Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineWordsWorth
Grow Cannabis
Loc: Midwest
Them Grasshoppers
    #95631 - 07/28/08 07:10 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Well...

I'll start with an overveiw of "The Plot" as i like to call it.

Its an outdoor plot, consisting of 20 plants. All plants are 2 1/2 months old. they range from 3-4 feet in height, and are branching out/bushing up very nicely. The plot is located no more then 20 feet off a corn feild. (This isnt the problem, it truly is an ideal site,for reasons i aint gonna get into). Still no signs of sex as im still at around 16 hours sunlight. I could write about them for days as they have simply wowed me with there progression.

But ill cut to the chase.

Ive got this problem with grasshoppers. Being that the plot is right off this corn feild there is no way to eliminate them, they are endless and everywhere. They arent killing the plants, but they are eating alot of leafs up pretty bad, and i fear given the chance they will eat my flowers.

Ive come way to far with these plants, and i really wanna curb this problem before flowering begins.

So anybody got any tips? im really trying to stay as organic as possible i dont wanna put to many crazy chems on the mofo's.

Any insight would be oppretiated beyond words.

(1st post)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: Them Grasshoppers [Re: WordsWorth]
    #96253 - 07/29/08 10:51 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

do a google search for organic pest controls.

most will usually consist of something along the lines of cayenne pepper and garlic soaked in a gallon of water with a couple drops of dish soap.  the soap allows for the emulsification of the essential oils of the garlic and pepper.  filter this and then spray your plants down with it.  the buggies should stay away.

just to be safe, spray one or two plants before your entire crop.  watch to see that they are still fine a few days later, and then go to town on the rest.

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

OfflineWordsWorth
Grow Cannabis
Re: Them Grasshoppers [Re: Yrat]
    #96271 - 07/29/08 12:09 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Top Notch. I knew there had to be some kinda home brew method.

I plan on attempting this within the week, once i know something ill post the exact mixture i used plus results.

P.S. Linky    For the outdoor gardeners a simple site updated daily with times of sun rise and sun set.

OfflineWordsWorth
Grow Cannabis
    #97946 - 07/30/08 01:45 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Well i found a method that works fairly well. Its only been a day or two but the numbers are down for sure.                      link

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction  Mr/Mrs Yrat.

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#97963 - 07/30/08 01:53 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

WordsWorth said:
Mr Yrat.

:thumbup:

just remember that if it rains, you will need to reapply.  you should probably reapply every couple weeks even if it doesn't rain.

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

Jump to top Pages: 1