Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekurosaki

grow closet setup help
    #196971 - 02/17/09 07:52 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

hello everyone, my first post here on the growery but ive been lurking a while. well to start off i have a closet thats four foot wide and about 40 inches deep. im considering getting a 600watt hps/mh setup for it. heres a link to the exact one im looking at considering the prices at my local hydro shop this thing is about as cheap as a ballast at that store.  one thing im wondering about is the c02/fae setup. how would i go about that, just a similar duct setup with an inline fan? or if i decided to set up a c02 system how would i go about that and would i still need a setup for fae? ive got two strains in mind to try, im considering growing either blackberry or hashberry and am wondering which one would be more beginner friendly. im planning on growing in soil or coir and having between 6-10 plants in the closet depending on the space. i believe nearly a 4x4 closet would hold ten plants easily right? its already a white closet so would it be a good idea to line the walls with something or paint it with something special? i was also wondering about pot draining and nutrients to use. what would be a good setup for pot draining and can anyone recommend some good nutrients to use? ive had great success with growing my own mushies and figured it was time to try my hand at growing my own kindbud. also can anyone recommend me to some good books that might cover the questions im asking or might have?

--------------------

hells yeah

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

Re: grow closet setup help [Re: kurosaki]
    #196977 - 02/17/09 08:08 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

That looks pretty good, you will need a carbon filter for sure with those strains, it can be hooked up before the vent goes to the light and finally the inline fan. I cut two holes, one is the exhuast at the top and then an intake at the bottom. You shouldn't have to worry about CO2 , I have a 4ft tray but since you have weird dimensions, I would do like a 12-pot drain and flo hydro system with organic ferts like foxfarm or other simple 1 to 2 part nutrients suppliers. It get really expensive, like if I used Dutch Gold I would spend 1000 per crop on nutes. Line that closet with black/white poly and finally cover with 2mil mylar, the 1mil rips easily. Make sure that the poly on the floor makes like a tub almost so no water damage. If you have a spot for mothers then you should only get a 600w HPS with some flourescents for mothers, that way you have shorter grows plus better knowledge of how the plants react since they are all the same.

--------------------

Offlinekurosaki

Re: grow closet setup help [Re: TheShroomJew23]
    #197019 - 02/17/09 09:06 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

thanks for the tips although i really dont want to go hydro just because of the cost in the system. and i definitely dont want to spend 1000 on nutes lol. carbon filters might be a good idea but i just dont know if its necessary considering i live out in the middle of nowhere but i think ill do it anyway. i dont think i have a space for mothers although i was considering on the first grow just having like 9 females and one male to produce enough seeds to grow with for a very long time although i know it would drastically decrease potency but i dont smoke much anyway and this is just going to be my personal smoke. im still kinda on the fence about that though i mean i can always order more seeds or look into cloning but im iffy about ordering seeds considering i live in the states. if i did that though the second crop would most certainly be sensi. can you recommend a good fox farm to go with for soil?

--------------------

hells yeah

Offlinekurosaki

#197237 - 02/18/09 03:57 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

ive also got another question, in this setup(remember total newbie here) would one 6 inch inline fan and carbon filter hooked up inside to cool the light work? i mean to cool the light from air inside the closet and just open up the door once in a while to let air in? right now im considering just building a nice sized cabinet and having it set up like that with a few decent pc fans on the outside to bring fresh air in. ohhh and that 6 inch inline fan is 424 cfm so im sure it would work to get air out.

--------------------

hells yeah

OfflineBudZilla

#197482 - 02/19/09 12:03 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

10 plants in a 4x4 closet is a bit packed.  You would get a better yield with fewer larger taller plants with more bud nodes.

You will have to constantly pump the hot air out with the 6" inline or your closet will overheat.  You will either have to leave the door part open and run duct out, or cut a 6" hole in the wall. 

Foxfarm soil is a waste and will not supply enough fert for primo weed throughout the entire lifecycle without having to supplement.  You are better off making your own mix of 2 bonemeal: 2 ashes/greensand: 1 bloodmeal  and mix that with 1/3 perlite and 1/3 topsoil.  Wet and let decompose for 1-2 weeks and you will have the best organic soil possible.

Offlinekurosaki

Re: grow closet setup help [Re: BudZilla]
    #197499 - 02/19/09 12:43 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

i dont think ill have too many problems growing 10 hashberry plants in a 4x4 closet considering they mainly grow one big center cola. im also thinking with a box at 4x4x8 would give me 128 cubic feet of grow space and considering the fan is 424cfm that should be able to exchange all the air out 3.3 times a minute if i did my math right. 424/128=3.3125. so im thinking just a simple 6 inch inline fan to bring the air in and the 424cfm one to exhaust the light and air from inside the grow box with the filter on it would be enough. i think ill use the foxfarm ocean forest soil and a combo of their big bloom, grow big and tiger bloom nutrients.

--------------------

hells yeah

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #197528 - 02/19/09 08:23 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Sounds like a fantastic plan! That 6 inch inline is a great idea, you may even want to look into a cool tube or air cooled hood just to be sure you can handle the heat. (4x4x8 though you shouldn't have to big of a problem.) Make sure you have a way for air to get into the closet as well as venting it out with the inline fan. I have used duct covers fitted right into the door as a passive air intake; they look relatively inconspicuous while still preforming flawlessly.

Good choice with the soil and nutes, I really like fox farm. Just make sure to check your Ph regularly as I've heard tiger bloom can mess with it. Starting 10 plants under that light won't be horrible, you have to think that germination rates are rarely 100% and you are guaranteed to have a couple males so by the time flowering comes you will have 4-5 females which will be just right in that space. If you had access to clones I would say go for ten plants single cola style, but SoG is very hard with seeds.

As for good literature, check out Jorge Cervantes Marijuana Horticulture the indoor/outdoor grow bible. Not a bad book at all, some of the info is a bit dated but it covers the basics very thoroughly and has a lot of great reference info. All in all a great buy even if you know what you're doing.

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale