Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mandala Satori LED Extravaganza! [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #283252 - 09/20/09 11:04 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
Quote:

Canna products and several other commercial products contain Trich. bacteria.  The bacterium causes roots to grow and absorb nutrients better. 

Any product containing Trichoderma bacteria or Vitamin B1 will help ease transplant shock. 

Trichoderma are fungi that colonize in the root zone, crowding out negative fungi and microorganisms while stimulating root development and resistance to environmental stress.  The result is a more vibrant, stronger plant.

Those are three comments about trich from Jorge's horticulture book.  They seem to reference fertilizer that has trich in it.  I don't know if that's different or not.  But it looks like i was dead wrong about trich!  :lol:

I don't think I'd be so quick to write yourself off. Jorge just claimed that trichoderma is both a bacteria and a fungus in one paragraph without even hesitating. someone who doesn't even know that bacteria and fungi are different is not somebody who deserves any respect in terms of their botanical knowledge

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: Mandala Satori LED Extravaganza! [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #283272 - 09/20/09 12:04 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Trichoderma is a fungus that is utilized by agriculture. It has a tendency to form symbiotic relationships with the plant's root system. It also eliminates competitor fungi and parasitic fungi.

The reason trichoderma has such a negative reputation is because it can destroy crops of other fungi.

I view trich in my soils as a blessing. Especially since I use organic nutrient sources and need some organism to make it more available for the plant. I also have a moderate fungus gnat infestation. I have heard that they are harmless until you run out of soil based fungus for the larvae to chew on, then they start to chew on the tips of the roots, so having such an aggressive fungus ensures that the gnats have plenty of fungus to chew on instead of the roots. The trich has been there since about week 2 of the veg cycle and I have not noticed any negative reactions from the plants.

But again I'm not an expert so I will keep you guys updated on how it progresses, and note any problems that arise.

peace
agmotes165

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Re: Mandala Satori LED Extravaganza! [Re: Data]
    #287241 - 09/27/09 01:28 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

OK time for an update now that a hell storm of busy has passed...

Week 1 after 12/12 lighting initiated.

Minimum plant height:  17 inches from soil level
Maximum plant height:  28 inches from soil level

Stretching is very evident but no preflowers are showing as of yet.

Current Nutrient Mix
Fox Farm Big Bloom  2 Tablespoons per Gallon of water
Purple Maxx (Snowstorm)  1/2 teaspoons per gallon of water

Im trying to keep the nutrients light for now...due to Purple Maxx causing increased risk of nute burn in the plants. I am trying to build up the nutrients back to normal...week by week to make sure I dont burn the shit out of all my plants.

Ok here are the pictures:bigweed:

I noticed some spots on a couple of the leaves...anybody know what this is?

Thanks guys...feel free to comment or ask questions
peace
agmotes165

--------------------

Offlineelaspeinreason
his serene highness
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington DC
    #287328 - 09/27/09 03:21 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

spots look like nute burn

--------------------
हम सब एक है ~ We Are All One
The ultimate source of happiness, successful life, is within ourselves. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. - Buddha

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Re: Mandala Satori LED Extravaganza! [Re: elaspeinreason]
    #287663 - 09/27/09 11:22 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

So is everyone else in agreement then about the leaf spots?

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #287697 - 09/28/09 01:21 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

No that doesn't look like classic "Nute Burn" at all, which would be browning and crisping starting at the very tip and working it's way toward the base of the leaf.  Minor burns will only burn the very thin tip part of the leaves.

I am not good at diagnosing deficiencies but I would not call that nutrient burn.

Post it in Doctors Diagnosis

Looking great my friend!  :thumbup:

I really really want to try Satori!!! I've heard nothing but great things about this strain.  Very potent and a very good yielder, not to mention a great high.  You are a very lucky man, I'm jealous.

:bongload:
:happyweed:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Offlinemoogles

Re: Mandala Satori LED Extravaganza! [Re: Inverted]
    #287751 - 09/28/09 09:26 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Those spots look similar to what happens when mites get to your plant.
Check the underside and see if you have some unwanted visitors.

Just a guess!

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Re: Mandala Satori LED Extravaganza! [Re: moogles]
    #287753 - 09/28/09 09:33 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

found some spider mites! I will spray tonight right before the lights go out...and hopefully that will get rid of them.

Thanks for the help!!!
agmotes

--------------------

Offlinemoogles

#287756 - 09/28/09 09:56 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Damn mites!!
:machinegun:

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #287762 - 09/28/09 10:51 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

agmotes165 said:
found some spider mites! I will spray tonight right before the lights go out...and hopefully that will get rid of them.

Thanks for the help!!!
agmotes

Spider mites usually require multiple treatments to rid yourself of the issue, because they have a rolling generational cycle.  Just a heads up.

More info here.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mandala Satori LED Extravaganza! [Re: 81renaissance]
    #289304 - 09/30/09 06:12 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

yup, spider mites can be a major PITA to deal with.  Keep your eye on things and keep it under control while it's still small.  If those fuckers spread they'll ruin your entire crop.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Re: Mandala Satori LED Extravaganza! [Re: coda]
    #289477 - 09/30/09 11:03 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Get yourself some ladybugs. I had 7 of my 10 satori beans crack about 4 days ago. I hope they do as well as yours.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Re: Mandala Satori LED Extravaganza! [Re: Jeff Funk]
    #291217 - 10/03/09 04:07 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

SOO...

Quick update, because im super busy...

All of them have shown their gender....2 of 7 are female :sad:

Both of the females only have like 5 calyx so far.

So what i have decided to do is put one female in each tent, do some creative bending techniques...and re-initiate vegging so I can fill both tents with one plant a piece. I figured since it was so early in the flowering period It wouldn't be that big of a problem to force them back into vegetative.

I will update 2morrow when I am less busy with pictures of the new setup...

peace,
agmotes165

--------------------

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #291638 - 10/04/09 10:01 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Damn, bad news, a couple more girls would have been nice... How much heat do those LEDs throw? Maybe you could move both of them into one tent for the time being and just double up on the light. That way you wouldn't need two tents and perhaps you could even start some more girls in the extra one.

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Re: Mandala Satori LED Extravaganza! [Re: Dr. Penguin]
    #291835 - 10/04/09 06:20 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Ok so here are the pictures of the best looking plant:

the stem of this plant is much more flexible that the plant from my last grow, so bending these didn't take much effort, and i was never worried that I might break them. As you can see, the branches have made a dramatic turn up to the light. The plants have gone from nearly 3 feet tall to just under 1 foot tall, and they are filling a much larger footprint.

My plan is to veg. for another 2-4 weeks...until I have the plant at a little under the size that I want, and then switch to 12/12 and treat with bushmaster to speed up flowering time and prevent excessive stretching. Once flowering begins I will begin a steady treatment of purple maxx...and finish off with a combination of light purple maxx and light gravity treatments along with a little molasses.

I will still be installing UVB lights during flowering as well. Lemme know what you guys think of this plan.

peace,
agmotes165

--------------------

Offlinetheman420

#292705 - 10/06/09 12:07 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

wow agmotes, i found this off you other LED grow. was doing abit of research on em. and i do have to say that they are something else!! im just amazed about how fast you can grow em inside rather than outside mine have been going for around 9 months and are hardly done yet and its getting pretty damn cold!!

they are looking pretty nice so far mate, kinda like a bonsi lol. cant wait to see those suckers start to budd up!

--------------------
num,num,num.....mmmm......num,num,num

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Re: Mandala Satori LED Extravaganza! [Re: theman420]
    #292896 - 10/06/09 02:45 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Dr. Penguin...

I decided to put one plant in each tent so that I could let them really fill out...let the root system develop for a long time...and not have to compete for light. Also time is not a factor for me so I dont mind waiting a while for them to get bigger :grin:

theman420....

thanks for the good words on the plants. I was hoping to do a sea of green of sorts...but since it didnt turn out like i planned I am going for kindof a bonsai type thing...just trying to let the plants spread out and develop a good "array of solar panels" so to speak. when the plants have little to no direct light coming through the canopy and are about 3 feet tall I will probably initiate flowering...and hopefully harvest a little more than my last grow.

everyone else...

thanks for the support along the way...sorry i haven't been commenting on some of the grow logs...but I think everybody has been doing top notch :thumbup: and even though i don't comment, I'm always on top of the recent updates and drool at everyone's pictures...keep up the awesome work :bigweed:

peace brothers and sisters :cool::thumbup:
agmotes165

--------------------

Offlinetheman420

#292916 - 10/06/09 04:19 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i think you could keep wrapin it in a circle since you already have it going that way it may slow down growth but all areas will be hit by light and the buds will all be on the top part of the braches kinda like ?Scog? but with out the screen.

i should have some pics of my plants in a couple days hopefully, and you can see how much bending these plants can take when they strech out!

I will have to invest in one of these LED lights and do a grow log as you did! the people that are already growing with these lights and one that are thinking about it i say you should go and invest in them.
for the LED ufo 90 watt which is the same as a 400watt hid and cost 200bucks. (cant be measured in lumens because they put out PAR) a grow tent that cost about 170. and the electric bill which would be less than running a 100watt light bulb and the heat issue with HIDs. i think these are the way to go people are just afraid because they are new and dont know how to use them correctly. the more people that set up grow logs here and puts the word out the more they will start to get bigger in the market.

--------------------
num,num,num.....mmmm......num,num,num

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Re: Mandala Satori LED Extravaganza! [Re: theman420]
    #293099 - 10/06/09 10:41 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

right on brother  :dancingshroom:

--------------------

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#296975 - 10/14/09 07:47 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Ok quick update because im so busy it hurts

I believe this is week 2 after training the plants.

I have noticed a little yellowing of the leaves in the past day or 2. But I would attribute that to not fertilizing for one week after I forced the plants back into veg. And maybe the LED light was too low, It was almost touching the plant. Anyway...Im going to try and get a proper update this weekend when I have time.

120W

90W

peace
agmotes165

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder