Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

Nirvana and Autoflowering
    #482755 - 09/27/10 09:32 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Has anyone bee to Nirvana's site to look up their AF strains?  It looks like they are having serious troubles with the strains they developed.  You can see some remarks on their website, but people on other forums are pissed off too.

It would seem that their AF strains are unstable.  People are getting tall plants, plants that won't flower, plants that grow stunted, plants that take 15 weeks to finish, and any combination thereof.

It would appear that Nirvana is not being open about their fix and they are also not honoring any returns from people that bought from their distributors, such as The Attitude and The Single Seed Center.

Has anyone here been disappointed by Nirvana's AF strains or AF from any other breeders?

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

Loc: KOREA
Re: Nirvana and Autoflowering [Re: CrayolaHalls]
    #482794 - 09/27/10 12:12 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

CrayolaHalls said:
It would appear that Nirvana is not being open about their fix and they are also not honoring any returns from people that bought from their distributors, such as The Attitude and The Single Seed Center.

They probably aren't offering returns for refunds, but they are open about it, they discuss it ina  few paragraphs on their site.

Quote:

IMPORTANT NOTICE ON OUT OF STOCK STRAINS:

Time to cut the BS and inform you on what's really going on. There's a lot of nonsense doing the rounds about our decision to put four of our auto-flowering strains out of stock, so here's the truth, straight from the source.

Since introducing our four new auto-strains, reactions were mostly positive. We would like to stress that many of our customers have successfully grown these strains to their full satisfaction, as photos on many online cannabis communities will prove. There was one small batch of faulty Blue Mystic autos sent out, but we replaced seeds for the few customers that were involved. Lately, however, we have been receiving more and more complaints about a failure to flower in these four strains. This is why we have decided to temporarily stop selling them. We are currently doing some major quality testing to ascertain which batch or batches caused these issues. Since a lot of people still reported successful grows, and since testing is done regularly, we do know that not all batches were affected.

For all our customers who've ordered auto-flowerers from us, here's what you should do: First, don't panic! Rumour-mongers most likely have never even ordered from us, and are often not properly informed. Your seeds may very well turn out to have nothing wrong with them whatsoever.

Begin by making very sure that any problems you are experiencing with these strains are not due to grower mistakes! Common mistakes include:

- using nutrients intended for use in the vegetative period. If you're using these, the plant will not get the necessary nutrients to start producing flowers. Solution: switch to flowering nutrients immediately.
- using a 24/0 light cycle. The fact that auto-flowerers are not photo period dependent, like regular cannabis plants are, does not mean that being bathed in light 24/7 is right for them. Many growers make the mistake of thinking plants need to be exposed to light as much as possible to grow bigger, when the dark period is actually when plants use that built-up light energy to develop roots and leaves. (obviously, using a dark period also means far lower electricity bills and heat output). Solution: switch to an 18/6 or even 16/8 light cycle.
- using too high temperatures. Tying in with the issue above - if plants get too hot, flowering may be affected. Slightly lowering the temperatures simulates the ending of the growing season, thus stimulating flowering. Solution: carefully lower those temperatures.

The above should fix issues experienced with seeds from all good batches. If you believe you have received a bad batch, and you've tried the above solutions and still have problems, please contact us through the Help Desk and we will sort things out. If, on the other hand, you've been driven to panic over what someone wrote on a forum, we would urge you to verify that your growing conditions are correct with the help of the list above.

In the meantime, as mentioned above, we will focus on batch testing to find out which batches were affected, and on quality control to make sure this doesn't happen again. As a safety measure, all batches of these autoflowering strains will remain set to "out of stock" until we can be sure that the batches we have are flowering properly. Please note that our Short Rider strain is definitely not experiencing quality issues, and is therefore stil available for sale. So if you are interested in buying an auto-flowering strain, we advise you to order Short Rider for now. Thank you for reading, and our apologies to all customers who were affected.

--------------------
:advisory:

“If you want to find out who your real friends are, sink the ship. The first ones to jump aren’t your friends.” — Marilyn Manson

This isn't the correct place to confront me on anything.

Forum full of dead stars, and a necro I called Coma White

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

Re: Nirvana and Autoflowering [Re: Laysthepipe]
    #482865 - 09/27/10 04:45 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, I saw that on their website.  They are still not being open/direct about how they are handling the customers who have issues with what was purchased.  Seeds and shipping are not cheap.

Don't get the idea that I am bashing Nirvana.  I would like to hear any positive story that comes from this.

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

Offlinethe man

Re: Nirvana and Autoflowering [Re: CrayolaHalls]
    #482869 - 09/27/10 05:04 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

hard to get best of both worlds. short fast yet tasty and potent. when pushing the limits of a rudi this is likely what happens. its a shame but not to surprising. didnt get auto bubble? well you got mostly reg bubble so thats not to bad :smile: i dunno good luck to everyone who feels gipped.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds