Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Switzerland
    #323447 - 11/30/09 04:06 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Edited by Hawksresurrection (11/30/09 04:11 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Re: Switzerland [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #323460 - 11/30/09 04:41 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I wonder how many bombs are gonna go off in Switzerland now.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineTomCollins

Re: Switzerland [Re: Magash]
    #323468 - 11/30/09 05:09 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I lived outside of Geneva for a couple of years, and all I can say is it doesn't surprise me.

The swiss tend to be a little zenophobic sometimes. Especially in the German region. Whenever I visited Zürich, I would always see large posters with phrases like "Aus Mit Dem Ausländeren!" Here are some of my favorite posters:

Deportations are pretty common and getting a residence visa in Switzerland is near impossible if your not white now a days. Bottom line, the arabic and muslim communities are not large in any way in Switzerland and I would imagine they live in complete fear of the Swiss.

I doubt anything would happen. Trust me, these people regardless of the way they are treated there, consider themselves fortunate above all to live in such a country.

Don't forget the extreme militaristic nature of the Swiss. Every male over 18 is a fully trained GI with Heckler and Koch rifles in their homes. I think if any bombs ever went off in Switzerland as a result of this, the retaliation would... well... lol.... just the small time aggression from Swiss citizens would be incomparable to the reaction from the Government.

Don't expect to hear much about this. That country is locked down, the immigrants are suppressed and the government will do whatever it deems necessary to ensure the sanctity, purity and conservation of Switzerland and it's citizens.

Bottom line: the Swiss honestly do not give a shit what the outside world thinks of them, and they do not like immigrants. If anything, this is just one small step for the swiss in eliminating their country of all outsiders.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Offlinemeatcakeman
You Have Heard of the Yetti
Male

Re: Switzerland [Re: TomCollins]
    #323472 - 11/30/09 05:28 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Spency said:
I lived outside of Geneva for a couple of years, and all I can say is it doesn't surprise me.

The swiss tend to be a little zenophobic sometimes. Especially in the German region. Whenever I visited Z�rich, I would always see large posters with phrases like "Aus Mit Dem Ausl�nderen!" Here are some of my favorite posters:

Deportations are pretty common and getting a residence visa in Switzerland is near impossible if your not white now a days. Bottom line, the arabic and muslim communities are not large in any way in Switzerland and I would imagine they live in complete fear of the Swiss.

I doubt anything would happen. Trust me, these people regardless of the way they are treated there, consider themselves fortunate above all to live in such a country.

Don't forget the extreme militaristic nature of the Swiss. Every male over 18 is a fully trained GI with Heckler and Koch rifles in their homes. I think if any bombs ever went off in Switzerland as a result of this, the retaliation would... well... lol.... just the small time aggression from Swiss citizens would be incomparable to the reaction from the Government.

Don't expect to hear much about this. That country is locked down, the immigrants are suppressed and the government will do whatever it deems necessary to ensure the sanctity, purity and conservation of Switzerland and it's citizens.

Bottom line: the Swiss honestly do not give a shit what the outside world thinks of them, and they do not like immigrants. If anything, this is just one small step for the swiss in eliminating their country of all outsiders.

Can you translate those posters?

--------------------
sǝıqɐq ɹɐʇ

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Re: Switzerland [Re: meatcakeman]
    #323475 - 11/30/09 06:15 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I was about to say the same thing.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
    #323488 - 11/30/09 08:51 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Good for them.  Fuck ugly ass Muslim buildings.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Re: Switzerland [Re: SmOakland]
    #323494 - 11/30/09 09:22 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

even without the translations the pictures themselves seem pretty bigoted and purist to me

--------------------

OfflineTomCollins

#323545 - 11/30/09 11:45 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

meatcakeman said:

The first one says "to create security."

The second one translates "Open the door to abuse? NO!"

The last one is hard to translate but it basically means "the way people become citizens." Or at least I think so.

A friend of mine explained it once to me. He said the poster is complaining that the citizenship program is too lenient and that citizenship is just being given away. I was surprised by this, because it's extremely difficult to get a Swiss citizenship as it is unless you are actually in some way Swiss - and people were advocating for an even stricter citizenship program.

Granted, these posters are just from one political party. I think they're pretty popular though.

--EDIT--
Yeap, just looked it up: the party holds the popular vote. :oogle: Didn't expect that.
--EDIT--

I remember I knew a group of Sri Lanken refugees who traveled an hour a day from their homes, to go work at an international school as cooks. Some of these guys had pretty respectable sounding degrees too. One of them who was a cleaner, claims he was a professor in Sri Lanka. I'm not sure what the story was entirely but basically, the gist is no legitimate swiss business was willing to hire them. :undecided:

I kind of ignored a lot of this stuff while I was there though so I can't comment on too much on it because I don't know what the situation is like exactly. However just from what I've seen personally, I kind of found it very difficult to believe I was in one of the most Western, wealthiest and layed back countries in the world.

I have to say though... I see where the swiss are coming from. Places like Berlin, which have a massive immigrant population are dilapidated and crime infested. I hate to say it, but this city is a very miserable place. Someone told me the crime percentage is higher here than in NYC. I don't know if that's true though.

Then you go to a place like Bern and it's perfect. I remember when I visited for the first time the streets seemed so clean you could eat off them. Everything synchronized. Everyone is out and about, sipping coffee, smoking cigarettes and waffing down fondue. Cobble stone streets, medieval alley ways, wonderful aromas filling the air. I dunno... there was just this strange aura of a utopic lifestyle. I have to say, that city blew me away. It just seemed perfect in every way. The reason for this is because there is little to no immigrants in that town. The swiss realize this.

I'm not zenophobic or racist... but the connection between immigration, crime and just overall degradation of society is undeniable. I'm sure there are exceptions to this, but at least in Europe from what I've seen... this tends to be the paradigm.

P.S.

Good dank there though. :tongue:

--------------------
andyistic said:
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Edited by TomCollins (11/30/09 11:56 AM)

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
    #323593 - 11/30/09 01:42 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah just look at Paris.  I know people who have had their cars burned by muslims there.

Offlinemeatcakeman
You Have Heard of the Yetti
Male

#323775 - 11/30/09 04:36 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Spency said:
Quote:

meatcakeman said:

The first one says "to create security."

The second one translates "Open the door to abuse? NO!"

The last one is hard to translate but it basically means "the way people become citizens." Or at least I think so.

A friend of mine explained it once to me. He said the poster is complaining that the citizenship program is too lenient and that citizenship is just being given away. I was surprised by this, because it's extremely difficult to get a Swiss citizenship as it is unless you are actually in some way Swiss - and people were advocating for an even stricter citizenship program.

Granted, these posters are just from one political party. I think they're pretty popular though.

--EDIT--
Yeap, just looked it up: the party holds the popular vote. :oogle: Didn't expect that.
--EDIT--

I remember I knew a group of Sri Lanken refugees who traveled an hour a day from their homes, to go work at an international school as cooks. Some of these guys had pretty respectable sounding degrees too. One of them who was a cleaner, claims he was a professor in Sri Lanka. I'm not sure what the story was entirely but basically, the gist is no legitimate swiss business was willing to hire them. :undecided:

I kind of ignored a lot of this stuff while I was there though so I can't comment on too much on it because I don't know what the situation is like exactly. However just from what I've seen personally, I kind of found it very difficult to believe I was in one of the most Western, wealthiest and layed back countries in the world.

I have to say though... I see where the swiss are coming from. Places like Berlin, which have a massive immigrant population are dilapidated and crime infested. I hate to say it, but this city is a very miserable place. Someone told me the crime percentage is higher here than in NYC. I don't know if that's true though.

Then you go to a place like Bern and it's perfect. I remember when I visited for the first time the streets seemed so clean you could eat off them. Everything synchronized. Everyone is out and about, sipping coffee, smoking cigarettes and waffing down fondue. Cobble stone streets, medieval alley ways, wonderful aromas filling the air. I dunno... there was just this strange aura of a utopic lifestyle. I have to say, that city blew me away. It just seemed perfect in every way. The reason for this is because there is little to no immigrants in that town. The swiss realize this.

I'm not zenophobic or racist... but the connection between immigration, crime and just overall degradation of society is undeniable. I'm sure there are exceptions to this, but at least in Europe from what I've seen... this tends to be the paradigm.

P.S.

Good dank there though. :tongue:

I see posters like that in China; very suggestive and borderline propaganda.

I'm not surprised, though. Countries with a very high density of indigenous peoples are usually subject to very ethnocentric ideals; look at the Middle East.

--------------------
sǝıqɐq ɹɐʇ

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #323804 - 11/30/09 05:02 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

maybe the jews will try to exterminate the muslims

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Re: Switzerland [Re: Picklez]
    #323808 - 11/30/09 05:03 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

that would be an odd change

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybinMike
T.F.Y.Q.A
Male User Gallery

#323997 - 11/30/09 07:43 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I went to Switzerland one time when I was 11. I had no idea who Albert Hoffman was. It'd be so much different going back there knowing what I now know. If you think about it you'd have to consider Switzerland the birth place of LSD and home to it's father.

I might go back there some day. I actually have family that lives out there.

--------------------

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVZBTAYm3rw

OfflineTomCollins

Re: Switzerland [Re: PsilocybinMike]
    #324299 - 11/30/09 11:53 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

PsilocybinMike said:
If you think about it you'd have to consider Switzerland the birth place of LSD and home to it's father.

What does that have to do with anything? :confused:

--------------------
andyistic said:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order