Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAgentGFunk
Boss DJ

Loc: The Rivers Of Babylon
Confused.
    #832866 - 04/29/18 12:20 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Hey guys-

I'm trying my second grow ever, now.

I just moved back to the Rivers of Babylon from some remote location up north and I'm finally trying this again. The first time I tried it, I failed completely. I tried an outdoor grow. Most of my small plants were eaten by bugs in the first couple days, but looked unhealthy anyway. The mother plant that survived all of it eventually died, as well. Fail.

I don't wanna fuck this up again. I just wanna live my life and smoke some pot. I don't care to sell any. It's just not fair that I have to feel like a criminal just to smoke something that grows out of the ground. I just wanna smoke, mind my own business and live my life.

There's 10 million conflicting articles around here on how to do this. I don't know where to start. I don't wanna fail this time. I bought a bunch of "easy kush" seeds from Gorilla, because they said it was SUPER SIMPLE and good smoke. That's what I'm looking for.

I'm hoping to yield about 400 g's off the grow if possible. I'm gonna do an indoor grow this time, because I have a house to do this in now of my own.

I'm gonna post links of gear I've found to do this. Please tell me what you guys think about this. And please point me to a short, to-the-point video on how to grow weed, if possible. If not, even a good, short, to-the-point article.

Here's the grow tent I will probably purchase.
Grow Tent

Here's the light I'm looking to purchase. Please tell me if I should get something else. The item description says this should give me the equivalent of a 400w light.
Grow Light

Here is the soil I'm considering using. This may be expensive, as I will have to buy a lot of it because I have 5 "easy kush" seeds alone, along with a few others that Gorilla kindly gave to me for free.
Grow Soil

Please post feedback ASAP. Be honest. I'll take the criticism. I'm a newb and I'm willing to learn. I just wanna be happy in life and left alone so I can smoke pot and mind my own business.

ALSO, just curious, with this size grow tent and that light, how many minimum/maximum plants would I need in that grow tent to produce 400 g's of bud?

Thanks, guys.

--------------------
The voyage to the corner of the globe is a real TRIP.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAgentGFunk
Boss DJ

Re: Confused. [Re: AgentGFunk]
    #832869 - 04/29/18 07:53 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Bumping

--------------------

OfflineFord1950
Stranger
    #832872 - 04/29/18 09:17 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

All my friend did was put 3 different kinds of potting mix into a large bucket and start some seeds off in it and surprisingly, like 2 or 3 days later, 2 of them sprouted and the other one is missing in action, probably still trying to sprout. Mixed the soil while spraying it with some plant food spray and the little sprouts actually look healthy like they want to grow, the leaves are already forming after 4 or 5 days, actually brings the happiness just to see the little leaves forming.

Life is so crazy and cool. It's just a shame that crazy controlling motherfuckers wanna try to tell us we can't grow weed even though it seems like every other day, there is some new study that says cannabis cures something. I believe anyone against cannabis at this point is ignorant or a sociopath who lies for money.

Anyway my recommendation is to try different things until something works because you could go through all the trouble of following somebody else's instructions just to fail. He started his seeds off in the final bucket because jiffies just seem stupid.

He's gonna keep the room warm with the growlight really close to the plant(s) but during the day he's gonna put the bucket in the window so it can get some real light. They're gonna get atleast like 12 to 16 hours of sunlight a day and never be exposed to temperatures below 70F. It's probably really not that hard at all to grow it.

Hopefully what I've said helps somehow because my friend barely tried and the little sprouts already look pretty healthy and strong. He's gonna feed them with some plant food spray that's got phosphorous and basically just try almost everything to get this plant growing. He only got a cheap growlight but he's gonna keep it pretty close to the plant. He's gonna water it a little bit every 2 or 3 days and spray with plant food spray too and just try to get them to grow as much as possible. He got some Speedy Boom Auto seeds and if anyone ever questions him about the plants, he's going to claim they're CBD plants.

Edited by Ford1950 (04/29/18 09:23 AM)

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Confused. [Re: Ford1950]
    #832874 - 04/29/18 10:38 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Well back when I was doing soil. I had great results starting off my seeds in Solo cups with holes for drainage. And using Miracle-Gro seed starting mix. Which is basically the same stuff you're going to buy online. After about three weeks they would be big enough to transfer into larger pots with soil that has nutrients. If you have a hydroponic store near you I would check out Fox Farm ocean forest or Fox Farm Happy Frog. If not your local Home Improvement store like Lowe's or Home Depot might sell Kellogg's soil. This stuff is half the price of fox farm but has the same contents. The only drawback is if you plan on using this indoors you have to pasteurize to kill any larva or eggs. I had a big problem with flies. If I hadn't Pasteurize soil before i transplant. As for your light I'm no LED expert. Hopefully psychotron will pop in as he's knowledgeable in this area. But I'm not thinking that lighting to be sufficient for a full cycle I.e. flowering and vegging. I would look into buying a 400w fixture with a switchable ballast. That way you can use metal halide when vegging and high pressure sodium when flowering. Also keep in mind that number the breeder gives is under the best possible growing conditions. In my experience a lot of newbies kill their plants by overfeeding them way too soon. But I would personally just grow one big plant in the tent rather than two to three small ones.

:2cents:

OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: Confused. [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #832877 - 04/29/18 12:13 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Holy FUCK that UFO light is the same shit they sold back in 2000. Total rip off do not buy!!!! Anything from that store!!!!

Wow home depot now sells grow tents cool for that size tent a 400 to 600 HPS is best I would go with the 600 HPS with a dimmer.

Quote:

Peat based, soil-less mix. With peat moss, tree bark, ph controlled with lime for long term control, mineral nutrient starter charge and enriched with special feeding mix.

The soil less mix you have chosen does have enough nutrients to start your seeds but you will need to add nutrients later.

You will also need an exhaust fan for the tent to control heat.

FYI you can buy a complete kit.
https://www.growlights.ca/growtent-systems/grow-tent-complete-systems/custom-grow-tent-systems/3-x-3-custom-grow-tent-kit.html

Quote:

Whats Included
400 Watt  Fusion Bright Ballast
1 x 400 Watt Fusion Bright HPS Bulb
1 x 400 Watt Fusion Bright MH Bulb
3x3 600D Fusion Hut Mylar Grow Tent
4" Fusion Breath Fan
4" Fusion Breaht Filter
4" Ducting
Aluminum Tape
Fan Speed Controller
120V Digital Timer
19" Gull Wing Reflector & Socket
6Ft Power Cord

Filter Technical Specs
size 4" wide x 12" tall
Weight: 8.2 lbs
Connect Flange: 4"
Airflow: 260 CFM (+/-5%) (Max)
Suitable for: 7m3
50mm carbon bed thickness
Life Span of 1.5 to 2 years (Depending on the operating environment
Activated Carbon Charcoal Filter
Maintenance Free Design
Safe and Effective Operation
Cotton Filter Pad Pre-filter Included
Aliminum tops and bases for reduced weight
Switchable filter flange and base for long life.

You can upgrade your kit to a 600 watt for 29.95.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Confused. [Re: Rider420]
    #832879 - 04/29/18 01:46 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

I'm kinda in and out of the house at the moment, gonna be a long outdoor summer. So i havn't read the whole thread or replies, but a few things I can chime in on from what I did gather....

That LED might not be everything that you want it to be. Good LED's tend to get around 1gram/watt of actual consumption if you do stuff right. Otherwise expect around .5 when learning. I can't vouch for the UFO or what parts they have in it, but its best to do some research on LED lighting companies and get one from a reputable vendor. Generics are hit or miss. Cheap lights with a name can work but tend to be under powered. Not that it won't work, just the buds will take a little longer and not be as dense or as full. Still good bud though.

Grow tents are cheap on ebay. In fact, most my stuff came from ebay. its a competitive market and you'll find deals all day on there.

Soil/nutrients: I like canna, their stuff is good. You posted a soil-less mix that need nutrients for your plants to thrive. Its like half-hydroponics. The mix claims to have added some, but how much you'll actually use/need is unknown. So I like to go with hydro to control the intake. I use canna coco and the same nutrients.

No matter what nutrients you pick, start with the complete line from one. Butchering a multi-part formula with different nutrient companies will be challenging.

The absolute Easiest way would be to get some auto-flowers and good soil. The soil will have enough nutrients for the short-growth period. No worries about light leaks.  The trick is finding non-feminized autoflowers so you can make your own seeds instead of paying for them each time. :wink: Magash might be able to help :yesnod:

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineAgentGFunk
Boss DJ

Re: Confused. [Re: Rider420]
    #832886 - 04/29/18 03:45 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Hmm... Appears that the lamp itself is not included with this kit. What lamp would be recommended along with it?

--------------------

OfflineAgentGFunk
Boss DJ

#832887 - 04/29/18 03:49 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah I always feel all the best deals in the world are on eBay. That's really what I'd prefer to do - buy all this stuff on eBay and save a bunch of money but I'm worried the stuff I buy will be crap and not work. I know the lamp is like the most important piece of gear you can have with this and I don't want to buy one that won't work. Does anyone know of a good lamp thats inexpensive that will help me get to my 400g grow? I'll expect half that but hope for the best.

I also still have no idea what soil to buy. Or when to apply nutrients. Or any of that side of it. I guess I'm gonna have to do a lot of learning as I go.

--------------------

OfflineAgentGFunk
Boss DJ

#832888 - 04/29/18 04:57 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Do you guys think that a 48"x24"x70" grow tent would be suitable for this operation?

--------------------

OfflineRider420
Stranger

#832907 - 04/30/18 10:22 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

AgentGFunk said:
Hmm... Appears that the lamp itself is not included with this kit. What lamp would be recommended along with it?

A 400watt ballest and two bulbs a HPS for flowering and a MH for veg is included in this kit.

OfflineRider420
Stranger

#832908 - 04/30/18 10:25 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

AgentGFunk said:
I also still have no idea what soil to buy. Or when to apply nutrients. Or any of that side of it. I guess I'm gonna have to do a lot of learning as I go.

The soilless mix you first posted should work fine, as for nutrients a good starter kit is https://www.growlights.ca/hydroponic-nutrients/general-hydroponics/flora-series-performance-pack.html

Quote:

3-part nutrient system with all the supplements needed to get started in one box.
Contains:
16oz FloraMicro
16oz FloraGro
16oz FloraBloom
8oz FloraBlend
8oz Liquid KoolBloom
4oz FloraKleen
1oz RapidStart
1oz Floralicious Plus
1oz pH Test Indicator

The kit will include instructions on when and how much to use.

Please note the links I use are for informational purposes you can buy these items locally or off of EBay.

OfflineRider420
Stranger

#832909 - 04/30/18 10:28 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

AgentGFunk said:
Do you guys think that a 48"x24"x70" grow tent would be suitable for this operation?

You can get 400 grams from a tent that size however if you have the money bigger is better say 48x60x70 leaving you a little room to grow. :rolleyes:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds