Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
I set a new record - Another Grapegod LED growlog. * 7
    #767783 - 01/29/15 02:35 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

My own personal best for this Grapegod I've been growing for about 2 years now. So I'm not going to go much into the details of the whole setup, I have another thread that outlines how I roll. If you scroll to the bottom of the first post there is a link to a previous grow log which in turn links to another previous grow log.

Grapegod, perpetual clone, over 10th generation.

4x4 veg tent.  Nothing spectacular or out of the ordinary, see my previous grow logs if your interested in how veg. LED Lights: 2 Advanced LED DS100's, 1.5 Blackstar 240 UV LED's. Basically clones>1L Airpots > 5 gallon cloth pots. Two months give or take a week or two in veg while waiting for the flower tent to finish up. Topped and bent over to spread the plant out. I kinda lagged on it and when I went to weave one of the main branches on one of the biggest plants into a tomato cage when I was setting it up to flower it broke and I lost a good portion of plant, at least one third of the mass. You'll see the hole for it later and its just missing buds where they should be.

4x8 flower tent using a 4x6 area. LED Lights: Advanced LED DS400, four DS100's and a GrowBlu Apollo 240x3. 1270 watts from the wall.

Six plants in 4 gallons of coco coir, shower ring/manifold hooked up to a pump controlled by a cycle-stat two times a day. I had to adjust it a little as time went on, but overall pretty good investment. Keeping the root zone moist the whole time helped establish a thick root mat throughout the entire medium. I run a 32 gallon trashcan as a res, I fill it up about once a week.

Nutrients:
Canna Coco A/B (full cycle)
Canna PK 13/14 (~10 days ~5th week)
Cannazym (full cycle)
Humboldt nutrients Verde (veg)
MBFerts.com Vitamin-Hormone Booster (a $60 bottle replaces $600+ worth of Canna Boost and Rhizotonic)
Pro-tekt Potasium Silicate (full cycle)
Gen Hydro Ca/Mg (early flower)
Advanced nutrients pH- @ 1ml/Gal without being tested, my meter broke a long time ago and I'm too lazy to use the GH drops)

my ppm meter broke awhile ago as well, so I've just been going full strength, estimated 8-900 ppm. I messed up in week two when I got lazy and just fed them water. They started lightening in color a little that week.

The way I have it set up is that I only have to check the plants to make sure they've been watered--daily or mostly daily depending on how dialed in the cycle stat is that week. That takes about 30 seconds to walk into the room, check the tank, lift the largest plant and walk away. Sometimes I'll spend another 30 seconds plugging the pump into a power strip to bypass the cycle stat if its out of adjustment and needs water. Every 7 to 10 days I mix up a tank of nutrients. That takes about 10 or 15 minutes to pump the water from the bathroom but it gives me plenty of time to mix and add them slowly.

Before I give it PK for about 10 days I like to give the plants a good flush, so that will take about 15 minutes to set up, 15 minutes to break down and flush for about a half hour. So about an hour to an hour and a half. I also flush about 10 days before I harvest, then feed plain water from that point on.

I have the temp/humidity controller for my exhaust fan that kicks on if its over 52% rH or 83F. Temps went from 49F to 87F. The temperature went high when my attic square closed and it wasn't getting any input air to the room. The low temps from the exhaust window film coming off the tape from condensation. I gotta re tape it so that the plastic film is recessed and the moisture won't get to the tape.  Humidity was from 26 to 70%. There is not much you can do other than just keep the air flowing when the outside humidity is that high.

I have two older 24" carbon filters, one on the exhaust fan and one in the bedroom with a fan on it. The smell was too much and I had to get an ozone generator. That thing does the job well, I could not smell the stuff outside my apartment or when I went in the bedroom. I set it in the exhaust vent after the fan but the window film wasn't perfectly sealed, nor was my old ducting. I covered the ducting in packing tape but did a piss poor job. I kinda liked the little bit that leaked into the room cause it was keeping any smell from creeping into the rest of the house.  I was concerned about too much ozone being around the buds, but I think they turned out fine. When I chopped them I unplugged the ozone since the buds were hanging in the room. I figure the flower tent has air coming in from the veg, and the veg is on the far side of the room so it should slow any ozone from getting in the flower tent.

But enough drama, lets see some action...

Day 15:

Day 25:

Day 30:

Day 35:

Day 46:

Day 52:

Day 56:

Day 64:

Day 65: Harvest

Notice the red tomato cage on the left. That area should be littered with buds, but that's where I broke that main branch off. Now scroll up and look at the other photo's you'll see there's a big gap because of it.

I let them go a few days longer because they were starting to fox tail, but the yellow on the trim leaves was receding into the buds, some a nasty brown. This is thanks to that second week of weak feeding :wink:. I topped the bulk of the main colas and trimmed those up the first night and let the lowers go another few days since they were still nice and green. 70 days total. Sorry no photo's after I took the main colas. 

Here are the numbers
20 hours to trim it all with a friend. That is a lot more than I’ve had to do in the past by myself.

1345.1 grams of well-manicured bud. 48 ounces or 3lbs exactly. That’s counting an ounce at 28g (28.34 technically) and 16 ounces per pound (448g instead of 454g in a lb.)

140 grams of the bud will go to food because it’s a less dense but would also have been decent smoke, just not the top colas I’m spoiled with. I need stuff to cook with anyway and that’s perfect.

603.27 g/m^3
56.05 g/sq-ft.

1.06 g/watt
0.78 g/kw-h (1717kw-h total electricity for 70 days, not counting veg time)

2 oz. per gallon of coco coir (averages to half pound per plant, but some were larger than others).
150g of high grade trim. (Not in calculations)

7 tanks full of nutrients (195gallons, but some plain water at the end might not have been kept track of), averages to $12.81 nutrient tank.
$0.46, the average price of nutrients per gallon of feed water, includes some plain water

$0.07 in nutrients per gram. $1.87/oz., $30.27/lb. (43% cost) $89.67 total.
$0.09 in electricity per gram. $2.48/oz., $40.18/lb. (57% cost) $119.04 total.
$0.16 total per gram, $4.34/oz., $70.44/lb. $208.71 total.

There are a few miscellaneous costs, like technically the coco cost $100 per year when reusing it, but not much else other than that. Maybe add a penny or two per gram to the total cost and you’ll be really close, if not over.

Conclusion:
Some thoughts about efficiency, the GrowBlu is 500watts compared to Advanced LED’s 390 to cover the same area of 2’x4’(2’x5’ and 2.5’x4’ listed, respectively) the GrowBlu is pulling too many watts and has less overlap because of the 60 degree lens. I’d prefer all Advanced LED, and will probably work on some XTE series lights that pull 330 watts each (so 990w total) and see how that compares.

Also the plant with the most bud was on the end under the DS400. I put the largest plants in the center to get the most light, but this one did well with only one side light up.

One thing I’m going to do to lower cost even more is swapping out my enzyme product, trying Big Time Enzyme right now, it’s cheaper and takes less. Looks promising.

Next time I'm going to use SuperRoots Airpots instead of the cloth (3.6gal, 5 gallon equivalent) and add two tiers of trellis net to support the buds. I tied (most) the buds up this time but have been lazy in the past and just let them flop over when weighed down.

Got some nug shots from the last bag out of three but I didn't put too much effort into the photos.

Last of three bags, about a pound.

A blurry nug shot

A good sized nug

An ounce randomly pulled out of the bag.

Some macro shots that don't do it justice

----------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE:

Got the bud from the previous harvest tested, here are the results after a 2 month cure. This batch of bud wasn't just the best in terms of quantity, but also quality. So much so that it brought out a new kush like flavor.

25/50/230x photos

Potency Profile:
0.40% CBG-A
< 0.01% CBG
0.40% CBG-TOTAL
24.84% ∆9-THC-A
1.31% ∆9-THC
< 0.01% ∆8-THC
< 0.01% CBN
26.15% THC-TOTAL
0.07% CBD-A
0.10% CBD
0.17% CBD-TOTAL
0.04% CBC
1.45% ACTIVATED-TOTAL
  ∆9THC + ∆8THC + CBN + CBD + CBG + CBC, Cannabinoids that have been activated through decarboxylation (curing/storage of flowers, or heating/cooking of edibles, tinctures, & concentrates)

Terpene Profile:
< 0.01% Linalool
< 0.01% Caryophyllene oxide
0.13% Myrcene
< 0.01% beta-Pinene
< 0.01% Limonene
< 0.01% Terpinolene
< 0.01% alpha-Pinene
0.32% Humulene
0.78% Caryophyllene
1.23% TERPENE-TOTAL

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by phychotron (03/10/15 09:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

Re: I set a new record - Another Grapegod LED growlog. [Re: phychotron]
    #768740 - 02/09/15 09:31 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

grape funk I love grape funk:bigyesnod:

--------------------
:whereismiddleman:

Offlinewebster10

#768755 - 02/09/15 03:24 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

This was an awesome thread. I read this a while a go but I guess I never posted in it. Awesome set up, I'm jealous of all of the LEDs honestly.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I set a new record - Another Grapegod LED growlog. [Re: webster10]
    #768952 - 02/13/15 01:51 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks, I added the last four photos of the bud.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #769111 - 02/15/15 06:40 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Added two more photos...

--------------------

OfflineBig Bear
Earf Child

Loc: In Love, On Time Flag
    #769220 - 02/16/15 07:11 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Damn man this looks very similar to the setup I am currently constructing.  We are using a 4x4 for veg and a 4x8 for flower.  Using canna too!  Nice work.
:takingnotes:

--------------------
:gd_icon:Still Alive:gd_icon:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I set a new record - Another Grapegod LED growlog. [Re: Big Bear]
    #769238 - 02/16/15 10:17 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

ditch the Canna boost and rhizotonic and get MBferts.com's vitamin hormone booster, this batch has an added kick of flavor, I assume its because I was using that stuff full strength.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #771146 - 03/06/15 11:39 PM (9 years, 15 days ago)

Posted the lab results from the previous batch. It should be about the same thc but the flavor was noticeably better this batch, bringing out a kush undertone.

--------------------

OfflineChalupacabra
Stranger

#778846 - 05/14/15 09:55 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Rad!!

--------------------
Just trippin' and laughin' at the crap

OfflineGoldilocks
Stranger

Re: I set a new record - Another Grapegod LED growlog./ don't buy from mbferts.com [Re: phychotron]
    #806530 - 02/22/16 09:53 PM (8 years, 27 days ago)

:getstoned:

Edited by Stoneth (02/22/16 10:16 PM)

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Urban Naturalist Industries
Male

Loc: HI Flag
Re: I set a new record - Another Grapegod LED growlog./ don't buy from mbferts.com [Re: Goldilocks]
    #807816 - 03/12/16 12:49 AM (8 years, 9 days ago)

beautiful :chems:

--------------------
WARNING: I am a compulsive LIAR dont believe a word I post!!! None of these ideas and photos are original I just post to try and validate myself and appear to be good at something other than being a waste of space...

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

:aliendance::monkeydance::dancer::dancingbacon::hamsterdance::oogieboogie::mallow::death::zombie2::zombie3:

InvisibleNevar44
Stranger

Loc: west/east WA
Re: I set a new record - Another Grapegod LED growlog./ don't buy from mbferts.com [Re: Baron_Samedi]
    #808982 - 03/29/16 07:44 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I'm loving the analysis, I didn't see the analysis from the previous batch to compare to I'm blind I guess..?? Is there two sets of analysis to compare or no?

I was interested in the terpene profile difference :smile:

--------------------
Reishi For Cannabis??

This is exactly how I grow

Trade List

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I set a new record - Another Grapegod LED growlog./ don't buy from mbferts.com [Re: Nevar44]
    #809037 - 03/30/16 11:34 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

No, I wanted to get another sample from a cured jar but I had to move.

--------------------

OfflineDamo
Germinator

Loc: 4th world poverty
Re: I set a new record - Another Grapegod LED growlog./ don't buy from mbferts.com [Re: phychotron]
    #845073 - 05/21/20 07:01 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Great freeekin work. Bravooo

Nice information breakdown also. Thanks for your work.

OfflineAdustus
Stranger

#855384 - 02/03/22 12:40 PM (2 years, 1 month ago)

Oh my god. stuff like this is gold for keeping tuked away for notes.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale