Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

Loc: Florida
has anyone seen documents of growth rate increase feeding plants brown sugar?
    #54554 - 06/09/08 11:19 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

for example, here is a plant with brown sugar fed to the soil:

here is a plant WITHOUT brown sugar fed to the soil:

etc.

anywhere? I'm hoping this increase will help my plants vegetate faster, and nitrogen fixing bacteria live on brown sugar also, right?

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

b*tch*s shouldn't call me a retard..

and this shit... "I like to drink tea, lift weights, punch shit, have sex with girls"....

is gay as f**k

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

Re: has anyone seen documents of growth rate increase feeding plants brown sugar? [Re: Iamasmoker]
    #54578 - 06/10/08 12:05 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

i don't see any plants

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

Re: has anyone seen documents of growth rate increase feeding plants brown sugar? [Re: usg543]
    #54589 - 06/10/08 12:40 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

it was meant to be an example, I don't have the examples, I was wondering if there WERE examples.

Moderator edit: Removed flames

Edited by Sirius (06/11/08 05:26 AM)

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

Re: has anyone seen documents of growth rate increase feeding plants brown sugar? [Re: Iamasmoker]
    #54676 - 06/10/08 09:24 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

idk, but this is all i could find...

Quote:

9. Liquid molasses, dry molasses powder, brown sugar, corn syrup - source of fast consuming sugars for feeding and breeding the aerobic bacteria in compost teas. Most microherd populations love the high carbon content in sugar products. Sugars are best dissolved and broken down by microbes in compost tea that has brewed at least 1-3 days, before applying to the soil. If too much sugar is added on soil straight as a topdressing, it may cause a temporary nitrogen deficiency in the soil as the microherd populations grow too fast. Molasses also contains sulfur which acts as a mild natural fungicide also. Molasses is also a great natural deodorizer for fishy teas. NOTE: Recent studies have shown that unsulfured molasses or dry molasses powder is best for faster aerobic microbial growth in tea brewing. For a more fungal tea don't add too much simple sugar or molasses to your aerobic teas. Use more complex sugars, starches and carbohydrates like in seaweed, rotten fruit, soy sauce, or other fungal foods.

couldn't find a side by side grow with pictures but:

http://www.growingedge.com/community/archive/read.php3?c=IN&q=777

Quote:

I conducted an experiment for my biology class regarding the effect of sugar water on plants. After about two weeks the flowers were the brightest colors I'd ever seen, a beautiful full green color in the leaves and bright mixtures of orange and yellow in the flowers. I used marigolds, and my experiment was quite a success.

Quote:

In year 8 science we had to conduct a plant experiment. I chose to find the effect of sugar and salt on basil. The sugar watered basils grew very well. Their leaves turned out perfect and very green--much better than the salt or normal water!

Quote:

I was doing a science project and I grew three plants: one with salt water, one with regular water, and one with sugar water. The one that grew best was the one with sugar! I thought it would be the one with normal water, but it wasn’t!

although most said it didn't help... they just say sugar though and not brown sugar, but maybe that will help :wink:

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

Re: has anyone seen documents of growth rate increase feeding plants brown sugar? [Re: usg543]
    #55063 - 06/10/08 08:17 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

no, actually, thanks

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

and this shit... "I like to drink tea, lift weights, punch shit, have sex with girls"....

is gay as f**k

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
    #55265 - 06/11/08 12:25 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Growing Edge reader Mr. Green Thumb replies:
Glucose is what’s making your plants grow better. Sugar is glucose. The plants that rotted probably got too much sugar. White sugar also contains bleach--a chemical that plants don’t like. Plants are different like people--they tend to like different things.

--------------------

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

Re: has anyone seen documents of growth rate increase feeding plants brown sugar? [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #64454 - 06/23/08 08:12 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

thanks

i've heard white sugar makes your plants grow faster than brown sugar, but what would i know....... that's just something i saw

i thought plants couldn't produce white sugar, anyhow?

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

is gay as f**k

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies