Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
An LED Thanksgiving
    #647402 - 11/22/12 08:05 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Who says LED can't grow bud? Canna coco + additives. 100% coco coir. Grape god, vegged 7 weeks after sprouting at the start of a heat wave that almost killed it. Vegged under a 4x4 T5 at first, then under a ~140w led. Then into the flower tent with a lot of LED's. Primarily under the Advanced LED 400W Diamond Series that is between four Blackstar-240 130W. Chopped it on day 51 when it was starting to purple. A little early, but still good buds nonetheless. I gave it minimal trimming and let it go natural the first time I grew it. I ordered the one seed and flowered out all my other strains. Good to see this one looks like a keeper. Day #'s are the pictures names.

the top cola weighs 149.1g wet. I'll have a dry weight in a few days.

Edit: Final weigh in @ 185g, with that cola weighing 31g.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by phychotron (12/28/12 04:58 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: An LED Thanksgiving [Re: phychotron]
    #647407 - 11/22/12 09:53 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Looks good.  I'm still just curious if per sq.ft. it can crop as much.  I'm not talking about taking power consumption into consideration.  Just how much weight per sq.ft. you can yield with it, and if in the same sq.ft. how HID compares.  Not looking for an argument :smilingpuppy:

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: An LED Thanksgiving [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #647414 - 11/22/12 10:19 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Looks fuckin' sweet, man!

Are you ever gonna be able to flower your entire tent at once and see how much you can yield out of that puppy all at once? I too would like to see how your leds can compare...

--------------------
My best run so far

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: An LED Thanksgiving [Re: Tank333] * 1
    #647433 - 11/22/12 03:05 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I'm in the process of converting the 4x6 area into just 6 plants in 5 gallon pots. This is to simplify the use of blumats and plant count. I'm going to try and veg/train for awhile then flower with a nice even canopy. I started the next wave a little too early and had to scrunch them up in a small area, but after that wave is complete I'll be able to work toward that setup. Money is tight so I might have to reuse the coco and 3 gallon pots I'm flowering now.

As for yield/per-unit its very tough to say as every grower is at different skill levels and style--some which favor LED or HPS efficiency more than others. Strains have their own characteristics too. Moreover, super maximum quantity was never my goal. yield is nice, but I'd rather have an ounce of bomb over two ounces of mid-grade any day. If my motives were driven by sales I would consider making it a priority, but they're not.  Also, two different LED fixtures can draw the same amount of power and deliver drastically different results.  I should be able to figure out where I'm at in a few months when I get a single crop in there. I'm getting closer to a single-uniform grow, but always find that there are a few plants that go in at different times.  Plus a lot of shuffling around under the different LED's makes it tough to track how much better one LED is to another.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

#647698 - 11/24/12 12:47 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

What size pot did you flower that plant in? I'm using 1 gallon fabric pots from smart pot to veg in and was wondering if vegged for a month I could still flower in that pot and get the same yield as if wer to transplant to my 3 gallon smart pot at the start of 12/12?

I'm flowering with a black star 180w and Kessil h150 magenta... Btw amazing grow and turn out, love LEDs

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: An LED Thanksgiving [Re: PoloDown]
    #647707 - 11/24/12 07:36 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Its in a 5 gallon pot. I would not flower in the 1 gallon pot(unless I wanted it small), nor would I throw a freshly transplanted plant right into flower. In the past whenever I transplant at the switch to 12/12 they take longer to start flowering, and end up not doing quite so well as if I were to just let the roots grow at 18/6 for a week or two. Root structure is important if you want a plant to do well.

I'm doing a follow up with the clones off that plant. They are in 3 gallon pots and did not get nearly as good of a veg. They were also bunched up and had to fight each other for dominance. The bud development is much slower, but is finally starting to take off.  I'm going to upgrade those to fewer, larger pots ~5 gallon, and train and veg those before throwing them into flower. I've always been about an adequate veg period for the roots to ~fully develop before flower.

--------------------

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

#647743 - 11/24/12 01:20 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I see what you're saying. Unfortunately it's the only way I can do it with out flowering in the 1 gallon for a week and at week 2 transplant, because my veg chamber is small and can only fit 2 1 gallon pots.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #647745 - 11/24/12 01:29 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Are you doing a perpetual or something?

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

Re: An LED Thanksgiving [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #647827 - 11/24/12 11:07 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

If you're are talking to me hawk, yes I'm doing a perpetual with somewhat limited space.

Not trying to derail, just a great thread

Edited by PoloDown (11/24/12 11:08 PM)

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #648851 - 11/30/12 11:22 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Final weigh in @ 185g, with that cola weighing 31g.

--------------------

InvisibleUltimateDevotion
TwistedByDesign
Male User Gallery

#649639 - 12/05/12 05:06 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

That is awesome!

--------------------
Harry Detroit in 304 made one last promise now
"I'm goin out without a trace, a vanishing act before your eyes"

OfflineIMuShBtRiPpEn
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: An LED Thanksgiving [Re: UltimateDevotion]
    #649761 - 12/06/12 09:05 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Wow I'm imPressed! I always heard LEDs were trash for growing! Bet the energy bill and heat issues aren't such a big factor with LEDs. U just have to have apt of them correct?

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: An LED Thanksgiving [Re: IMuShBtRiPpEn]
    #649794 - 12/06/12 01:06 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

you need to buy one that is able to flower bud out. Most are good for veg but do poorly for flowering. my electricity bill is between 85-110.

--------------------

OfflineIMuShBtRiPpEn
Stranger
 User Gallery

#649813 - 12/06/12 04:54 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Nice well I've heard more than one person saying LEDs r the future but not the present. So u used less in the veg and something with broader spectrums for flowering?

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: An LED Thanksgiving [Re: IMuShBtRiPpEn]
    #649816 - 12/06/12 05:17 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

There are a bunch of variables, the diodes, quality, spectrum, beam angle, and a bunch of other things. You basically need to buy from a reputable importer. There are only a handful of them out there. I think the Diamond series has what it takes to grow those extra fat buds. I've seen a few other impressive lights out there but I haven't tried them.

When you go cheap you end up telling a story about how LED's don't work. When you look at the actual $/watt(actual) its not much more to get a high quality fixture. Most of the lights advertise that they use much higher wattage.

--------------------

InvisibleGBurger717
Let me be me! I luv me some me!
Male

Loc: USA, East of Mississippi Flag
    #652033 - 12/19/12 07:28 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

love them buds!!! when it comes to LED phychotron is the man to go to for info

--------------------
"If only one party supports a bill, it's probably not a very good bill. If both parties support it, you can be sure that however good it seems on the surface, under the covers it's worse than you could possibly imagine" - Me myself and I 08-02-12

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty - Jefferson

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Jefferson

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: An LED Thanksgiving [Re: GBurger717]
    #652070 - 12/20/12 07:59 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks, here's some of the clones I took off it, now at 9 weeks. Vegged for 2, in 3 gallon pots, coco, blumats, canna. They got a bit stretched out because they were all bunched up for the first 5 or 6 weeks.

--------------------

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

#652078 - 12/20/12 10:07 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

thats insane off 2 weeks of veg.  i could only hope my 135w black star and h150 kessil will get me close to yours after 3 weeks of veg

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #652101 - 12/20/12 01:25 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I'm liking the 100% coco with canna nutrients, it seems to get the job done. Those last one's did not get any boost either, just a/b,zym,rhizo,pk. No beneficials, as the guy at canna told me they are not needed, and often are overused causing problems via competition for nutrients. As much as I've heard about beneficials in a soils class I took last year, and from everyone who grows, I still had doubts as to the need for them, since in hydroponics you are, in theory, providing everything it needs in the form it can take in. If I used soil I would use them, but for the coco the plants are doing great without.

Also the aero cloner helps speed things along, rooted @ day 4, shown on day 8.

Here is the next batch up coming @ day 13 in the coco. They took longer to root because the room temp was around 65º. I had to tape my tray heat mat to the side and make the pump run more often to heat the water. Plus I just put a 26w CFL over them instead of the t5-HO 4x4, which vegged these:

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #652119 - 12/20/12 04:08 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

PoloDown said:
thats insane off 2 weeks of veg.  i could only hope my 135w black star and h150 Kessil will get me close to yours after 3 weeks of veg

are you doing a grow log at all? I would guess the Blackstar-135 is really pulling about 70-75 actual watts. I wouldn't expect the Blackstar to be able to produce fat buds alone, the Kessil should help. I'd like to see more of those in action. My bro has a few but haven't had a chance to see what they can do. Your Kessil only uses 29 watts. In terms of cost per actual watts drawn, Blackstar is about $2.30/watt, your Kessil being one of the most expensive on the market at $7.59/watt. Advanced LED 100w is $3/watt and will probably work the best.

If your serious about LED's you should get a Kill-a-watt meter to figure out how many watts your fixtures actually use.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #652478 - 12/22/12 10:30 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Heres the first of the next batch. They got stretched by being too close to each other for many weeks, and no trimming. 2 week of veg, 9.5 weeks in flower.

--------------------

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

#652797 - 12/26/12 08:17 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
Quote:

PoloDown said:
thats insane off 2 weeks of veg.  i could only hope my 135w black star and h150 Kessil will get me close to yours after 3 weeks of veg

are you doing a grow log at all? I would guess the Blackstar-135 is really pulling about 70-75 actual watts. I wouldn't expect the Blackstar to be able to produce fat buds alone, the Kessil should help. I'd like to see more of those in action. My bro has a few but haven't had a chance to see what they can do. Your Kessil only uses 29 watts. In terms of cost per actual watts drawn, Blackstar is about $2.30/watt, your Kessil being one of the most expensive on the market at $7.59/watt. Advanced LED 100w is $3/watt and will probably work the best.

If your serious about LED's you should get a Kill-a-watt meter to figure out how many watts your fixtures actually use.

I'm actually running the 180W Black Star panel, Idk why I said 135w.  But, no I don't have a grow log at the moment.  Advanced LED is super nice, no funds for them right now though.

Great log, your new harvest looks top notch!

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #652882 - 12/26/12 05:41 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Here's the setup now, 6 plants in 5 gallons of coco. Notice how the plants in the center under the Advanced LED reflect much more light.

--------------------

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

#652938 - 12/27/12 09:19 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

yeah I can clearly see the brighter reflection off the plants from your advanced led. you got quite the setup, lots of panels haha

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder