Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNewgreensburg420
Stranger
Nutrient deficiency?
    #639804 - 10/09/12 12:58 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I recently picked up two clones from a friend of mine and when I got them they were in ok shape I know the light cycle had been messed with but fruiting has not yet occured... Im using soil in about  a medium to large pot . I've had them for about 3 or 4 weeks now on. A 20 hr on 4 hrs off light cycle with a 185 watt led growlight (remind you it's a small closet grow two small plants no bigger than a ft each). But to get to my problem the new leaf growth is coming out dark green and in some spots a lime green and yellowish and the tips and viens of the leafs curl upward. Is there a nutrient Dificiency ? Or perhaps too much of something I've been using an organic fertilizer for about two weeks now age old grow ... An organic fertilizer , I was told to let my water dechlorinate a day or two before making my nutrient batch for watering I would leave my water out to let the chlorine evaporate and only use about 1.5 tbs of nutrient to gallon . Just a little confused on what could be wrong I've done a grow before this one starting from seed Nd never had this problem any pointers or knowledge tht can help me that would be awesome !

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Nutrient deficiency? [Re: Newgreensburg420]
    #639851 - 10/10/12 12:56 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Well first off there's a post at the top of this forum that says

ATTENTION FILL THIS OUT FIRST BEFORE STARTING NEW THREADS

You should start there.

Also just saying I have this fertilizer, and I'm giving x amount of it, doesn't really tell us much.

We need more detail to help you.

Medium to large pots?  That doesn't tell me anything.  Is that 2 gallons?  4 gallons?  Know what I'm saying?

What's your watering schedule like?  How do you determine that they need to be watered?

Also, some strains are way more sensitive than others, so just because your other strain did well in certain conditions doesn't mean that this one will.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineNewgreensburg420
Stranger

Re: Nutrient deficiency? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #639862 - 10/10/12 09:35 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
-CLones
2. How old are your plants?
3 to 4 months (when it took root)not exact the friend i got them from kind of dumped them on me with no info on how she was taking care of them or what kind of feeding cycle or light cycle they were on.
3. How tall are your plants?
- 1ft each
4. What size containers are they planted in
- 1gallon containers
5. What is your soil mix?
-miracle potting soil
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
-once a week maybe every 4 days depending on the soil if its dry or moist. I'll use a fertalizer one week and the next time just normal pH water thats' chlorine has been evaporated over a period of a day or two. ( i do that every time i water when its fertilized water or just normal water.
7. What is the pH of your water?
-I try and get it close to 6.0 6.1 so usually 5.9 to 6.0 but not an accurate reading since its not a digital pH reader.
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
-I use Age old grow and have age old bloom as well but the grow ratio is 12-6-6
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
-no
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined?
-two LED lights. One is 185 watt and the other is a 45 watt LED light
11. How close are your lights to the plants?
2 to 3 inch space between
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
2ftx2ft
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
-temp is usually around 74-76 degrees F. and humidity is pretty low were in an area where the air is dry and cold. Mountain area. I would say its around 35 40 % at the most.
14. What is the pH of the soil?
-a little confused on how to take a reading of this?
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
-occasional gnats but not an infestation, i noticed they'll be flying around in the grow area its usually only a few but i know that they can go from a few to a shit ton in like a few days so does anyone have a suggestion to knip that in the butt before it gets worse?
16. How much experience do you have growing?
-not my first time,  ive done two grows before this all closest grows and were no more than 2 plants at a time. the time before this though i started with seeds and used fluorescent lights, i switched to LED for energy reasons considering my crops are not HUGE.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Nutrient deficiency? [Re: Newgreensburg420]
    #639880 - 10/10/12 02:46 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

5. What is your soil mix?
-miracle potting soil

This could be part of your problem.  Miracle grow soil has time release fertilizer in it, and in conjunction with the ferts you're giving it, is compounding the problem.

7. What is the pH of your water?
-I try and get it close to 6.0 6.1 so usually 5.9 to 6.0 but not an accurate reading since its not a digital pH reader.

This is an ok pH for hydro, or soilless.  But in soil you want to be close to 6.8-7.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck