Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Loc: CANADA
The Coleus Blumei Thread (Solenostemon Scutellarioides)
    #317937 - 11/18/09 04:30 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Coleus Blumei or Solenostemon Scutellarioides has been reported by enough sources through the ages as having psychosomatic, dreamlike and hallucinatory effects that it bears a serious investigation by those of us interested.

It would seem enough of us are interested in exploring the psychosomatic effects of Coleus and the tek/botany of the mystery of this plant so I created a thread for us to collaborate.

I am currently growing Coleus and have grown a lot of it outdoors in my life...never realizing it could get me high...lol.

All my information so far is simply google and wiki research.

What we need is those with the knowledge and skills to actually try and determine what part of Coleus contains/causes the effect and then how can it be most effectively be extracted and imbibed.

This is the paramount problem with Coleus...what is it that makes people trip on it and how can that be best extracted, condensed, augmented and imbibed. 

My current knowledge is the following:

Coleus Blumei, by chewing fresh leaves or using many leaves 50-100 in a long brewed tea or mincing the leaves very fine to mix with food will induce a psychosomatic experience similar to shrooms that takes 15 minutes to kick in, is very "dreamlike" and hallucinatory and lasts about 2 hours.

Coleus tastes awful.  Extremely bitter and nothing seems to be able to mask it.  Coleus when dried has no effect.  Smoking it wet or dry has little or no effect.  Most people feel nauseous when taking it, but claim it quickly passes with the onset of the effects kicking in.

Coleus flowers have been dried and smoked with various claims of it working and others claiming it does not work.  More reports of the fresh leaves being the best source of the effects and that a significant amount of leaves needs to be used.  People using 50+ leaves seem to hit a good bang.  Anything less...mixed results.  Almost everyone trying less than 10 leaves...claim mild or no effect.

I am growing 10 Coleus currently as I like to grow things and Coleus grows well indoors, requiring much less light than weed but they will take a long time to complete.

Coleus are very cheap at garden stores when in season.  Some breeds will not work at all, Coleus Blumei being the one that most claim results with.

Coleus are extremely LEGAL in the USA and Canada.

Very little research about Coleus has been conducted related to this.

Coleus have been imbibed for their effects for centuries by Mazatec natives (Mexico/South America) claiming they aid the spiritual journey of their minds etc.  How they imbibed them is unknown.

Considering experimenting with fresh leaves or semi fresh leaves in a Hookah as it is a wet tobacco smoking device.  As we have assumed, the problem with burning wet leaves like a joint does not work well at all, and dried leaves have no effect.  Furthermore, intense heat seems to kill whatever is in the leaf that causes the effect.  Now given that a Hookah burns substances at a much lower heat level, about 10% of the heat produced in a joint or cigarette, it might be a solution.

ACTIVE CONSTITUENTS:  Uncertain, believed to be an unstable crystalline polyhydric alcohol.  This could explain why drying and burning them removes the effect.

Links:

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=65162
http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=55102
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coleus
http://www.erowid.org/plants/coleus/coleus_info1.shtml

--------------------
"I never post unless high.  Well that does explain a lot then."

"The best part about going to sleep each night is knowing that my plants will have grown more when I wake up in the morning."

"I smoked it then I became so tired that my eyes shut down automatically without my consent" - My Chinese GF, Oct 23, 2009 :smile:

Starting your first GROW, things you should ask/answer before you do

Current Grow Journal

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: The Coleus Blumei Thread (Solenostemon Scutellarioides) [Re: Azyle00]
    #318021 - 11/18/09 06:33 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

This shit grew at my school, so I smoked some of it and it tasted shitty and did nothing.

OfflineTomCollins

Re: The Coleus Blumei Thread (Solenostemon Scutellarioides) [Re: SmOakland]
    #318295 - 11/19/09 12:34 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Worth a shot.

Considering you have to eat 50-70 leaves, I'd make a nice salad out of it. :tongue:

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Loc: CANADA
Re: The Coleus Blumei Thread (Solenostemon Scutellarioides) [Re: TomCollins]
    #318675 - 11/19/09 05:23 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

It is not necessary to actually eat them as it seems sucking and chewing them for 20 minutes will absorb it similar, but that is quite the chew wad.

OfflineTomCollins

Re: The Coleus Blumei Thread (Solenostemon Scutellarioides) [Re: Azyle00]
    #318779 - 11/19/09 07:59 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Lol, yeap. Take a picture with all the leaves stuffed in your mouth then post it on here. :rofl:

--------------------
andyistic said:
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

OfflineOjom
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Coleus Blumei Thread (Solenostemon Scutellarioides) [Re: TomCollins]
    #320838 - 11/24/09 12:37 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Is there any way to keep these from flowering? I've got two that I took as cuttings from outdoor plants and one of them is starting to flower indoors under an 18/6 CFL lighting schedule.

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Re: The Coleus Blumei Thread (Solenostemon Scutellarioides) [Re: Ojom]
    #320992 - 11/24/09 11:19 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I have grown coleus for years too.

I also have seen the effects of it on a person. Some young guy ingested a bunch of it and he went on a trip which sent him to a padded room for the duration of his ride. I don't have details of how much he took or how, but i run into him fishing the night of this trip. And i can honestly say, he was out there in orbit somewhere. Ironically he waslked past my house where i had coleus growing in my front window along the sidewalk. He stopped with a friend outside my window and was explaining to his friend that the plant was what made him trip. So i talked story with him for a moment and he told me a little about his experience, mostly that someone had reported him for being highly intoxicated and was picked up and brought to the hospital.

He was not violent or anything of that sort. He looked like he was having a good time when i saw him. Very mellow and talking about the visions he was seeing. (sounded crazy). But i have not really wanted to go on that kinda trip, so have never tried any of it.

Pretty plants though! :cool:

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Offlineyageman
Stranger
Re: The Coleus Blumei Thread (Solenostemon Scutellarioides) [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #322695 - 11/28/09 03:30 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SpaceMonkey said:

I also have seen the effects of it on a person. Some young guy ingested a bunch of it and he went on a trip which sent him to a padded room for the duration of his ride. I don't have details of how much he took or how, but i run into him fishing the night of this trip. And i can honestly say, he was out there in orbit somewhere. Ironically he waslked past my house where i had coleus growing in my front window along the sidewalk. He stopped with a friend outside my window and was explaining to his friend that the plant was what made him trip. So i talked story with him for a moment and he told me a little about his experience, mostly that someone had reported him for being highly intoxicated and was picked up and brought to the hospital.

He was not violent or anything of that sort. He looked like he was having a good time when i saw him. Very mellow and talking about the visions he was seeing. (sounded crazy). But i have not really wanted to go on that kinda trip, so have never tried any of it.

Lol....
Yer a dick for posting that.
It has its effects but come on man.
Stop spreading shitty information.
It is the most mild mind altering substance I have ever tried.
Basically, most people would not feel it even at high doses.

So thats the skinny on c blumei.
  You will be let down unless you are genuinely interested in its subtle effects.  Most people wouldnt feel a damn thing.
I can feel it, but that probably has something to do with the fact that I can feel/trip off of .1 grams of mushrooms.

It will let you down, unless you are a psychedelic weirdo.
There is something to it though.
Its nothing too significant.

Offlinegroovy
Stranger
Re: The Coleus Blumei Thread (Solenostemon Scutellarioides) [Re: yageman]
    #322705 - 11/28/09 04:11 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

yageman said:
Quote:

SpaceMonkey said:

Lol....
Yer a dick for posting that.
It has its effects but come on man.
Stop spreading shitty information.
It is the most mild mind altering substance I have ever tried.
Basically, most people would not feel it even at high doses.

So thats the skinny on c blumei.
  You will be let down unless you are genuinely interested in its subtle effects.  Most people wouldnt feel a damn thing.
I can feel it, but that probably has something to do with the fact that I can feel/trip off of .1 grams of mushrooms.

It will let you down, unless you are a psychedelic weirdo.
There is something to it though.
Its nothing too significant.

why not try making a sort of extract, then? :smile:

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Re: The Coleus Blumei Thread (Solenostemon Scutellarioides) [Re: groovy]
    #322714 - 11/28/09 04:30 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I'm a dick for posting that?

Why? because i shared an experience with you all?

But ok, this coming from a person that can trip on a tenth of a gram!

In no way did i imply that this happened to me or that i had first hand experience of this plant's psychoactive qualities. I think i even said as much up in the post? Information was something i witnessed. Take it for what it is and learn how to read and understand what your reading.

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

OfflineCannaboid
Gang Green Gang
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #322717 - 11/28/09 05:22 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

yageman said:
:bitch:

Wow. It's not like Space is making up random things, he was talking about an experience someone had. :vineclimb:

--------------------

Offlineyageman
Stranger
Re: The Coleus Blumei Thread (Solenostemon Scutellarioides) [Re: Cannaboid]
    #323283 - 11/29/09 10:15 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Cannaboid said:
Quote:

yageman said:
:bitch:

Wow. It's not like Space is making up random things, he was talking about an experience someone had. :vineclimb:

Alright buddy.
Go use 50 leaves and come back to tell us your epic story.

Thanks for the rating ya dingleberry.
I was just trying to paint a picture for all those who have not used this damn near inactive plant.
This report is bs.
Believe me, I know it is.

OfflineTomCollins

#323558 - 11/30/09 12:18 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Ok man, some people react differently to different drugs. Many varying factors play into this kind of stuff as well. For example: Are you sure you chewed the right stuff? :tongue:

--------------------
andyistic said:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds