Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShroomingChaos
Connoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Southeast US
Re: LED Grapegod Late Spring '14 [Re: phychotron]
    #736130 - 06/14/14 05:15 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for all the great advice and sharing personal experiences with LED's.  It has helped me out a great deal on making my decision.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

Loc: New Caledonia
Re: LED Grapegod Late Spring '14 [Re: ShroomingChaos]
    #736314 - 06/16/14 09:37 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

In regards to the triacontanol, I've recently started using it and feel it might be giving results. The products I'm using is called massive, and the one the guys at the grow store recommended was called terpinator. I used the massive formula for about the last two days of fertilizer on my most recent harvest and I swear it helped the buds retain a strong strong scent for much longer and also may have made them slightly heavier, but it was only two days so i feel like the only real result was to help with the scent. I have also been using canna zym in conjunction with this and my regular feeding schedule of foxfarm. Thanks just for typing out the word triacontanol, this combined with the Zym are probably some of the only promising products I have heard of that aren't just basic plant food. Thanks for all great info you post up man it really helps.

--------------------
No one is free when others are oppressed

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: LED Grapegod Late Spring '14 [Re: Doc] * 2
    #736477 - 06/17/14 12:25 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

The Cannazym is one of the most expensive parts of the system, but it does put in work. Most expensive in the fact that its used the entire time, even when at the start of a flush I'll do just zym like the recommend. Plus a double dose to treat coco to reuse it.  Boost at $111.50 at the local store ($85 on ebay) is hard to use, and I would have to use half to an entire bottle just to get the recommended dosage. I'm usually holding back just to save money. This will be good to see the stuff at 1/10th the price (4L super concentrated for $50 vs 5L Boost for 500)

I like the Canna line, but I also know the way marketing works: They charge you for your application. If you buy a roll of plastic sheeting for your house it might be cheap at home depot, but at the grow store if they call it something else and charge 4 times the price. Everything is like this. For example, in the hunting section I got a knife sharpener for $6 at walfart. Same sharpener, different color, in the kitchen section for $25. They know they can get the extra $20 out of someone just by what you are using it for. And I mean EVERYTHING is like that, rope, scissors, anything that is sold in multiple departments. We by plastic by the pound from China, and companies charge you for whatever shape it is and what your going to use it on.

Another part of marketing is that they make their money on certain things, and other things are door busters that they might even take a loss on just to get you into the store. For example, years ago my manager in the grocery department of K-mart was telling me that by law all wholesale milk was $2.29/gallon, yet gas stations have it for $1.99 to get you to stop and buy other things, maybe a fountain soda which is all profit. Every large store does it, when soda is on sale real cheap they're trying to get you in to shop, not to just sell you sodas at their loss.

And so every nutrient company makes their big money on one or two of their products. Advanced nutrients has voodoo and others, Canna has boost and Rhizotonic, other brands have other randomly way expensive bottles of unique stuff. The great part is that since they are not in collaboration on which they are all going to gouge the price on, you can piece together a nutrient formula from multiple sources and just stick to the lower profit items from certain brands.

If I can replace the more expensive components with a generic alternative that's cheap enough to use how they recommend then I'm all for it. I'm still trying to mimic their formula just replacing components. Things like the zym I'll stick with, as its comparable to other zym products and is suppose to be best of them all. So far I've used about 250ml of Boost, @ $20 total. Its the end of the bottle so I've been stretching it, but if I was using it how they recommend I'd have to use 4-5 times that, which would be 1/2 the cost of nutrients alone. I just cant keep doing that. IN fact I've never used it full strength for any duration because its so expensive.  I'm at $2.50-$3 per ounce in nutrient costs and want to see how low I can go.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

Loc: New Caledonia
    #736505 - 06/17/14 09:04 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Totally feel you on the marketing cause for the most part the actual ingredients in the bottle are like 90% water and the nutrients are worth maybe a couple dollars at most, its really the care and process they use in mixing it and whether or not it will stay in solution and additives they add that aren't on the label. My friend knows a guy who can have these chemists in Nor Cal formulate a fertilizer for any grower, that has only two bottles, because that's all you need according to them. You just have to have to two bottles cause if you have certain things in the same bottle it won't stay in solution, but its only the micros that really do that. The nutrient lines with 5+ bottles are just gimmicks in ccertain ways.

The guys at my hydroshop recommended not using boost cause of the cost and then just going with the Massive or Terpinator products, they each cost about $25 so they are much cheaper than the Boost.

--------------------
No one is free when others are oppressed

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LED Grapegod Late Spring '14 [Re: Doc]
    #736615 - 06/18/14 05:07 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Day 41

Got some fatties starting to show up

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LED Grapegod Late Spring '14 [Re: Doc]
    #736616 - 06/18/14 05:12 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

My friend was telling me about how every nutrient company has to submit complete data sheets on their nutrients to the state of Washington, which becomes public knowledge that you can look up and recreate if you wanted to. Not sure how true it is, but I know it was a MSDS or something like that for Superthive that I read which said it was just B vitamins and IBA, which is why I liked using it in the aerocloner and stopped buying other IBA sources.

--------------------

OfflineShroomingChaos
Connoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Southeast US
    #736655 - 06/18/14 04:05 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I would be interested in seeing the results from every brand of nutrients that was submitted.  I will stick to my General Hydroponics for hydro nutes.  They have been around FOREVER and I don't see them going anywhere anytime soon.  I want to try other nutes but as you said, its marketing!

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

Re: LED Grapegod Late Spring '14 [Re: ShroomingChaos]
    #736711 - 06/19/14 02:51 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Flowers are looking excellent as usual phychotron, how long do you have left on this run? I just popped a world of seeds Afgan Kush to mother for my next run in a month or two, looking forward to getting things running again..miss my garden..

--------------------
my current grow- GrapeGod
my Last grow-2nd round Brainstorm

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LED Grapegod Late Spring '14 [Re: WildBud420]
    #736782 - 06/19/14 11:49 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Not sure, the next crop was lagging behind cause I was lazy and didn't transplant when I was suppose to, so I might go a few extra days, but around the 1st of the month or so.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #737597 - 06/25/14 11:22 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Day 48

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #738055 - 06/28/14 01:57 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Day 51 updated...

--------------------

Offlinewebster10

#738057 - 06/28/14 04:38 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I wanna follow this log but I can't see any pics. All I see is a youtube thumbnail.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LED Grapegod Late Spring '14 [Re: webster10]
    #738068 - 06/28/14 07:16 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

There are no youtube links on the main post, just post bumps.

--------------------

Offlinewebster10

#738070 - 06/28/14 08:01 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Wow, I'm retarded. I just checked it out. Nice pics, those plants look healthy :thumbup:

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

Re: LED Grapegod Late Spring '14 [Re: webster10]
    #738212 - 06/29/14 04:14 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Have you checked the tricombs with a microscope? Looks like ya got a couple weeks left too me, still lots of white hairs and can't see any shade of gold or amber in the tricombs, could just be the pics though. Still their looking great! :smile:

--------------------

Edited by WildBud420 (06/29/14 04:14 PM)

InvisibleWildBud420
Stranger

#739720 - 07/12/14 07:00 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Hey man so how did things turn out?

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #739724 - 07/12/14 07:38 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Went out of town for a few days, came back to a heat wave and all the plants dry to a crisp. Had to do an emergency harvest. The cat knocked out the pump timer a few days early. Stuff was so dry that buds were falling off and laying in the tray, with some standing waste water. So I lost a few oz's to being bone dry, lots more shake than expected and a few oz's that were laying on the ground will need to be turned to oil. ~30oz total but only about 20 of good buds.

Currently trying to rehydrate the buds a little. Plastic tubs with paper bags full of flower, Boveda 62% in with the buds, and a few leaf's of lettuce in between the paper and plastic, using the paper as a buffer. Its actually working quite well after a day or so, the bag is moist from the lettuce and the buds have a much less brittleness to them. They were so dry that when you just stick your hand in the bag it'd just start breaking apart.

--------------------

InvisibleJollyGreenJRayV
Mister
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: North America
    #740024 - 07/14/14 05:11 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Nice work.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LED Grapegod Late Spring '14 [Re: JollyGreenJRayV]
    #740041 - 07/14/14 06:23 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks, the bud itself is very good, just a bit crispy. The lettuce between the paper and plastic barriers helped rehydrate the buds so they aren't crumbling when you touch them.

When I got arrested the other day the cop said it was the best bud he's ever seen " dang, you can see the crystals on it and everything", but that was the last batch with a nice three month cure.  He had that smile like damn, he aint ever seen nugs like that before EVER. I hadn't smoked all day and was standing down wind when he opened the jar, got a nice fresh smack to the face of chronic.... Apparently hash/oil is a felony in Utah, considered an analog of thc blah blah blah... IT was pretty funny getting arrested and telling the cops about how my plants are coming down in a week and will be nice and ready when I get home.  Long story short, they were illegally searching and k9'ing everyone, you could either plea to a lesser charge and get out and a fine or fight it and stay in jail/need to get bailed out/come back for trial, etc, too expensive and they knew it.

--------------------

OfflineGoldilocks
Stranger

Re: LED Grapegod Late Spring '14/ don't buy from mbferts.com [Re: phychotron]
    #806525 - 02/22/16 09:47 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

:getstoned:

Edited by Stoneth (02/22/16 10:14 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates