Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: pftek]
    #336462 - 12/26/09 02:43 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

pftek said:
Quote:

Triptonic said:
Key word "used to" I think you would hear a helicopter above your house. And if you heard a helicopter and then got brought to court there is a good chance that they used FLIR. Also how could they prove that you were growing if you dont tell anyone and its inside your house? They cant unless they are doing something against the law themselves. And your case would be thrown out in court.

If I were a cop this is what I would do. I'd FLIR everyone's house (which they do). Then I'd find a grow op or potential grow ops. I'd monitor that house. Get the electrical readings. Tell the judge I got an "anonymous tip" and then dig through their trash. Find something incriminating. Pull them over on a traffic violation and search their car. Do a simple Tap and Rap. Tell the judge I "smelled" marijuana. "Now" use the FLIR. "Now" check electrical bills. Got my probable cause. Get a search warrant. Done.

Although the cop uses illegal tactics he then backs it up and say he did it afterward. Cops do this shit all the time. They make shit up. Lie. They are professional liars and con artists.

An anon. Tip is not enough to get a warrent.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemoogles
    #336477 - 12/26/09 03:04 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Humbug.

Move to the woods

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #336487 - 12/26/09 03:56 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Nope not shit. I've heard choppers before but it's not FLIR sense they just pull up in front of your house in a car and do that. If I thought for one seconed they were doing that I'd just go outside and hose down the roof. Would take a few seconds and fuck up the whole FLIR reading.
I also grow in those tents and use the ones made by Secret Jardin. They are made with a material that FLIR can't read threw.

They are looking for the huge grow houses that are fully filled with plants. 3 or 4 thousand watts isn't gonna turn heads in any state.

I've only been under the lights since 1985 so what the hell do I know. :omgawesome:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinedutc2006
Grow or Die

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: moogles]
    #336488 - 12/26/09 03:57 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

This guy is about to become a cop, no wonder he is so paranoid.  Dude!  Don't become a cop.  If you want to help people, become an EMT or something.  Being a cop and trying to grow cannabis do not mesh.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: dutc2006]
    #336527 - 12/26/09 09:36 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

If I were a cop this is what I would do. I'd FLIR everyone's house (which they do). Then I'd find a grow op or potential grow ops. I'd monitor that house. Get the electrical readings. Tell the judge I got an "anonymous tip" and then dig through their trash. Find something incriminating. Pull them over on a traffic violation and search their car. Do a simple Tap and Rap. Tell the judge I "smelled" marijuana. "Now" use the FLIR. "Now" check electrical bills. Got my probable cause. Get a search warrant. Done.

Then this is just not the hobby for you.  If you keep up with this bullshit I'm locking your threads.  You do no good by spreading fear and misinformation, enough with this shit already.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlinepftek
Stranger

Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: Triptonic]
    #336559 - 12/26/09 11:11 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Triptonic said:
Quote:

pftek said:
Quote:

Triptonic said:
Key word "used to" I think you would hear a helicopter above your house. And if you heard a helicopter and then got brought to court there is a good chance that they used FLIR. Also how could they prove that you were growing if you dont tell anyone and its inside your house? They cant unless they are doing something against the law themselves. And your case would be thrown out in court.

Although the cop uses illegal tactics he then backs it up and say he did it afterward. Cops do this shit all the time. They make shit up. Lie. They are professional liars and con artists.

don't need a warrant to search through trash. or to even tap and rap (where I go and knock on your door asking to search it while threatening you).

Offlinepftek
Stranger

Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: coda]
    #336562 - 12/26/09 11:14 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Quote:

Then this is just not the hobby for you.  If you keep up with this bullshit I'm locking your threads.  You do no good by spreading fear and misinformation, enough with this shit already.

Look it's a dangerous hobby.  How is it misinformation when I posted articles that state that they do this? Also, how is it misinformation when ex-DEA agents and ex-LEO like Barry Cooper among others verify they break the law to find criminals?

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#336571 - 12/26/09 11:26 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

pftek said:
Quote:

Triptonic said:
Quote:

pftek said:
Quote:

Triptonic said:

don't need a warrant to search through trash. or to even tap and rap (where I go and knock on your door asking to search it while threatening you).

well you see, like i said before, do not throw anything away!!!

as for the "tap n rap" or "knock n talk", i think barry cooper took care of that. dont fucking answer the door. if someone knocks on your door, never open it. if you got a friend comin over, tell them to just walk in when they get to your house.

pretty simple.

-dont tell anyone youre growing weed.
-dont throw ANYTHING away in your own garbage, and only put grow related materials in the grow room trash can.
-pay your fucking bills on time.
-lastly, if you followed the steps above, you have nothing to worry about.

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #336574 - 12/26/09 11:28 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i have been made aware of my electric use out here once. Had the meter reader dude come up to me and tell me that our usuage went way up from the prvious months. I had a small furniture workshop that i had added about the same time the lights went on, so was able to explain it off to that.

However, if all you fools think that the law is going to obey the law in pursuit of a grower, your fucked and should not be doing this indoor stuff!!! From experience, cops(pigs) are dirtier then most the people they pursue. They will not follow proper channels if they know they will not get anywhere. The will lie, cheat and damn near steal to make a conviction! Probable cause, pffft! They make their own probable cause. It is your(a simple person) word against the pigs(sworn civil servant).  99.9% of the time the judge will believe the pig over anything you have to say.

If you can somehow prove the pigs violated the laws of engagement then maybe you will have a chance. But what are the odds of that really happening. Pigs have good connections, Prosecutors, D.A.'s, Judges, they people that run your community basically. You can not beat that!

It pays to be paranoid sometimes. And it always pays to be smart and to keep your mouth shut at all times. Never show friends, no matter how proud you are. 9 times out of 10 people get busted because of this carelessness. And if you can totally stay under the radar and be a normal everyday citizen the pigs will not ever be tipped off to whats going on!

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #336580 - 12/26/09 11:45 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

How is it misinformation when I posted articles that state that they do this? Also, how is it misinformation when ex-DEA agents and ex-LEO like Barry Cooper among others verify they break the law to find criminals?

Because what you posted does not apply to 99% of the personal growers.  First off he set up the "sting" in a town with KNOWN corrupt police activity.  I would place a big wager he did other things to make his "grow" look more obvious then it has to be as well.  Hell it wouldn't surprise me that he called the cops on himself to make the news.

Yes, what the cops did was shady and illegal no doubt about that.  But the fact of the matter is that cops don't spend time every day running choppers with FLIR to bust someone growing 10 plants in their house.

All said and done if you're that fucking worried about a heat signature there are plenty of heat absorbing/blocking material available to cover the ceilings of your grow area with.  Any person who has some sort of common sense can grow pot with no fear of getting busted.

Gee, not too hard to avoid the mighty, dominant, FLIR that encircles us every day.

Quote:

They are looking for the huge grow houses that are fully filled with plants. 3 or 4 thousand watts isn't gonna turn heads in any state.

+Infinity.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #336637 - 12/26/09 02:34 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

SpaceMonkey said:
i have been made aware of my electric use out here once. Had the meter reader dude come up to me and tell me that our usuage went way up from the prvious months. I had a small furniture workshop that i had added about the same time the lights went on, so was able to explain it off to that.

However, if all you fools think that the law is going to obey the law in pursuit of a grower, your fucked and should not be doing this indoor stuff!!! From experience, cops(pigs) are dirtier then most the people they pursue. They will not follow proper channels if they know they will not get anywhere. The will lie, cheat and damn near steal to make a conviction! Probable cause, pffft! They make their own probable cause. It is your(a simple person) word against the pigs(sworn civil servant).  99.9% of the time the judge will believe the pig over anything you have to say.

If you can somehow prove the pigs violated the laws of engagement then maybe you will have a chance. But what are the odds of that really happening. Pigs have good connections, Prosecutors, D.A.'s, Judges, they people that run your community basically. You can not beat that!

It pays to be paranoid sometimes. And it always pays to be smart and to keep your mouth shut at all times. Never show friends, no matter how proud you are. 9 times out of 10 people get busted because of this carelessness. And if you can totally stay under the radar and be a normal everyday citizen the pigs will not ever be tipped off to whats going on!

Yeah except you forget that electric usage alone is not enough to get a warrent and no one should know that you are growing. So really you should be confident enough with your grow room to know that you wont go to jail even if the DEA breaks down your door. All you have to ask them is how they knew you were growing. And if they cant explain it then you are scott free. Although I do suppose they could make up some bullshit excuse.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #336782 - 12/26/09 08:50 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I'm tired of this guys posts.  This forum is about the cultivation of mairjuana.  Not the security risks.  Be paranoid somwhere else.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #336785 - 12/26/09 08:51 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

He does seem like a :cop:

Offlinedutc2006
Grow or Die

Folding@home Statistics
    #336793 - 12/26/09 09:05 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Triptonic said:
He does seem like a :cop:

Well there is a guy on other forums under the same name, "pftek" asking a bunch of questions about electricity usage and saying he is about to be a cop.  Not a coincidence. With the name pftek you would think he is growing shrooms too but what shroomer wants to be a cop?!

I wonder why he has neglected to tell us that he is about to be or wants to be a cop?  What a hypocrite!  One day pftek you will be forced to bust an otherwise innocent person because of pot.  That is some fucked up corrupt shit, not to mention the most blatant conflict of interests.

Offlinepftek
Stranger

#336872 - 12/27/09 01:03 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Triptonic said:
Quote:

SpaceMonkey said:

Yeah except you forget that electric usage alone is not enough to get a warrent and no one should know that you are growing. So really you should be confident enough with your grow room to know that you wont go to jail even if the DEA breaks down your door. All you have to ask them is how they knew you were growing. And if they cant explain it then you are scott free. Although I do suppose they could make up some bullshit excuse.

Lol, cops aren't dumb for one. They are going to look for solid evidence before they break down your door, HOWEVER, they will use illegal methods first in determining the best way to proceed next.

For example, cops pull people over ALL the time for NO reason just because they SUSPECT the guy might be dealing or using. Then they'll make up a reason for the pull. You went over the line. you drove too long in a passing lane. you didn't fully stop. You went 68 in a 65. Whatever it is they'll use that to pull you over. Then they'll stick their face in your car. Say they smell weed. Force a dog to give a false positive. They'll use it to search. You can't do anything about it.

They'll use these same tactics to find grows. Shit, if you saw some guy using 5000 kwh for 18 hours a day for 30 days. I'm pretty sure this guy is growing. Why the fuck would anyone use this much energy? Then from these illegal means he would search you like a hawk. We all make mistakes from time to time. And they'll just watch you all day and night. They'll get you - LEGALLY.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#336873 - 12/27/09 01:08 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I cant believe you say cops arent dumb I think you are a :cop:

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #337004 - 12/27/09 11:39 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
enough with the fear mongering already.

This thread is done.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom