Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineListless

The smell while the grow closet is temporarily open
    #194822 - 02/11/09 05:21 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

So I'm a first timer and I feel like I'm stumbling like loon in a dark forest of guides videos and forum posts. I'm confident it will work out just okay though.

I will get rid of the smell with a carbon scrubber, but I'm curious about what will happen during those times I open the closet (to water etc). I live in an apartment so I don't want to worry each time I check in on the plants. Would the smell be easily covered by incense or air cleaner sprays or similar stuff? It will be 1-3 plants.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemrspirit
man with spirit
Loc: hithertither
Re: The smell while the grow closet is temporarily open [Re: Listless]
    #194825 - 02/11/09 05:38 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, in my experience depending on the quality of your bud you should be fine. As long as everyone in your apartment is cool with it..

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Trusted Cultivator
    #194828 - 02/11/09 05:50 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

They won't start to smell a lot until they flower.  As noted, make sure the people living INSIDE your unit are all on the level... but as for people outside the unit, some incense should definitely cover the smell but you may not even need that.  Just crack a window... or deep fry something! :biggrin:

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

Offlinemrspirit
man with spirit
Loc: hithertither
Re: The smell while the grow closet is temporarily open [Re: geokills]
    #195004 - 02/12/09 01:29 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

haha, I've never thought of deep frying for that reason. Gives me new steps to get into the kitchen!

OfflineAnnom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Trusted Cultivator
    #195040 - 02/12/09 08:42 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

What kind of light, power in Watt, do you plan to use on those 1-3 plants? The number of plants doesn't say anything about the size they will become. It will smell a bit in the same room, when you open the grow closet, but it should be no problem to cover it with incense or some smelly toilet spray.

OfflineListless

Re: The smell while the grow closet is temporarily open [Re: Annom]
    #195062 - 02/12/09 10:07 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the many quick and helpful replies ^^

I'm going for a red spectrum 125W LE, plus 1-2 15-30W blue spectrum LE (depending on price and availability) that I'm going to hang at the sides. It's a first growth so I'm more interested in just succeeding instead of maximizing the yield.

I live alone which generally sucks - except now with my new hobby hehe. I'll get me some incense. I'm thinking that if there's generally an incense smell in the stairs area people might be less suspicious of marijuana like-odors.

Edited by Listless (02/12/09 10:12 AM)

OfflineGumby
Re: The smell while the grow closet is temporarily open [Re: geokills]
    #195125 - 02/12/09 03:25 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

geokills said:
They won't start to smell a lot until they flower.  As noted, make sure the people living INSIDE your unit are all on the level... but as for people outside the unit, some incense should definitely cover the smell but you may not even need that.  Just crack a window... or deep fry something! :biggrin:

When me and my roommates used to smoke in the dorms, we'd cook bacon or some dish with a ton of garlic. Not only did it cover up the smell, we had some food to eat when we got the muchies :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds