Home | Community | Message Board


World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinepftek
Stranger

Registered: 09/18/09
Posts: 137
Last seen: 11 years, 9 months
Anyone here using lots of Electricity?
    #336337 - 12/25/09 09:18 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Using generators? Wind mills? Water mills? Solar Panels?


What are you doing? Are you just using electricity? I heard that people that work for the light companies get paid $20/plant if they can catch someone.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisiblecoda


Registered: 04/20/08
Posts: 4,736
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: pftek]
    #336340 - 12/25/09 09:26 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

What's up with all your fear mongering over electricity usage?


--------------------


MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinepftek
Stranger

Registered: 09/18/09
Posts: 137
Last seen: 11 years, 9 months
Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: coda]
    #336351 - 12/25/09 09:48 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
What's up with all your fear mongering over electricity usage?




and it's not fear mongering or paranoia if it's real.
just want to stay safe. been reading stories of people getting searched just cause of electricity use. seeing how other get around this.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineFrozenReality
 User Gallery


Registered: 07/06/08
Posts: 499
Last seen: 6 years, 11 months
Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: coda]
    #336353 - 12/25/09 09:53 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
What's up with all your fear mongering over electricity usage?




Hell he is freaking me out just being on this site. Sounds like he is planning a massive indoor opperation. 5000 watts of juice being consumed in someones house 12+ hours a day is gonna draw some attention. the generator idea is crap unless you are planning something huge cause you will spend more on diesel then what a good sized crop will bring in. the windmill/watermill thing is just an impractical idea. Solar panels are gonna cost ya a good 10 grand to bring in enough juice to do a small grow. Id suggest you spend a lot of time on google maps and find a remote location outdoors for your adventures this coming spring/summer. till then just get a couple fem beans and grow them into mothers and clone the fuck out of them so everything will be ready come april. you will save a lot of money this way and less likely to get your ass thrown in jail and take down this community with you.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleTriptonic
Male


Registered: 06/14/08
Posts: 15,581
Loc: Flag
Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: FrozenReality]
    #336355 - 12/25/09 09:55 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

LOL yeah, I mean are you going to start a marijuana factory?


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineFrozenReality
 User Gallery


Registered: 07/06/08
Posts: 499
Last seen: 6 years, 11 months
Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: Triptonic]
    #336357 - 12/25/09 09:58 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Well shit there is 4 threads started by him in this section just about energy usage crap. and he was talking about getting 5000 watts of t5's which is a lot more surface area than what 5000 watts in hps/mh would take up so it sounds like he wants to do a rather large room sea of green? something like what was in one of the recent issues of high times?


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleTriptonic
Male


Registered: 06/14/08
Posts: 15,581
Loc: Flag
Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: FrozenReality]
    #336359 - 12/25/09 10:01 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I say open a marijuana factory.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineFrozenReality
 User Gallery


Registered: 07/06/08
Posts: 499
Last seen: 6 years, 11 months
Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: Triptonic]
    #336362 - 12/25/09 10:04 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I say why pay for something that you can get for free outside.

Here is one of my 13 foot beauties from last summer. If my place was searched right this second they wouldnt find a god damn trace of anything illegal in my place. Be safe, play outside.



Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleTriptonic
Male


Registered: 06/14/08
Posts: 15,581
Loc: Flag
Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: FrozenReality]
    #336363 - 12/25/09 10:05 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

lol is that the strain I got from someone......(you know)


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinepftek
Stranger

Registered: 09/18/09
Posts: 137
Last seen: 11 years, 9 months
Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: FrozenReality]
    #336377 - 12/25/09 11:15 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

FrozenReality said:
Quote:

coda said:
What's up with all your fear mongering over electricity usage?




Hell he is freaking me out just being on this site. Sounds like he is planning a massive indoor opperation. 5000 watts of juice being consumed in someones house 12+ hours a day is gonna draw some attention. the generator idea is crap unless you are planning something huge cause you will spend more on diesel then what a good sized crop will bring in. the windmill/watermill thing is just an impractical idea. Solar panels are gonna cost ya a good 10 grand to bring in enough juice to do a small grow. Id suggest you spend a lot of time on google maps and find a remote location outdoors for your adventures this coming spring/summer. till then just get a couple fem beans and grow them into mothers and clone the fuck out of them so everything will be ready come april. you will save a lot of money this way and less likely to get your ass thrown in jail and take down this community with you.




One can only dream.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery


Registered: 04/21/08
Posts: 6,633
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: pftek]
    #336399 - 12/26/09 12:07 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I know one thing. Over 6000watts of flowering light and 600watts of veg plus all the rest of the crap isn't enough to make them bat an eye. Over 10 years not a word said.


--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?


:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery


Registered: 05/31/09
Posts: 2,662
Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Last seen: 1 year, 2 months
Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: pftek]
    #336400 - 12/26/09 12:08 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

pftek said:
I heard that people that work for the light companies get paid $20/plant if they can catch someone.





????????? makes no sense.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinepftek
Stranger

Registered: 09/18/09
Posts: 137
Last seen: 11 years, 9 months
Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: Magash]
    #336402 - 12/26/09 12:10 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
I know one thing. Over 6000watts of flowering light and 600watts of veg plus all the rest of the crap isn't enough to make them bat an eye. Over 10 years not a word said.




are you saying this is you?  you've had no trouble from this? never had a helicopter scan your house?

which state?


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery


Registered: 05/31/09
Posts: 2,662
Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Last seen: 1 year, 2 months
Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: pftek]
    #336405 - 12/26/09 12:14 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

How big is your grow op going to be pftek?  You would need to tell us that in order for us to answer your question of give you a suggestion.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleTriptonic
Male


Registered: 06/14/08
Posts: 15,581
Loc: Flag
Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: pftek]
    #336417 - 12/26/09 12:48 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

pftek said:
Quote:

Magash said:
I know one thing. Over 6000watts of flowering light and 600watts of veg plus all the rest of the crap isn't enough to make them bat an eye. Over 10 years not a word said.




are you saying this is you?  you've had no trouble from this? never had a helicopter scan your house?

which state?



I believe you have been told before that it is illegal for them to "scan" your house with FLIR. Magash is in Cali I do believe.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinepftek
Stranger

Registered: 09/18/09
Posts: 137
Last seen: 11 years, 9 months
Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: Triptonic]
    #336454 - 12/26/09 04:06 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Triptonic said:
Quote:

pftek said:
Quote:

Magash said:
I know one thing. Over 6000watts of flowering light and 600watts of veg plus all the rest of the crap isn't enough to make them bat an eye. Over 10 years not a word said.




are you saying this is you?  you've had no trouble from this? never had a helicopter scan your house?

which state?



I believe you have been told before that it is illegal for them to "scan" your house with FLIR. Magash is in Cali I do believe.





Lol. Of course cops don't do anything illegal. They always follow the law. They never go do something illegal and THEN find a probable cause. They never switch it around like that. oh no. (lots of sarcasm here)

Barry Cooper (ex-DEA for 8 years) even said they used to do illegal FLIR all the time.


Edited by pftek (12/26/09 04:06 AM)


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleTriptonic
Male


Registered: 06/14/08
Posts: 15,581
Loc: Flag
Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: pftek]
    #336455 - 12/26/09 04:08 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Key word "used to" I think you would hear a helicopter above your house. And if you heard a helicopter and then got brought to court there is a good chance that they used FLIR. Also how could they prove that you were growing if you dont tell anyone and its inside your house? They cant unless they are doing something against the law themselves. And your case would be thrown out in court.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinepftek
Stranger

Registered: 09/18/09
Posts: 137
Last seen: 11 years, 9 months
Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: FrozenReality]
    #336456 - 12/26/09 04:09 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

FrozenReality said:
I say why pay for something that you can get for free outside.

Here is one of my 13 foot beauties from last summer. If my place was searched right this second they wouldnt find a god damn trace of anything illegal in my place. Be safe, play outside.






that's sweet. what was the weight dry on that bad boy?


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinepftek
Stranger

Registered: 09/18/09
Posts: 137
Last seen: 11 years, 9 months
Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: Triptonic]
    #336457 - 12/26/09 04:19 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Triptonic said:
Key word "used to" I think you would hear a helicopter above your house. And if you heard a helicopter and then got brought to court there is a good chance that they used FLIR. Also how could they prove that you were growing if you dont tell anyone and its inside your house? They cant unless they are doing something against the law themselves. And your case would be thrown out in court.




If I were a cop this is what I would do. I'd FLIR everyone's house (which they do). Then I'd find a grow op or potential grow ops. I'd monitor that house. Get the electrical readings. Tell the judge I got an "anonymous tip" and then dig through their trash. Find something incriminating. Pull them over on a traffic violation and search their car. Do a simple Tap and Rap. Tell the judge I "smelled" marijuana. "Now" use the FLIR. "Now" check electrical bills. Got my probable cause. Get a search warrant. Done.

Although the cop uses illegal tactics he then backs it up and say he did it afterward. Cops do this shit all the time. They make shit up. Lie. They are professional liars and con artists.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflinePilze
Funky Monk


Registered: 10/11/09
Posts: 770
Last seen: 8 years, 4 months
Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: Triptonic]
    #336458 - 12/26/09 04:27 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Triptonic said:
Key word "used to" I think you would hear a helicopter above your house. And if you heard a helicopter and then got brought to court there is a good chance that they used FLIR. Also how could they prove that you were growing if you dont tell anyone and its inside your house? They cant unless they are doing something against the law themselves. And your case would be thrown out in court.




exactly. dont ever throw anything away in YOUR garbage. throw away all grow materials together. never have anything personal in the bag. and either keep it till your done with the grow, or find a safe place to dispose properly of it.

and dont forget the smell. you shouldnt be able to smell a damn thing anywhere inside and especially outside of the house. only in the grow room/tent/whatever.

do this, and they cant get any evidence to get a warrant to search your house.

play it right. fuckin pay your electricity bill on time every month and youre fine. they dont give a fuck as long as you pay.

some guys in town got busted, same neighborhood, obviously connected. they had been doing this for years. one guy had 150 plants, the other guy had 300. took the cops 45 minutes to find the plants from entering the home. they had fake walls in the back of a bedroom closet downstairs. one guy was using 3-4 times as much electricity as any other house on the street, and the other guy was using 8-9 times as much as anyone on his street. they did it for years, but it was only a 2 week ivestigation after gettng a tip and them doing a trash pull and finding trimmings, a receipt, and bill in this dipshits garbage bag. so they raided and took them both down.

but they got away with that shit for years. it was a tip by someone that sold weed for them. pretty simple.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleTriptonic
Male


Registered: 06/14/08
Posts: 15,581
Loc: Flag
Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: pftek]
    #336462 - 12/26/09 04:43 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

pftek said:
Quote:

Triptonic said:
Key word "used to" I think you would hear a helicopter above your house. And if you heard a helicopter and then got brought to court there is a good chance that they used FLIR. Also how could they prove that you were growing if you dont tell anyone and its inside your house? They cant unless they are doing something against the law themselves. And your case would be thrown out in court.




If I were a cop this is what I would do. I'd FLIR everyone's house (which they do). Then I'd find a grow op or potential grow ops. I'd monitor that house. Get the electrical readings. Tell the judge I got an "anonymous tip" and then dig through their trash. Find something incriminating. Pull them over on a traffic violation and search their car. Do a simple Tap and Rap. Tell the judge I "smelled" marijuana. "Now" use the FLIR. "Now" check electrical bills. Got my probable cause. Get a search warrant. Done.

Although the cop uses illegal tactics he then backs it up and say he did it afterward. Cops do this shit all the time. They make shit up. Lie. They are professional liars and con artists.




An anon. Tip is not enough to get a warrent.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinemoogles
Registered: 09/23/09
Posts: 196
Last seen: 10 years, 1 month
Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: pftek]
    #336477 - 12/26/09 05:04 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Humbug.

Move to the woods


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery


Registered: 04/21/08
Posts: 6,633
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: pftek]
    #336487 - 12/26/09 05:56 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Nope not shit. I've heard choppers before but it's not FLIR sense they just pull up in front of your house in a car and do that. If I thought for one seconed they were doing that I'd just go outside and hose down the roof. Would take a few seconds and fuck up the whole FLIR reading.
I also grow in those tents and use the ones made by Secret Jardin. They are made with a material that FLIR can't read threw.

They are looking for the huge grow houses that are fully filled with plants. 3 or 4 thousand watts isn't gonna turn heads in any state.

I've only been under the lights since 1985 so what the hell do I know. :omgawesome:


--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?


:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinedutc2006
Grow or Die


Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 12/20/09
Posts: 199
Last seen: 5 years, 11 months
Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: moogles]
    #336488 - 12/26/09 05:57 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

This guy is about to become a cop, no wonder he is so paranoid.  Dude!  Don't become a cop.  If you want to help people, become an EMT or something.  Being a cop and trying to grow cannabis do not mesh.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisiblecoda


Registered: 04/20/08
Posts: 4,736
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: dutc2006]
    #336527 - 12/26/09 11:36 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

If I were a cop this is what I would do. I'd FLIR everyone's house (which they do). Then I'd find a grow op or potential grow ops. I'd monitor that house. Get the electrical readings. Tell the judge I got an "anonymous tip" and then dig through their trash. Find something incriminating. Pull them over on a traffic violation and search their car. Do a simple Tap and Rap. Tell the judge I "smelled" marijuana. "Now" use the FLIR. "Now" check electrical bills. Got my probable cause. Get a search warrant. Done.




Then this is just not the hobby for you.  If you keep up with this bullshit I'm locking your threads.  You do no good by spreading fear and misinformation, enough with this shit already.


--------------------


MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinepftek
Stranger

Registered: 09/18/09
Posts: 137
Last seen: 11 years, 9 months
Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: Triptonic]
    #336559 - 12/26/09 01:11 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Triptonic said:
Quote:

pftek said:
Quote:

Triptonic said:
Key word "used to" I think you would hear a helicopter above your house. And if you heard a helicopter and then got brought to court there is a good chance that they used FLIR. Also how could they prove that you were growing if you dont tell anyone and its inside your house? They cant unless they are doing something against the law themselves. And your case would be thrown out in court.




If I were a cop this is what I would do. I'd FLIR everyone's house (which they do). Then I'd find a grow op or potential grow ops. I'd monitor that house. Get the electrical readings. Tell the judge I got an "anonymous tip" and then dig through their trash. Find something incriminating. Pull them over on a traffic violation and search their car. Do a simple Tap and Rap. Tell the judge I "smelled" marijuana. "Now" use the FLIR. "Now" check electrical bills. Got my probable cause. Get a search warrant. Done.

Although the cop uses illegal tactics he then backs it up and say he did it afterward. Cops do this shit all the time. They make shit up. Lie. They are professional liars and con artists.




An anon. Tip is not enough to get a warrent.




don't need a warrant to search through trash. or to even tap and rap (where I go and knock on your door asking to search it while threatening you).


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinepftek
Stranger

Registered: 09/18/09
Posts: 137
Last seen: 11 years, 9 months
Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: coda]
    #336562 - 12/26/09 01:14 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Quote:

If I were a cop this is what I would do. I'd FLIR everyone's house (which they do). Then I'd find a grow op or potential grow ops. I'd monitor that house. Get the electrical readings. Tell the judge I got an "anonymous tip" and then dig through their trash. Find something incriminating. Pull them over on a traffic violation and search their car. Do a simple Tap and Rap. Tell the judge I "smelled" marijuana. "Now" use the FLIR. "Now" check electrical bills. Got my probable cause. Get a search warrant. Done.




Then this is just not the hobby for you.  If you keep up with this bullshit I'm locking your threads.  You do no good by spreading fear and misinformation, enough with this shit already.




Look it's a dangerous hobby.  How is it misinformation when I posted articles that state that they do this? Also, how is it misinformation when ex-DEA agents and ex-LEO like Barry Cooper among others verify they break the law to find criminals?


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflinePilze
Funky Monk


Registered: 10/11/09
Posts: 770
Last seen: 8 years, 4 months
Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: pftek]
    #336571 - 12/26/09 01:26 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

pftek said:
Quote:

Triptonic said:
Quote:

pftek said:
Quote:

Triptonic said:
Key word "used to" I think you would hear a helicopter above your house. And if you heard a helicopter and then got brought to court there is a good chance that they used FLIR. Also how could they prove that you were growing if you dont tell anyone and its inside your house? They cant unless they are doing something against the law themselves. And your case would be thrown out in court.




If I were a cop this is what I would do. I'd FLIR everyone's house (which they do). Then I'd find a grow op or potential grow ops. I'd monitor that house. Get the electrical readings. Tell the judge I got an "anonymous tip" and then dig through their trash. Find something incriminating. Pull them over on a traffic violation and search their car. Do a simple Tap and Rap. Tell the judge I "smelled" marijuana. "Now" use the FLIR. "Now" check electrical bills. Got my probable cause. Get a search warrant. Done.

Although the cop uses illegal tactics he then backs it up and say he did it afterward. Cops do this shit all the time. They make shit up. Lie. They are professional liars and con artists.




An anon. Tip is not enough to get a warrent.




don't need a warrant to search through trash. or to even tap and rap (where I go and knock on your door asking to search it while threatening you).




well you see, like i said before, do not throw anything away!!!

as for the "tap n rap" or "knock n talk", i think barry cooper took care of that. dont fucking answer the door. if someone knocks on your door, never open it. if you got a friend comin over, tell them to just walk in when they get to your house.

pretty simple.

-dont tell anyone youre growing weed.
-dont throw ANYTHING away in your own garbage, and only put grow related materials in the grow room trash can.
-pay your fucking bills on time.
-lastly, if you followed the steps above, you have nothing to worry about.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male


Registered: 02/09/09
Posts: 3,471
Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Last seen: 1 year, 2 months
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: pftek]
    #336574 - 12/26/09 01:28 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i have been made aware of my electric use out here once. Had the meter reader dude come up to me and tell me that our usuage went way up from the prvious months. I had a small furniture workshop that i had added about the same time the lights went on, so was able to explain it off to that.

However, if all you fools think that the law is going to obey the law in pursuit of a grower, your fucked and should not be doing this indoor stuff!!! From experience, cops(pigs) are dirtier then most the people they pursue. They will not follow proper channels if they know they will not get anywhere. The will lie, cheat and damn near steal to make a conviction! Probable cause, pffft! They make their own probable cause. It is your(a simple person) word against the pigs(sworn civil servant).  99.9% of the time the judge will believe the pig over anything you have to say.

If you can somehow prove the pigs violated the laws of engagement then maybe you will have a chance. But what are the odds of that really happening. Pigs have good connections, Prosecutors, D.A.'s, Judges, they people that run your community basically. You can not beat that!

It pays to be paranoid sometimes. And it always pays to be smart and to keep your mouth shut at all times. Never show friends, no matter how proud you are. 9 times out of 10 people get busted because of this carelessness. And if you can totally stay under the radar and be a normal everyday citizen the pigs will not ever be tipped off to whats going on!


--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisiblecoda


Registered: 04/20/08
Posts: 4,736
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #336580 - 12/26/09 01:45 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

  How is it misinformation when I posted articles that state that they do this? Also, how is it misinformation when ex-DEA agents and ex-LEO like Barry Cooper among others verify they break the law to find criminals?





Because what you posted does not apply to 99% of the personal growers.  First off he set up the "sting" in a town with KNOWN corrupt police activity.  I would place a big wager he did other things to make his "grow" look more obvious then it has to be as well.  Hell it wouldn't surprise me that he called the cops on himself to make the news.

Yes, what the cops did was shady and illegal no doubt about that.  But the fact of the matter is that cops don't spend time every day running choppers with FLIR to bust someone growing 10 plants in their house.

All said and done if you're that fucking worried about a heat signature there are plenty of heat absorbing/blocking material available to cover the ceilings of your grow area with.  Any person who has some sort of common sense can grow pot with no fear of getting busted.

Gee, not too hard to avoid the mighty, dominant, FLIR that encircles us every day.

Quote:

They are looking for the huge grow houses that are fully filled with plants. 3 or 4 thousand watts isn't gonna turn heads in any state.





+Infinity.


--------------------


MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleTriptonic
Male


Registered: 06/14/08
Posts: 15,581
Loc: Flag
Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #336637 - 12/26/09 04:34 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

SpaceMonkey said:
i have been made aware of my electric use out here once. Had the meter reader dude come up to me and tell me that our usuage went way up from the prvious months. I had a small furniture workshop that i had added about the same time the lights went on, so was able to explain it off to that.

However, if all you fools think that the law is going to obey the law in pursuit of a grower, your fucked and should not be doing this indoor stuff!!! From experience, cops(pigs) are dirtier then most the people they pursue. They will not follow proper channels if they know they will not get anywhere. The will lie, cheat and damn near steal to make a conviction! Probable cause, pffft! They make their own probable cause. It is your(a simple person) word against the pigs(sworn civil servant).  99.9% of the time the judge will believe the pig over anything you have to say.

If you can somehow prove the pigs violated the laws of engagement then maybe you will have a chance. But what are the odds of that really happening. Pigs have good connections, Prosecutors, D.A.'s, Judges, they people that run your community basically. You can not beat that!

It pays to be paranoid sometimes. And it always pays to be smart and to keep your mouth shut at all times. Never show friends, no matter how proud you are. 9 times out of 10 people get busted because of this carelessness. And if you can totally stay under the radar and be a normal everyday citizen the pigs will not ever be tipped off to whats going on!



Yeah except you forget that electric usage alone is not enough to get a warrent and no one should know that you are growing. So really you should be confident enough with your grow room to know that you wont go to jail even if the DEA breaks down your door. All you have to ask them is how they knew you were growing. And if they cant explain it then you are scott free. Although I do suppose they could make up some bullshit excuse.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery


Registered: 12/05/08
Posts: 13,457
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: pftek]
    #336782 - 12/26/09 10:50 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I'm tired of this guys posts.  This forum is about the cultivation of mairjuana.  Not the security risks.  Be paranoid somwhere else.


--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleTriptonic
Male


Registered: 06/14/08
Posts: 15,581
Loc: Flag
Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #336785 - 12/26/09 10:51 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

He does seem like a :cop:


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinedutc2006
Grow or Die


Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 12/20/09
Posts: 199
Last seen: 5 years, 11 months
Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: Triptonic]
    #336793 - 12/26/09 11:05 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Triptonic said:
He does seem like a :cop:




Well there is a guy on other forums under the same name, "pftek" asking a bunch of questions about electricity usage and saying he is about to be a cop.  Not a coincidence. With the name pftek you would think he is growing shrooms too but what shroomer wants to be a cop?!

I wonder why he has neglected to tell us that he is about to be or wants to be a cop?  What a hypocrite!  One day pftek you will be forced to bust an otherwise innocent person because of pot.  That is some fucked up corrupt shit, not to mention the most blatant conflict of interests.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinepftek
Stranger

Registered: 09/18/09
Posts: 137
Last seen: 11 years, 9 months
Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: Triptonic]
    #336872 - 12/27/09 03:03 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Triptonic said:
Quote:

SpaceMonkey said:
i have been made aware of my electric use out here once. Had the meter reader dude come up to me and tell me that our usuage went way up from the prvious months. I had a small furniture workshop that i had added about the same time the lights went on, so was able to explain it off to that.

However, if all you fools think that the law is going to obey the law in pursuit of a grower, your fucked and should not be doing this indoor stuff!!! From experience, cops(pigs) are dirtier then most the people they pursue. They will not follow proper channels if they know they will not get anywhere. The will lie, cheat and damn near steal to make a conviction! Probable cause, pffft! They make their own probable cause. It is your(a simple person) word against the pigs(sworn civil servant).  99.9% of the time the judge will believe the pig over anything you have to say.

If you can somehow prove the pigs violated the laws of engagement then maybe you will have a chance. But what are the odds of that really happening. Pigs have good connections, Prosecutors, D.A.'s, Judges, they people that run your community basically. You can not beat that!

It pays to be paranoid sometimes. And it always pays to be smart and to keep your mouth shut at all times. Never show friends, no matter how proud you are. 9 times out of 10 people get busted because of this carelessness. And if you can totally stay under the radar and be a normal everyday citizen the pigs will not ever be tipped off to whats going on!



Yeah except you forget that electric usage alone is not enough to get a warrent and no one should know that you are growing. So really you should be confident enough with your grow room to know that you wont go to jail even if the DEA breaks down your door. All you have to ask them is how they knew you were growing. And if they cant explain it then you are scott free. Although I do suppose they could make up some bullshit excuse.




Lol, cops aren't dumb for one. They are going to look for solid evidence before they break down your door, HOWEVER, they will use illegal methods first in determining the best way to proceed next.

For example, cops pull people over ALL the time for NO reason just because they SUSPECT the guy might be dealing or using. Then they'll make up a reason for the pull. You went over the line. you drove too long in a passing lane. you didn't fully stop. You went 68 in a 65. Whatever it is they'll use that to pull you over. Then they'll stick their face in your car. Say they smell weed. Force a dog to give a false positive. They'll use it to search. You can't do anything about it.

They'll use these same tactics to find grows. Shit, if you saw some guy using 5000 kwh for 18 hours a day for 30 days. I'm pretty sure this guy is growing. Why the fuck would anyone use this much energy? Then from these illegal means he would search you like a hawk. We all make mistakes from time to time. And they'll just watch you all day and night. They'll get you - LEGALLY.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleTriptonic
Male


Registered: 06/14/08
Posts: 15,581
Loc: Flag
Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: pftek]
    #336873 - 12/27/09 03:08 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I cant believe you say cops arent dumb I think you are a :cop:


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisiblecoda

Registered: 04/20/08
Posts: 4,736
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Anyone here using lots of Electricity? [Re: pftek]
    #337004 - 12/27/09 01:39 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
enough with the fear mongering already.

This thread is done.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Starting An Outdoor Grow and Worried about Helicopters DataM 2,992 3 12/31/08 03:28 AM
by perosiste
* HID lights DON'T use a lot of power!
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Hanky 113,794 120 08/16/14 01:02 PM
by Guy Fawkes
* How much would a 150watt grow raise my electricity bill? How much does YOUR grow raise YOUR bill?
( 1 2 all )
RobMarley420 25,773 23 06/26/10 06:34 AM
by lostinbq
* Electricity problem DJ_avocado 7,114 12 07/07/10 09:21 PM
by fungi
* Electrical Use in aparments. Plantasia 1,999 4 01/21/10 07:54 PM
by shags420
* Helicopters? lopan 4,580 12 10/06/08 08:49 PM
by lopan
* Questions about being spotted by helicopters... please help! erikm 10,496 11 03/22/10 01:06 PM
by TomCollins
* Deleted Spiritual Ganja 739 2 10/18/13 10:35 AM
by Spiritual Ganja

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: FurrowedBrow, Magash, Data, Dr. Siekadellyk, phychotron
9,475 topic views. 3 members, 45 guests and 14 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Print Topic | ]
Search this thread:
Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2021 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.041 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.