Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Excitement and Fear [Re: chucklehead]
    #345318 - 01/10/10 06:46 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

The freebies they were offering back in the beginning of december?

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Loc: The Hall of Doom
Re: Excitement and Fear [Re: coda]
    #345483 - 01/10/10 08:12 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Nope I ordered some Nirvana seeds back on December 26th which is only a couple of weeks ago.  I've always gotten my stuff from Doc Chronic a little faster than that.  Not like there's any rush.  I can't start any new plants until these two are about finished.

--------------------

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

#346724 - 01/12/10 09:38 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Got my seeds today.  Turns out signing for them was pretty much a nothing deal.  I was freaking out. 

Didn't have time to snap picks today.  I had work and school.  AKR#1 The bottom two nodes are going yellow.  The rest of the leaves perked up really nicely.  She turned a good bit lighter in color too.  I think I'll feed her next time I water.  I'm thinking I'll up her nutrients to half strength rather than 1/4 strength.  She has started to get a smell to her.  I noticed a scent of lemon in the basement when I walked in the room.  I'm going to have to get those filters put on the grow box soon and adjust the light so I don't hurt my girls.

AKR#3 just a little bigger.  No major changes.  She doesn't drink water the way her sister did.  Her soil mix is different though.  She got more vermiculite on top and less through the bottom half.  So I expect she'll hold moisture better than AKR#1 anyway. 

I have to say this is way too much fun.  I wish I had a dozen grow boxes.  No way that's going to happen in this house.  The wife is none to pleased about me growing.  Which I can't figure out for the life of me.  For the last couple years I grew Shrooms by the pounds literaly (I filled a lawn bag once with cracker dry booms from one harvest).  So now I shut all that down and I grow two teeny tiny plants and she's all scared.  Oh and here is the kicker.  She wants me to do another shroom grow so I have stuff for spring.  :wow:  What ever.  I just want to grow my own weed so that I never doubt the quality and will always have a source.  ME!

--------------------

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Update [Re: chucklehead]
    #347147 - 01/13/10 05:55 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

AKR#1
I lost the first two nodes.  The third node is looking yellow and getting spots.

I wonder if I'm losing leaves due to moving the light further away.  I'm probably just paranoid from the pot brownies earlier.  It could very well be the transplanting.  Also should I clip those leaves off once they dry up?

Oh yeah and this girl can drink.  She's slurping up water again quickly.  I gave her food again tonight.  This time at about half the recommended strength.  I'm going to try to keep moving her up to regular food.

AKR#3 She's getting more spots on that first set of spikes.  Otherwise she looks ok to me.  Her center stem is losing it's purple.

I put in the last couple pics for scale.  These things aren't that big.  Just tiny litte girls. 

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Update [Re: chucklehead]
    #347325 - 01/13/10 09:19 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

eh, i wouldn't worry too much about those few leaves at the bottom.  They usually die off during flowering and don't really provide too much benefit to your plant since they're covered by all the overgrowth on top.  If all of your major fan leaves were looking like that at this point, then I'd say you'd have a problem :wink:

--------------------

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Oh crap. [Re: coda]
    #348714 - 01/16/10 04:17 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

The mylar was falling down today and getting in the way of the fan.  I fixed it with gorilla tape.  Problem is I turned off the fan while fixing it because the fan has no guard and will literally take off a finger.  Well I forgot to turn it back on.  Temps went over 120F today for several hours.  So far the plants look ok.  It's been several hours since and they look just as they did above except that AKR#3 has one leaf that turned brown half way.  So I may have killed my plants today but I'll probably know by tomorrow if I actually hurt them or not.

AKR#1 is 4 inches tall today.

AKR#3 is 1.5 inches tall today.  On looking back over my thread AKR#3 is about two weeks behind AKR#1.  By that thinking I should probably transplant her next week end if she doesn't die before that.  The thing is her main stem isn't looking as strong as AKR#1's did at that time.  Maybe she'll get more hearty soon.

Also I took out the two long lights out of the grow box today.  They add a lot of heat for as little light as they contribute.  Initially that was a good thing but I need to start filtering the air now.  There is definitely a distinctive odar coming from the box now.  It's noticalbe upon walking in the room.  So I'm guessing to someone not used to the smell at all, the smell is permiating the house and I'm just desensitized.  So I'm going to lay some charcoal filters over the exhaust fan and experiment with the temps.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Oh crap. [Re: chucklehead]
    #348720 - 01/16/10 04:21 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

They're heat stressed, but should survive with some care.

--------------------

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Re: Oh crap. [Re: coda]
    #349554 - 01/18/10 06:23 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

The lights were sagging down again.  When ever the heat goes over 90 the glue backing on the velcro starts to melt enought that the weight from the lights makes the fixture sag.  I've noticed that hanging the velcro on the fixture vertically works much better in terms of sag.  The trouble here is I'm going to have to put a bunch more fixtures in in order to support the lights.  Plus I have to totally rework the box.  Another option would be to find a way to suspend the lights.  I'm going to try to get through this grow as is but if the fixtures keep coming appart that's not going to work.  I sort of suspected this might happen but I went with it anyway.

AKR#1 is 4.5 inches tall today.  The lower leaves are a little yellow but otherwise she looks okay.

AKR#3 is almost 2 inches tall.  She is looking pretty droopy.  I noticed her main stem has thickened up considerably.  I'm going to repot her in two days.

--------------------

Edited by chucklehead (01/18/10 07:29 PM)

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Re: Oh crap. [Re: chucklehead]
    #350947 - 01/20/10 06:52 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I repotted AKR#3 tonight.  She had a decent root ball.  I think I timed that one just about right.

AKR#1 is starting to stink.  I cut back the lights to only six lights but I added a filter to the exhaust fan.  It isn't helping.  Time to look up proper carbon filter making.

--------------------

Offlinethe man

#351742 - 01/22/10 01:00 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

maybe put the cooling tube in there and have it on low couple hours a day. oooorr  rip out all the insulation and shit on teh inside there by allowing it to cool easier and give you a couple inches on all sides more of space!

Offlinethe man

Re: Excitement and Fear [Re: the man]
    #351744 - 01/22/10 01:02 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

oh and having all those wires in there put off heat aswell.

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

#351790 - 01/22/10 08:06 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

well it turns out the white fan I was running to create turbulance was my big problem regarding odor.  My guess is that it was throwing smelly air out of the intake.

--------------------

Offlinethe man

#351898 - 01/22/10 01:05 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

blowin out in the in hole is never good. \

OfflineSgt. Smoke
File up and smoke down!
Male

Loc: Classified
    #352020 - 01/22/10 05:49 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I wouldn't feed everyday. water,feed,water,feed or better yet water,feed,feed,water etc.

They are still small so they don't need that much food. You can always boost it later.

I would also flush those babies. Salt build up is a nasty thing.

SGT.

--------------------
L.O.B.

LEGION OF BUD

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Re: Excitement and Fear [Re: Sgt. Smoke]
    #352266 - 01/23/10 09:35 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

AKR#1 hasn't grown taller in several days.  I think she's mad about me reducing her light.  She has gotten a little thicker.  I'm hoping she's working on roots  She seems to be drinking more lately.

AKR#3 is coming along.  She has done some growing she's just below 2.5 inches tall now.

I moved the lights again.  I did that for basically two reasons.  I want the lights closer to the plants and second the glue keeps giving out on me when I stick them to the sides of the fridge.  Eventually I have to rig up a suspension system.  Maybe some time next week.  I could rig all the lights along the back wall and the cealing but the lights would be pretty far away from the plants at all times.  Suspension is a harder thing to rig but better I think.

Humidity levels continue to rise.  That is a bit distressing.  The temps and humidity in there are getting fungus friendly.  The only thing I can think to do to correct is get more air flow.  That means I either have to make more holes (not desireable) or I could attempt to mount another fan on the grow box.  This time I'll put it on the intake blowing inward of course.  Maybe that will help.

--------------------

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

My first semi success [Re: chucklehead]
    #354351 - 01/27/10 09:48 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Well AKR#1 is dead.  I killed her tonight.  There are three issues with having done this that I'm fully aware of.  1.  I took her down a little early.  Only maybe 1/3 of the trichomes turned amber and the rest were milky or clear but mostly milky.  ( My hand held microscope sort of sucks but it gets the job done.)  2. I didn't flush her roots and I did feed her this week.  3. I am not going to properly cure her.  She's going in the dehydrator.  I have my reasons for each of these things.  For #1.  She was stinking up the house.  One little 5 inch plant could be smelled all through 2000 square feet of my house.  For #2.  Same as #1.  3. I haven't built a proper drying box yet.  I will this week end.

By the way the roots of this tiny plant had spread to every corner of that 1 gallon pot.  She had formed a pretty good root ball again.  It makes me wonder just how much soil she really needed to reach her full potential.

This is my first semisuccess.  I've never gotten bud before.  If I had had a chance to flush her out I would be completely satisfied by this result.  As it is I'm aiming to do better with AKR#3.  Hopefully I'll have built or bought a better filter by the time she starts to stink. 

I didn't weigh it or anything like that.  I dismantled this bud into smaller individual buds.  Spread it out in the dehydrator and she's drying out now.  The clippings from the leaves and such went into a tea which I drank ealier.  The high is a mix of stoney and engergetic and man it sure is satisfying. :headbanger:

AKR#3 is coming along nicely.  She's a bit stretchier than her sister.  Her leaves are bigger too.  I hope she turns out as well as AKR#1 but with better drying, perhaps curing, and definitely with flushing out the chemicals.

--------------------

OfflineGoldenCapAttack
Male

Loc: Ca
Re: My first semi success [Re: chucklehead]
    #354412 - 01/28/10 01:28 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

:hi5:

--------------------

OfflineTomCollins

#354419 - 01/28/10 01:50 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Sometimes it's easy to make mistakes looking at the trichomes. In any case, it's a shame you had to chop her down so early. She was definitely not ready judging by the pictures as well as the high you describe.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Re: My first semi success [Re: TomCollins]
    #354635 - 01/28/10 05:59 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

AKR#1 dried out to a whopping 2 grams.

--------------------

OfflineGoldenCapAttack
Male

Loc: Ca
    #354963 - 01/29/10 02:31 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

2g's?
I guess thats decent considering you only
had it going for about a month. Total?
I'd be happy man, Enjoy that nice free
homegrown dank :vaped::thumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck