Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
I recently decided to step up from my CFL grow to the wonderful world of HPS/MH growing. I decided to go with the 430w son-agro combo bulb. I have a nice little strain of kush/blueberry that I have been working with and have done wonders with under the CFL's. I have been growing them with a mix of coir nuggets/expanded clay and verm in gallon sized buckets using a wick system. Stepping up the the bigger and better lighting I am going to grow them even bigger than my CFL set-up and was wondering what chems you guys would suggest using? I plan on growing about 15 of these at a time giving each about a 1w x 1l x 5h area for each bucket in the grow shed. They have about 6 foot to grow if I wanted to do so. This is my own use, so a growing over a longer period of time is no problem.
So here are the questions..
1. Brand and strength of the chems you guys would suggest?
2. A single 430 light be ok for 10-15 of them? I can step up the lighting to whatever is needed as I grow.
3. Anyone review the son-agro 430 bulb? I have not heard any good or bad things about this light.
4. I am looking to make them my own little children, no fast growing to get in bags. This is a old mans own little project and I enjoy the time and hard work. Makes the reward that much better.
All in all I am not anywhere near a seasoned vet, but I have been doing this for years. I just now have the time and the space to do it right. So thanks for all the help
Welcome to the Growery! Lets see If we can help you out a bit.
1. I personally use the Advanced Nutrients line in hydro with great results, I don't know what they offer for coco-coir (which I really need to try one of these days) but I'm sure it will work great. I have also heard good things about the b'cuzz line in coco, you might want to check into that as well.
2. You are missing a variable here, we need to know how many sq ft of space you have under the light. In order to know how many plants you want, we need to know how much room they will have.
3. Never used it but maybe someone else here can help you out.
4. This last one wasn't quite a question ( ) but if you aren't looking to rush the plants, maybe you'd like to try a full organic soil grow? You might enjoy the fruits all the more.
Good luck, I think you have things well in hand. Lets see some pictures if you can.
1. I say Technaflora, B'Cuzz, Fox Farm are all good choices. Some people have pH issues with Fox Farm, but overall I like what I hear and my experiences with the 3 mentioned.
2. I would step up to a 600W HPS. I don't like those odd numbered lights. If a ballast burns out, or I wanna upgrade, I want to be able to replace it. More bang for you buck with a 600W btw. It will light up a 4x4 space. You could be yielding a pound every 2 months.
4. I agree with the good doctor here, but I'm a soil guy anyway.