Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedigitalsinz
Stranger
Re: What is the problem with these babies ? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #633314 - 07/31/12 08:00 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Hi guys, i've flushed these babies with 5.1ph Water last thursday (previously soil was 7.3+ph) .. im at lost here.. there doesnt seem to be a change in , and maybe its going from bad to worse!  All me leaves are lime green.. the bottom leaves are yellowish in colour.. some are spotted .. and the list goes on.. you can view them with the images below..

This time , i do believe that there must be something to do with the fertilizers.. i mean.. these are all deficiencies.. i'm going with multiple deficiencies (judging by the nutrient guide in the sticky post) ...

Should I do an experimentation by applying stronger nutrients ? (mixed with 6.5ph water ?) I'm really confused now.

There are 2 pots that show some kind of improvement .. the top leaves are dark green - which i think is a good sign - although the bottom sections are yellowing and/or withering (crispy dry) ..

And also , will these be any problem with the light ? since im using HPS (400w) x2 for 15 pot of plant .. distance is about 24inch approximately.. its on air-conditioned sealed room .

Any advise guys ? I'm fucking desperate now :frown:

Edited by digitalsinz (07/31/12 08:02 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMaestro
Strange
Loc: Kiev, Ukraine
Re: What is the problem with these babies ? [Re: digitalsinz]
    #633318 - 07/31/12 09:31 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

by the pics, it seems you only water them a little at a time. ..do you?

as in you water around the plant but dont soak all of the soil in the pot. maybe it's the pics?

This could be(have been?) the problem (salts building up and not being washed out)

--------------------
I am Thread Killer.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: What is the problem with these babies ? [Re: Maestro]
    #633328 - 07/31/12 12:05 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

He's already flushed.  It's not toxic salt build up.

Looks like you're getting deficiencies now.  Nitrogen to be exact.  Up your fert dose.  Feed it every other watering.  And make sure that you're letting the containers dry out thoroughly in between waterings, and then when you water that it's a good amount of water.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinedigitalsinz
Stranger
    #633561 - 08/02/12 06:56 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Maestro: Ermm.. i'm using Reverse Osmosis distilled water bought from convenience store .. yes.. I only water 'around' the areas of the roots .. not through the whole soil area ... Is that wrong ?

Well, i assume that since they are still young, the roots won't spread out just yet... once they develop at least some height, i'll start to water them evenly and more... im using too huge of a container right now :frown:

hawksapprentice: I believe so.. i'm adding fertilizers as we speak, 2.5grams per litre... the recommended dosage (From the packaging) the ph of diluted nutrients in the water is around pH6.1 .. its tinted slightly blue.. here is some photos of it..

i'm crossing my finger that everything will go as planned.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #633582 - 08/02/12 12:13 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I take back my statement.  Feed it every 3-4 waterings with a 20-20-20 ratio.  And you should be thoroughly saturating your soil when you water.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineMaestro
Strange
    #633815 - 08/04/12 03:07 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

digitalsinz said:
Maestro: Ermm.. i'm using Reverse Osmosis distilled water bought from convenience store .. yes.. I only water 'around' the areas of the roots .. not through the whole soil area ... Is that wrong ?

Well, i assume that since they are still young, the roots won't spread out just yet... once they develop at least some height, i'll start to water them evenly and more... im using too huge of a container right now :frown:

hawksapprentice: I believe so.. i'm adding fertilizers as we speak, 2.5grams per litre... the recommended dosage (From the packaging) the ph of diluted nutrients in the water is around pH6.1 .. its tinted slightly blue.. here is some photos of it..

i'm crossing my finger that everything will go as planned.

well if you only water certain areas , then roots will only grow in those areas. if anything, you should water around the stem, so the roots reach out.

theyre not that young btw. if they're as tall and as wide as the pots, the roots (should) have already spread to every side of the pot.

--------------------
I am Thread Killer.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #633848 - 08/04/12 11:44 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

No, you should thoroughly saturate the entire amount of soil.  So lets say you have 5 gallons of soil, you should be doing a minimum of 2-3 gallons of water per feeding.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinedigitalsinz
Stranger
    #633866 - 08/05/12 03:03 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

damnn! i've never thought of it that way. i've always thought that if i water just 1 inch radius from the stem as i think that is where the main roots are.. okay. lessons learnt from here.

i've re-pour additional nutes around the areas that were not covered 3 days ago.. this time im being thorough with it.

1 plant seems to be coping very well with the flushing and nutes.. it turns dark green! which i hope is a good sign, event thought the leaves on the bottom are still yellow and crispy.. wish i could snap it, but im gonna do it in my next post.

any other advise in regards to this ? you've all been a great help !

Offlinedigitalsinz
Stranger
    #634387 - 08/10/12 03:58 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Hi again guys! I'm seeing quite a bit of improvemenet these past few days.. even though its not 'that' great..

Here are some pics taken that copes well with the flushes and the nutrients..  I was wondering is it possible that the nutrient dose is too litte ? (its 2.5grams for every litre) should i increase the dosage ? to lets say ... 3 grams for every liter ? ..

There are some pots that is showing little or not improvemenet for the works that ive done... leaves are still yellowing.. and not really looking good... pics are bellow too

I've nurtured 3 Barneys farm LSD babies.. and they are starting to turn yellow too... at such an early age! i've previously flushed with the same pH 5.1 .. and added nutrients 2 days later.. but its not coping very well i might say.. shall i increase nutrients ?

-------------------------------------------------------------
PICS OF PLANTS THAT IS COPING WITH THE FLUSH

PICS OF PLANTS THAT IS NOT DOING TOO GOOD

PICS OF NEW BABY PLANTS TURNING YELLOW

OfflineMaestro
Strange
    #634399 - 08/10/12 09:04 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

temps are too low durring lights off. Had that problem when my a/c timer broke; stopped turning off at "night"
the ac was working 24/7 and the top leaf sets became yellow, once i realised and replaced the timer, they started recovering (the yellow leafs actually turned back to gren).

I could be very wrong...BUT the effected leaf sets weren't just yellow, they were soft (compared to others). Feel them, and feel the top of the stems. If theyre softer then norm. it's probably your temps.

--------------------
I am Thread Killer.

Offlinedigitalsinz
Stranger
    #634677 - 08/13/12 02:20 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Maestro said:
temps are too low durring lights off. Had that problem when my a/c timer broke; stopped turning off at "night"
the ac was working 24/7 and the top leaf sets became yellow, once i realised and replaced the timer, they started recovering (the yellow leafs actually turned back to gren).

I could be very wrong...BUT the effected leaf sets weren't just yellow, they were soft (compared to others). Feel them, and feel the top of the stems. If theyre softer then norm. it's probably your temps.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I've set the timer such that the air conditiong switches off too when the lights are out (to conserve engery & due to no heat from the lamp, i will have to assume that temps are low at that period) .. Timer is in perfect working condition.. as ive seen them working ...

there are a few plants that is not working.. most of them are turning back to its normal green state...

but should i up the dosage for nutrients ?

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #634679 - 08/13/12 03:09 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, this has nothing to do with temps being too low. 

I'll hunt down my book tomorrow and see what the hell is going on.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinesidetwist
Guano Reefs
 User Gallery

#634687 - 08/13/12 10:05 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

That soil looks a bit wet in each case... Do you let it dry completely to let it breathe between watering?

--------------------
Live slow, die old.

Edited by sidetwist (08/13/12 10:19 AM)

Offlinedigitalsinz
Stranger
Re: What is the problem with these babies ? [Re: sidetwist]
    #636148 - 09/01/12 06:10 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Hello guys,
Quote:

sidetwist said:
That soil looks a bit wet in each case... Do you let it dry completely to let it breathe between watering?

Yes, I usually every other day (2 days period between watering) ... and my pot have holes in it that allows excess water to seep through.. which i dont think will the problem .

Offlinesidetwist
Guano Reefs
 User Gallery

#636266 - 09/02/12 02:18 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

digitalsinz said:
Hello guys,
Quote:

sidetwist said:

Yes, I usually every other day (2 days period between watering) ... and my pot have holes in it that allows excess water to seep through.. which i dont think will the problem .

Well, if you google search for overwatering symptoms you will find that the leaves bow in a similar manner yours do. I guess you have a slight overwatering situation. I'm just troubleshooting. But, after thinking twice, you are probably right, it's not the main problem...

Hawk is right, it looks like the plant is sucking the nitrogen out of her lower parts to feed the higher parts... Do you have a grow shop that sells hydroponic fertilizers? Because if you are using soilless mix (peat/coco/hydroton/perlite/verm), your plant should be really hungry and you might need a fertilizer where all the ingredients are ready available. REmember you're not growing on organic soil where the nutrients get broken down by benefitial microbes. Organic fertilizer takes longer until it reaches the plant.

--------------------
Live slow, die old.

Offlinedigitalsinz
Stranger
Re: What is the problem with these babies ? [Re: sidetwist]
    #636371 - 09/03/12 07:05 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Guys. i  encounter another problem.. what is wrong with  the photos ? is this becaue of lack of Potassion ? because judging from the marijuana problems guide,  this DEFINITELY looks like lack of potassium... should i switch to 10-55-10 now ? or should i stick to 20-20-20 ?

Please advise !

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #636378 - 09/03/12 11:34 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

My guess is you're in nutrient lock out.  Flush with plain water.  The nutrients you're giving them are super concentrated.  So it wouldn't be hard to overfert the shit out of em and make the plant unable to take in any nutrients. 

I would highly recommend ordering some different nutrients from online.

--------------------

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds