Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelopan
 User Gallery

Bubble Bucket Recommendations
    #194334 - 02/10/09 07:58 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I am going to start a bubble bucket grow in the next few days, and plan on building the buckets tomorrow.  I am going to follow the bubble bucket tek at http://forum.grasscity.com/general-indoor-growing/121335-lets-build-bubble-bucket-step-step.html; The construction looks straight forward, and I do not expect to have a problem with that.  I am going to grow my plants much smaller than I did in my last grow and I will be using CFL lighting.

What I am looking for is any recommendations, tips or suggestions that I should know about before I go out and buy the parts and put it together tomorrow afternoon.

I would like to use a dedicated reservoir since I will be using 3 or 4 buckets.  How would I set this up?

My bad - try now.

Edited by lopan (02/10/09 08:53 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: Bubble Bucket Recommendations [Re: lopan]
    #194417 - 02/10/09 08:45 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Link is dead for me.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Offlinelopan
 User Gallery

Re: Bubble Bucket Recommendations [Re: KaptKid]
    #194438 - 02/10/09 08:54 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

try now.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #194703 - 02/11/09 11:41 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I just might try one of them on my next round of cloning. Thanks for the info.

Offlinecheapskate
Re: Bubble Bucket Recommendations [Re: Stoneth]
    #194757 - 02/11/09 02:34 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

i'm curious as to why you're not going to run HID lighting, what kind of cfls/wattage are you talking here?

as far as that thread is concerned, it's a very well documented DIY guide.

Offlinelopan
 User Gallery

Re: Bubble Bucket Recommendations [Re: cheapskate]
    #194829 - 02/11/09 06:15 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

cheapskate said:
i'm curious as to why you're not going to run HID lighting, what kind of cfls/wattage are you talking here?

as far as that thread is concerned, it's a very well documented DIY guide.

I own a 600w ballast, a hood, and both  600w HPS and MH Lights.
My concerns with using this light is 1) heat.  I am growing in a fairly small closet.  I could remedy this with a fan, but that will further raise my electricity bill, and cause extra noise.
2)  Electricity bill.
3)  Fear.  I have a fleeting fear that helicopters are spying on my house, will see the heat signature, and then proceed to raid, arrest and rape me.

Edited by lopan (02/11/09 06:16 PM)

Offlinecheapskate
    #194852 - 02/11/09 07:38 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

wellll without getting into the specifics where you live i don't think i would really worry about a 600w bulb all that much, either from an infared perspective or that of electricity usage.

if you're in the U.S. FLIR is actually considered an illegal search, if they have a warrant for it you've already messed up somewhere else previously.

it would actually be fairly easy to hide a 600w IR signature with insulation, and as far as usage goes, that could be anything, i have close to 900 watts of computers running in the same room for instance.

i haven't really done much research into cfl's but they're still going to produce a heat signature, especially if you're trying to come close to any previous results from the 600

just playing devil's advocate :smile:

OfflineplaydohA
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #195066 - 02/12/09 10:49 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I am also in the process of building some buckets, here are some links that I found useful. I like seeing how other people do it and then experimenting till I get some thing that works for me.

Blazeoneup's Recirculating Dwc Construction Tutorial

BigTokes ~ "How-To" Of The Bio-Buckets 101 (a huge thread but a informative read)

If your looking for parts, I got all mine from http://www.usplastic.com/. You can also follow my process as I build a similar setup 1st Bagseed DWC grow. I will not be using a res or connecting the buckets for this grow, but my next grow will be a little larger. I think I will be building a 12 or 24 bucket recirculating system but that will be used mainly for food production sorry :smile:

--------------------
'...all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all
one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as
death, life is only dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves...'

Offlinelopan
 User Gallery

#203412 - 03/05/09 05:32 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

cheapskate said:
wellll without getting into the specifics where you live i don't think i would really worry about a 600w bulb all that much, either from an infared perspective or that of electricity usage.

if you're in the U.S. FLIR is actually considered an illegal search, if they have a warrant for it you've already messed up somewhere else previously.

it would actually be fairly easy to hide a 600w IR signature with insulation, and as far as usage goes, that could be anything, i have close to 900 watts of computers running in the same room for instance.

i haven't really done much research into cfl's but they're still going to produce a heat signature, especially if you're trying to come close to any previous results from the 600

just playing devil's advocate :smile:

You are right about FLIR being considered an illegal search, and you have a point about having already screwed up if they have one.  That makes me feel a little safer!  I have a crap load of computers in the same closet I grow in, so the next concern is heat - buy a fan!

Anyway, my babies are not coming along so nicely.  Two have died, one is doing great, and the other sub-par.  I have transfered the two still-alive plants from the small rockwool cube to the next size up, and the roots are starting to come through the bottom.  The materials for my buckets have not yet arrived - will I be safe, as the roots continue to grow out of the cube, and into my tray?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom