Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
A Budget Grow: What's the Cheapest Set-Up Possible for 'Mids'?
    #344506 - 01/09/10 10:05 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I'm thinking of doing my first growing project, but I wanted to spend the least amount, or at least keep the price within a budget, for the grow. Would it be possible to grow at least mid-quality budz with a super-budget or is the only possibility swag?

Here's some of my specs:

1. I want to grow a Sativa. Doesn't have to be pure, just majority.

2. It will be grown indoors, inside an empty room thats about 100 Square feet.

3. I have a 5 month time-line. I can't grow no more than that (moving out in 5 months).

4. I want to just grow at least mid-quality budz. Any higher than that would be too expensive for me.

5. My budget would probably be a total of $40, including the seeds (but not including the electricity cost).

So could I grow 'mids' of a Sativa strain in which the price for the seeds, substrate, nutrients, lighting, stealth-materials, etc. would be say less than or equal to $40?

Would it be even worth it?

Would 'mid' budz like this be possible with a budget? ->

If you've done a successful "budget" grow, feel free to share what you bought, how much you spent on materials/seeds and what your final product looks like.

Thanks for your input, :happyweed:
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Edited by TrueHerbCrystal (01/09/10 10:06 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesterben
Male

. [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #344711 - 01/09/10 11:38 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Edited by sterben (01/15/10 10:37 PM)

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: A Budget Grow: What's the Cheapest Set-Up Possible for 'Mids'? [Re: sterben]
    #344746 - 01/09/10 11:59 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks sterben!

That advice is really helpful. Especially the fact you said that Indica strain takes less time to flower...good to know!

I guess I'll have to spend more than $40...Oh well, Aim High right? I like that, it really says it all...

How much do cheap, basic Indica seeds cost?

Also, I thought "mids" were just budz that were "middle of the road", ie not dank but not swag...Am I wrong?

I'll have to work on the materials now...

Anyway, thanks again sterben!! You get +5 :leaf::leaf::leaf::leaf::leaf: for your helpful notes!

Aim HIGH! :leaf:
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: A Budget Grow: What's the Cheapest Set-Up Possible for 'Mids'? [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #344760 - 01/10/10 12:05 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

How bout using a bag seed of yours. Then you dont have to pay for seeds. Also it is possible to get "mids" with cfls, but it is more difficult to do. All in all 40 dollars isnt a lot to work with man. You are gonna have to buy soil, nutes, bulbs (at least a couple). Do you have to worry about smells at all? If so add another cost. I'm not trying to discourage you, but I didnt think it would be that much to grow some decent budz and I was way wrong.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: A Budget Grow: What's the Cheapest Set-Up Possible for 'Mids'? [Re: Triptonic]
    #344816 - 01/10/10 12:55 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

35 dollars can net you a t5 setup if you don't mind modifying it.  It's not hard, just requires a drill with a metal drilling bit and some zip ties.  Everything else can be had at home depot including the light.  From there you could supplement with more cfl's if you want and can afford to.

Don't forgot that cost of grow includes soil, growing containers, nutrients, timers....40 bucks is doable if you have a light setup already, but seeing as you don't I would up your budget to 100-150 bucks total to cover everything you need for a few grows.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlinesterben
Male

. [Re: coda]
    #344849 - 01/10/10 02:39 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Edited by sterben (01/15/10 10:37 PM)

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: A Budget Grow: What's the Cheapest Set-Up Possible for 'Mids'? [Re: sterben]
    #344851 - 01/10/10 02:56 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Wow, that's quite a set-up from so little! :eek:

That's pretty cool how you have the names of the people you got the seeds from. Pretty interesting dude!

Thanks for posting the photos> Gives me a good Idea of what to expect.

I see in the bottom photos with the vegetation, you upgraded the lighting from CFL to something else and the Fan in the top right corner. What kind of lighting
is that in the bottom  vegi. one?

Also, what's a Spritzer? Is there a glossary here at the Growery to look up all the growing terms?

Thanks for the extensive post!
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Offlinesterben
Male

. [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #344854 - 01/10/10 03:10 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Edited by sterben (01/15/10 10:38 PM)

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#344861 - 01/10/10 03:38 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Excellent! You just keep giving...How can I repay you for your invaluable info?

So a spritzer is just a small spray bottle huh. I'm guessing you put nutrients and water in there huh...

Interesting technique for CO2 production...baking soda with vinegar on a drip-line, that's clever! Did you think of that yourself?

I have to say, you sure know what you are talkin' about. Great info! Its definitely got me thinking...this could be a bigger project than I thought. I previously thought that a spray bottle, some soil with a pot, a FL tube for lighting, some chain to hang the light, black paper for making it stealthy, and some seeds would be enough. I guess I was a little off!

I'ts coming in clear now...I don't have any bag seed thou, expect one that is green. In another thread, I post a photo and found out its immature and won't grow. I guess I have to buy one...

With Much Thanks :leaf:
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

P.S. Sterben, gets some sleep! You've given more than enough for me. You deserve some sleep. Than again, you could be stoned since I know I get insomnia from smoking chronic...I know I'm going to bed now, its 2:39am and I'm tired! Laters Sterben. I'm gunna have to repay you somehow for all your info you have given me....Hmmm....:rasta:

Edited by TrueHerbCrystal (01/10/10 03:41 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale