Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleButters
what what in the butt
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Next Step?
    #87821 - 07/19/08 12:38 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

alright, so i had gotten a clone in soil weeks ago and i've been taking care of it pretty well, it's just as green as it was when i first got it and doesn't look weak or dying at all. Which was what i thought i was going to screw up on. Anyway, should i give it some nutrients in this stage and also should i be moving it to flowering or am I looking for something to happen first? i'm a total n00b any help would be great :whatwhat:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejust me
GreenThumb
Male

Loc: MO/TX/FL/HI
Re: Next Step? [Re: Butters]
    #87840 - 07/19/08 12:46 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

no nutes.

how much root space does that lil girl have?

shes focussing all her energy into makin roots right now, thats why you dont see foliar growth, once she starts producing new growth its time to put her into her final destination, and then id still give about 2 weeks b4 nutes.

GL bro

--------------------

-and for all your ETHNO SEEDS needs come see us @ www.freeseedring.nl

OfflineChronicbs

#87854 - 07/19/08 12:50 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

What size container is it in and what kind of soil?  So the clone has been in soil for 2 weeks? Is it growing out yet or still establishing its roots?

I'd say most likely NO, most soils have plenty of nutes in them already so you shouldn't have to feed it till it gets bigger.

InvisibleButters
what what in the butt
Male User Gallery

Re: Next Step? [Re: Chronicbs]
    #88009 - 07/19/08 02:19 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

you guys are so helpful okay, she's been in almost 2 weeks, she's in a solo cup since i can't see the roots how should i know when it's done rooting?

Edited by Butters (07/19/08 02:26 PM)

OfflineChronicbs

#88197 - 07/19/08 03:45 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

It doesn't really get "done" rooting, its just a clone doesnt veg/grow until it establishes its roots.  You can tell its roots are established because it will start vegging/growing.  It will still grow roots until deep into flower.

You can tell its rootbound when roots start growing out of the pots/cups drain holes, or you find yourself having to water too frequently.

You shouldn't have to fert it at all in a small cup unless its rootbound, the soil should be plenty hot enough till you have a big hungry plant in a bigger pot.

InvisibleButters
what what in the butt
Male User Gallery

#88198 - 07/19/08 03:47 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

got it thanks

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
    #88269 - 07/19/08 04:44 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Butters said:
you guys are so helpful okay, she's been in almost 2 weeks, she's in a solo cup since i can't see the roots how should i know when it's done rooting?

What size container are you planning on transplanting it into, and how long are you planning to keep it in the vegetative state before you switch the light cycle over for flowering? Do you know what strain you are running, or at least whether it is indica dominant or sativa dominant?

--------------------

InvisibleButters
what what in the butt
Male User Gallery

Re: Next Step? [Re: Sirius]
    #88331 - 07/19/08 05:25 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Sirius said:
Quote:

Butters said:

What size container are you planning on transplanting it into, and how long are you planning to keep it in the vegetative state before you switch the light cycle over for flowering? Do you know what strain you are running, or at least whether it is indica dominant or sativa dominant?

I wouldn't know what size should be next, that'd be my next question. I would keep it in the vegetative for about 5-7 more days before moving it over. I think that'd be right. This is a Sativa dominate Hybrid. Larry OG.

OfflineChronicbs

#88346 - 07/19/08 05:37 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

What light are you going to use with how many plants in flower.

Edited by Chronicbs (07/19/08 05:38 PM)

InvisibleButters
what what in the butt
Male User Gallery

#88348 - 07/19/08 05:40 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

cool this is stuff i need to know...

right now i'm using a grow plant from target also it's getting some sun rays through it's day cycles.

So what light do i work with next?

InvisibleButters
what what in the butt
Male User Gallery

#88349 - 07/19/08 05:41 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

This is one plant for now, i'm going to get another clone to replace the one in vegetation right now and cycle them out like that

Edited by Butters (07/19/08 05:41 PM)

Offlinejust me
GreenThumb
Male

#88400 - 07/19/08 06:10 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

hmmm, one plant indoors you can get away with 1 gallon pot. but i wouldnt use something under 3 gal.

big roots = healthy plants.

what kind of lgith from target man?

so let me get this straight, you have your lights on during the day with aditional sunlight getting to the plants. then at night time you have them in total darkness?

bcuz when they have dark, they need total dark or you stand a good chance of them going hermie on you.

wait a little more than 5-7 days b4 switchin her to 12/12

let her get a little bushier and taller. id say give her a month and then switch. once shes rooted, shell really take off.

hope this helps

--------------------

InvisibleButters
what what in the butt
Male User Gallery

Re: Next Step? [Re: just me]
    #88408 - 07/19/08 06:14 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

just me said:
hmmm, one plant indoors you can get away with 1 gallon pot. but i wouldnt use something under 3 gal.

big roots = healthy plants.

what kind of lgith from target man?

so let me get this straight, you have your lights on during the day with aditional sunlight getting to the plants. then at night time you have them in total darkness?

bcuz when they have dark, they need total dark or you stand a good chance of them going hermie on you.

wait a little more than 5-7 days b4 switchin her to 12/12

let her get a little bushier and taller. id say give her a month and then switch. once shes rooted, shell really take off.

hope this helps

WOW thanks so much! Yes it has total darkness at night. it's in my closet (door open) with it's light off, but during the day i pull her out to the middle of my room to get air and sunlight and i bring her light with her. It's like taking care of a baby.

InvisibleButters
what what in the butt
Male User Gallery

#88415 - 07/19/08 06:19 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

It's a plant grow light. I can't find the box, I asked the guy working at target if you can grow weed with it and he said yes, but after i left i thought to myself that he probably thought i meant weeds, but that'd be a ridiculous thing to ask, so maybe not, so i'm a little weary on whether or not i got the right light.

OfflineChronicbs

#88416 - 07/19/08 06:21 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Since its sativa dom, it will stretch a lot in flower.  You will need to top it (probably several times) so it gets bushy and not tall.

Where are you going to flower it? it has to be light proof.  I guess for one plant you should get a 150w hps or a bunch of florescent bulbs on all sides of the plant.

InvisibleButters
what what in the butt
Male User Gallery

#88419 - 07/19/08 06:24 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

My closet, you guys are wonderful, 150w HPS is expensive isn't it?

Offlinejust me
GreenThumb
Male

#88446 - 07/19/08 06:33 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Chronicbs said:
.  I guess for one plant you should get a 150w hps or a bunch of florescent bulbs on all sides of the plant.

:yesnod:

150 is perfect for 1 plant. but cfl's up and down it are good as well.

the 150 is cheap. its the ballast and all that jazz that gets pricey.

and since you have it in an open space, you wont need to worry about ventilation or cooling it.

just watch out for the smell.

youll come home one day and itll smell like a weed jungle in your room.

btw, the dude knew what you meant im sure, but i think youd better show it to use or give us some details, cuzzzzzzz, most superstore "growlights" suck

--------------------

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
    #88450 - 07/19/08 06:34 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

If you're only running a clone at a time, the cheapest, best direction to go with your lighting is to get some CFL bulbs. They fit in regular light-bulb outlets, they don't produce a lot of heat, and they should work decently well for you if you have the right amount of lumens being distributed across the plant well. You'll want to find ones that are at least 20 watts (their actual wattage, not the "conversion wattage" of the regular, incandescent light bulb that people replace with the CFL's), but the main thing is the amount of lumens each bulb produces, which will be listed (get a bulb with at least 2000 lumens). You will probably want a couple. For flowering, you'll want the cool-white bulbs, with the color temperature of around 2500k, and if you decide to use them for vegetative state, you'll want the daylight bulbs, with a color temperature of around 6500k.

I'm out of time, so I'll post more later. :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleButters
what what in the butt
Male User Gallery

Re: Next Step? [Re: just me]
    #88457 - 07/19/08 06:36 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i dunno how to find out, i guess i'll go back to target when i'm not sick

Offlinejust me
GreenThumb
Male

Re: Next Step? [Re: Sirius]
    #88458 - 07/19/08 06:37 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i love cfl's butters(and sirius)

i make a lil hood for 6 45-60w and it does 3 plants ok.

with tube lighting around the side.

like sirius said, the beauty of cfls is the socket size :smile:

let me draw ya up a diagram of the hood

brb

HERES the wiring!: really simple with cfl's

and heres the hood.

its really simple to make as well. you can do all the cutting and bending by hand. use some metal shears.

in each hole in the top the hood is where the double socket goes obviously. you can secure them to the hood any number of ways. and then just run the wiring to an outlet strip.

this is just a simple practical way to make a good cfl hood.

and like u said you move her out into your room. well put some ceiling hooks in the cieling and some chain on the hood and you can raise it as she grows right out there in your room

--------------------

Edited by just me (07/19/08 06:52 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder