Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Re: Isn't extinction a good thing? [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #362190 - 02/11/10 09:25 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Humanity has fucked up morals :shrug:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Isn't extinction a good thing? [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #362193 - 02/11/10 09:28 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I'm so high

The sun is shining

I'm happy

I like Harry's argument

:yesnod:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Invisiblelegallyhomeless

Re: Isn't extinction a good thing? [Re: Inbred_gimp]
    #362197 - 02/11/10 09:41 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
and what about all the deliberate extinctions that humans have done ?

small pox
polio

I didn't hear any people crying when we killed those organisms

but heaven forbid some rare squid in the deep goes extinct :stonedjerk:

This is the last post I read and I just HAVE to comment now.

First of all polio was bad. Small pox, was bad. That squid isnt bad. Shit, it could be the very cure for the swine flu. You have NO idea.

next I would like to say that you are both right as far as evolution. Somethings take thousands of years. For instance, growing wings...

On the other hand... somethings can evolve more quickly, such as the coral you mentioned. It would be a weird world if everything evolved at the same rate. And actually if that was the case, then we would know exact time and dates that all animals would evolve.

and in that is the beauty of evolution.

Quote:

Inbred_gimp said:
my main belief on this issue is that the earth is alot more important than the human species and we should recognize that by nurturing it and not by pillaging it for its resources for our benefit, especially when we could get all the resources we need from environmentally friendly sources, Instead of sources like dwindling fossil fuels etc. talking about 'primate arrogance' i believe that real primate arrogance is things like logging and overfishing.

YES! I like you :cool:

maybe a few hundred years ago we didnt have the technology to gather resources responsibly but its 2010 bitches. We ARE moving in to the future and more and more people are realizing that while the earth IS big, its the only one and we are fucking it up to no end.

Sure we can live on mars maybe... maybe the moon, maybe another planet... but until we can learn to manage the one we have properly, then we SHOULD NOT even think about living on another planet.

Talk about taking things for granted..

"oh shit we killed the Earth, oh well we can find a new one" :facepalm:

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

Re: Isn't extinction a good thing? [Re: legallyhomeless]
    #362997 - 02/12/10 05:36 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

How can a microbe be 'bad' ?
You're being emotional when you say that eradicating a virus is okay, but chopping down a giant sequoia is bad...

You can't be a cheerleader for humanity and then scoff at it's ignorance.

To whom would it matter if we DID blow up the Earth?  Maybe we'll donate a chunk to become mars' new moon and it'll become more suitable for life in the process... That would be the green thing to do right?

We're hurtling through space at unimaginable speeds dodging any number of catastrophes and destined for extinction... The thing is, only consciousness cares (if you believe) and yet is unaffected...

Again though, I'll say I do like this place and these experiences, and I wish we could go back to being in harmony with our home and live much more like the natives and other inhabitants of Earth...

I guess my final contribution to this thread is to always remember to think for yourself... Really question where your beliefs come from.  Note how specific and unwavering our cultural beliefs have become.  Everything is yes/no, red/blue, right/wrong... Just remember to really identify with the origins of your opinions, and never be afraid to form new ones...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order