Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelazerboner
Stranger
first grow, closet setup, adive needed
    #263339 - 08/11/09 02:59 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Hi this is my first indoor grow in a while. My roommates and i have decided to get back in the game a little bit. What i have done is set up two walls of foil with reflective sides carrying the power of the 120 watt 120 volt vegetation light. right now its at a 16 and 8 lighting system. there is good ventilation and it stays warm in the closet. i am looking for pointers on anything at this point. how much i should water it. things that will help me cut time during vegetative stage and also increase potency of flower. here's a pic of my average size plant.

[image align=left][/image]

--------------------
fuck around you wont be around

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemycomaster_420
God amongst men
Male User Gallery

Re: first grow, closet setup, adive needed [Re: lazerboner]
    #263389 - 08/11/09 04:06 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

U put the dull side of the aluminum foil out, facing your plants. For optimum effectiveness, put on schedule of 18/6 not 16/8. Water when the layer by the bottom of the roots drys out. And if possible, buy a water meter, i like to stress that alot. Get ph meter also. High Nitrogen fert for veg and high P for flowering. Happy growing :stoned:

--------------------
Everything I post is in fact entirely fictional

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #263390 - 08/11/09 04:07 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Very stretchy...I recommend increased light, or light closer to the plant (what kind of light you using, fluoro, incandescent, cfl?).  Foil isn't a great choice for reflective material, get some mylar or black and white poly.

How warm is warm? Optimal is in the high 70's so if it is warm to you, it might be too warm for the plant (though obviously they can survive in warmer temps, they are often tropical plants after all).

For future reference, that container looks a little too large for the plant, so be very careful in monitoring the water levels, as its very easy to get that out of whack with a relatively large amount of medium as compared to the size of your plant...its better to start small and then transplant when the time comes.

What nutes are you using/will you be using?
What kind of soil is that?

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Offlinelazerboner
Stranger
Re: first grow, closet setup, adive needed [Re: 81renaissance]
    #263429 - 08/11/09 05:14 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

its a constant 76 in the room.

i am using a soil mixture my new roomate use to gro whis dank in. his plants are looking mighty fine so i know its good. i wasnt worried about the size of the pot cause i didnt plan transplanting it to a bigger one. i am gladd you brought to my attentino the factor of its roots verse the large medium of soil. i will take it into count when i water it. thank you for your advice.

--------------------

InvisibleGod
Yahweh

#263487 - 08/11/09 06:02 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

If B&W poly is too expensive (like it is for me), flat white paint is great.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: first grow, closet setup, adive needed [Re: God]
    #263516 - 08/11/09 06:48 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

God said:
If B&W poly is too expensive (like it is for me), flat white paint is great.

Very true, I'll be using it in my seedling and veg/clone box and then using the poly in my flower chamber.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

Re: first grow, closet setup, adive needed [Re: 81renaissance]
    #264422 - 08/13/09 03:29 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

just look inside man. and think back to when you were a baby planting grass and tomatoes and squash and find the inner farmer from deep deep within and POOF you realize your growing the easiest plant in the world and Blam your a pot nerd just like me.

--------------------
All of the statements and posts I make or have made are fake. I just found all the pictures and copied and pasted them here. I am in no way associated with any of the materials discussed here. I'm just bored, and lame.

Offlinelazerboner
Stranger

Re: first grow, closet setup, adive needed [Re: Ero42oH2o]
    #267454 - 08/19/09 05:37 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

that is right. if you naturally understand and can attend to a plant natural wants. a green thumb per say. you become a pot cultivating conisuer (spelling).

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
    #268068 - 08/20/09 06:23 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

>Very stretchy...I recommend increased light, or light closer to the plant (what kind of light you using, fluoro, incandescent, cfl?).  Foil isn't a great choice for reflective material, get some mylar or black and white poly.

^Goood advice.  Don't even fuck with foil - i suppose it's better than black (dark) walls though.  :lol:

"its a constant 76 in the room.

i am using a soil mixture my new roomate use to gro whis dank in. his plants are looking mighty fine so i know its good. i wasnt worried about the size of the pot cause i didnt plan transplanting it to a bigger one. i am gladd you brought to my attentino the factor of its roots verse the large medium of soil. i will take it into count when i water it. thank you for your advice. "

What kind of lights?  81ren is right about that stretching.  If you are using a cool light like a cfl or floro then put that shit like 2 inches away from the top of the plant.  If you've got a mh keep it further away.  I usually just put my hand underneath it to gauge the distance.  would probably be 1-3 feet. 

Generally looks pretty good though!  Keep us posted if you can.  We love seeing new pot pictures!

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Offlinelazerboner
Stranger

Re: first grow, closet setup, adive needed [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #269029 - 08/22/09 12:49 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

i got the light at lowes. its a slyvania 120w 120v vegitation light. it puts out quite a pit of heat. its made to fit in a flood light. i have 16 inches away from the plant. i will post more pictures when i get to my home computer. i will show you a clipping i got from a friend that i have been having trouble with.

--------------------

Offlinelazerboner
Stranger

#274960 - 09/03/09 06:29 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

here is the update i promised. i soil washed that micro and put it in a hydroponics system i made from walmarts famous fish section. enjoy

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #274962 - 09/03/09 06:33 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think I like that light you are using.  It still seems to be stretching and the stem is looking weak.  A better light would help this.  You say it puts out a lot of heat and it's that far away.  The plant looks good and will produce buds for you of course, but you could expect better results with a better light as you can imagine.  Thanks for sharing with us!

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Offlinelazerboner
Stranger

#275188 - 09/04/09 10:41 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

ok. give me a few options on what i can do for lighting caues the operation is bout to get bigger. i will have have 20-35 plants within the next 2 months. what other alternatives do i have for lighting besides the spot grow i have on it now.

--------------------

Edited by lazerboner (09/04/09 10:42 AM)

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #275219 - 09/04/09 01:37 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

What's your price range for the lights for tehse plants?  HID would be a good place to look.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Offlinelazerboner
Stranger

#277030 - 09/08/09 09:16 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

price doesnt matter but i am not trying to spend more than about 300. i can have the money in the next week or two.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale