Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePsilocybinMike
T.F.Y.Q.A
Male User Gallery

Re: My seeds were confiscated... (moved) [Re: Sirius]
    #129898 - 10/07/08 11:45 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

It's all about packaging. If the companies ship them correctly there will be no problems. You've just got to use one that knows what they're doing.

Some seedbanks don't care, because they are being paid either way. If the seeds don't make it that's your problem.

--------------------

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVZBTAYm3rw

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: My seeds were confiscated... (moved) [Re: PsilocybinMike]
    #129901 - 10/07/08 11:55 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

PsilocybinMike said:
It's all about packaging. If the companies ship them correctly there will be no problems.

What is your idea of "shipping them correctly"?

--------------------

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #130334 - 10/08/08 10:13 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Shipping correctly = Discreet envelope, cover item inside envelope, seeds hidden inside cover item or inside cardboard of the packaging.

I had a package opened, presumably by customs, and when I searched through it, the seeds were still inside! They looked but still didn't find the goods.

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

OfflineBlargIAmDead

Re: My seeds were confiscated... (moved) [Re: Dr. Penguin]
    #130529 - 10/08/08 07:15 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Here's what you say to any cop that happens to knock at your door even if you ARE growing at your place (usually they wouldn't follow up I don't think). "No officer. I have NO IDEA why that company would be sending me these letters." Don't mention seeds. Don't mention growing. Don't even mention letters if they don't bring it up. Don't even admit you know OF the company. It's not a crime to receive mail you don't want :smile:.

OfflineTheOracle
    #131953 - 10/13/08 11:31 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

That's DEA, don't order to that address again. after the Emery bust my second order to the same address got the blank paper and no letter, I am sure it was DEA watching all the boxes after the emery confiscations. Nothing bad happened thankfully. get a new box

OfflinePsilomind2

Re: My seeds were confiscated... [Re: CaptTrip]
    #200025 - 02/25/09 05:09 PM (15 years, 25 days ago)

See this sort of thing bothers me. Even if the seeds never made into ones posession, they are logged and recorded as possible conspirator. If you have had a seizure of "illegals", and you order again...FBI, DEA, and local police can and have acted on that and let said package be delivered, or have a notice sent in mail to come pick up package at the post office...at which point as soon as you receive the package and turn to leave...bam, out come the law and you are arrested and your package opened, and walla..you have been caught. And can be charged with a number of offenses related to. Heard of it, seen it and if you just place a call to your local authorities they will tell you that yes this does happen.

So be very carefull. Not everyone gets busted, does'nt mean it does'nt happen though..beleive that.

OfflineBrianWilson
Re: My seeds were confiscated... [Re: Magash]
    #200026 - 02/25/09 05:20 PM (15 years, 25 days ago)

I'll second that! I ordered my first online seeds from a company in the UK (their website is blac/red, I say this because I forgot the co. name) and they sent me a floppy disk with a piece of cardboard. I figured it was in the disk but they weren't. Out of frustration I ripped the cardboard backer and sure enough in the grooves of the cardboard was a rolled up bag w/ 10 seeds.

OfflinePsilomind2

Re: My seeds were confiscated... [Re: BrianWilson]
    #200031 - 02/25/09 05:52 PM (15 years, 25 days ago)

Thats pretty cool. But I have to think that they would know most of the tricks used, and if they did'nt know about this one, they probably do by now. It's a chance thing. Not every package gets looked at, at least thats what I hear anyway. And the way the laws change all the time, it may be possible for a search warrant to be issued just on the grounds of illegal seeds/smuugling/trafficking.

I love looking at those fine specemins of dank kind and have always wanted to start a crop using white widow or skunk no 1, or even barneys sweet tooth fems...but I want no parts of the law even close to me. I guess I'm skeert. And I don't even smoke it anymore.

OfflineThe_Centre
Male
Re: My seeds were confiscated... [Re: Psilomind2]
    #204953 - 03/12/09 08:34 AM (15 years, 10 days ago)

Think about it, the reason you don't hear from these cases on the internet can be because:

As they are in prison, they have no internet, so they just look like some guy who stopped posting.
By the time they get out of prison, there account is ancient history, and they are probably scared shitless through prison and won't ever grow again, and be paranoid about smoking weed, and never post on the internet about it.

So, the likelihood of you actually hearing about these cases is rare, do you hear about one in a thousand busts? No, because there is a bust every 45 seconds, JUST IN THE US. So, if you where to hear about one in a thousand busts, you'd get so paranoid that you will never smoke again.

--------------------
Current Grow, backyard outdoor.

Backyard Grow

It is just you out there, there is nothing to fear, as it is all just you. Displeasure and fear is an illusion, love is the only truth...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom