Just because I haven't purchased seeds from a bank, DOES NOT mean I haven't grown seedbank quality seeds.  I've never purchased them directly no.  The Chrystal I grew is from Nirvana.  My friend whom grows as well bought them and grew them and made more seeds.  I saw some AWESOME phenos from those seeds.  I've talked to LOTS of people about breeding because it personally interests me highly, and I have concluded that the breeders I posted above are among the top.  along with Mag :wink:

I trade with friends quite frequently, so my little "bank" of varying strains has grown, but is also getting low because I've given so many away :sad:

--------------------

Offlinedutc2006
Grow or Die

Folding@home Statistics
    #360996 - 02/09/10 06:23 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I see, sorry, I just had to make sure you weren't making these judgments without actually trying Nirvana before.  I haven't tried Spice of Life, DJ Short or Mr. Nice, but I have tried a handful of others.  I am intrigued to try some of their stock and see how I like it.  I suppose I may be blown away.  I kind of had my mind set on my next purchases being Chimera (Mental Floss) or Subcool's Jilly Bean, and that is going to have to be a while.  I already have a stock of good seeds to use, but maybe I can trade with somebody to get my hands on some of those aforementioned breeders.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#361027 - 02/09/10 06:46 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Don't be sorry!  I wasn't offended.  If I haven't tried something I talk about, I've either seen it grown, or have followed countless grow journals or first hand conversations w/ growers who have run certain genetics.

I won't make a judgment unless I feel I am comfortable enough to do so.  I don't like reading false reviews any more than the next guy :wink:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds