Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecannabispatient
GOD
Male User Gallery
Is it...?
    #830243 - 12/08/17 06:01 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Is it really THAT difficult to grow cannabis?
After all it is just an herb...
My mother used to grow cilantro, basil, fenugreek, and mint, all of which are herbs, and she didn't bother with lights, fans, hydroponics, coir, coco, fish emulsions, guano, manure, etc. ad infinitum
She just put it in dirt in a pot and put it outside and it flourished.
What I would like to know is whether or not I could just put a seedling that's been freshly sprouted into some dirt in a pot and put it either outside in a pot or in the ground, and wait a few months and watch it grow.
This is why I want to start with an autoflower because I heard that they are much easier to grow and spring up much quicker than a regular cycle plant.
I really don't care about having a large harvest or anything, I'm a simple medical cannabis patient who just wants to grow a few plants for personal use.
I figured that if I planted just 4 autoflowers outside next spring (end of April) then by the first week of July i would have an abundant amount of cannabis for personal use.
If anyone would be so kind as to help me with my issues I would greatly appreciate it.
The strain that I wanted to grow was DNA Genetics' 60-day Lemon auto.
It finishes from seed to harvest in just 60 days.
Thanks and have a good day.

--------------------
I am Jah Jesus Christ Snoop Doggy Dogg Burning Marijuana Tree Lord Shiva King Death Row Kambodia Allah Mahavishnu Masta Killa King Wu-Tang Gautauma Buddha Om Krishna.
My name is Nishith Vijay a.k.a. CannabisPatient

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChwyn
Lurker

Re: Is it...? [Re: cannabispatient]
    #830244 - 12/08/17 06:05 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

yes you could do that. Your harvest wont be as good as it could be had you spent a little extra time preping the soil and watching over the plant. be kind to the plant and it will be kind to you.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Is it...? [Re: Chwyn]
    #830248 - 12/08/17 10:34 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

If you just toss some plants in a field and walk away you may be very disappointed in 2 months. Modern seeds are made to be cared for, not really fit for nature in the raw. They grow too big too fast for nature to keep up.

But if you have a nice plot of soil with a source of water nearby you can walk away and hope. I talked to one hillbilly farmer who smoked me some of the dankest outdoor I've ever had. He said he put his plant near one of the streams that feeds the reservoir for the crops down in the valley. He just leaves it there and does nothing but harvest it (weed being highly illegal in his state he didn't want to go anywhere near it). He does one plant that produces 10lbs and he and all his buddies get to smoke for free all year.

Elements you need:
Good soil - rich dark black means more humus/organic matter and more fertile.

Maybe nutrients to supplement. Organic is best for soil, as it preserves the beneficial properties, whereas synthetics degrade and kill microbes.

Quality and consistent source of water.

Protection from the elements: weather, bugs, rabbits, stoners, etc.

Branch supports

Its not hard to get decent/good bud but to get good high quality 'medical' bud is a different matter. Cannabis is not like rosemary or basil, it is a highly demanding plant that sucks down nutrients to produce flowers AND cannabinoids and terpenes. If the plant is able to produce very good high quality flowers then it will in turn be available to produce more cannabinoids and hold a higher medicinal value.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: Is it...? [Re: phychotron]
    #830279 - 12/10/17 11:03 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I would use the analogy of a tomato plant, you will can get pounds more of tomatoes in a green house under hid lights then you will out in a field.

That said you still will get a crop and your only cost is the seeds so if your a legal medical user go for it then let us know how it went please.

FYI you would get a much better yield by using good soil adding some nutrients and watering daily so if you have the time its worth the effort. Best of luck.

BTW for those in Canada four outdoor plants will be legal on Canada day July 1 2018 that will now be known as Cannabis day. :grin:

InvisibleKenInVic
Tuk U 4:20/24/7/365
Male User Gallery

Loc: 3rd Rock from the Sun Flag
Re: Is it...? [Re: Rider420]
    #830280 - 12/10/17 11:33 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I wouldn't start celebrating cannabis freedom day in Canada quite yet.  We haven't seen the final legislation and some of the regulation will be left to the provinces.  In BC, doctor's are lobbying for home grows being banned under provincial regs.  I would not be surprised if we aren't also obliged by some jurisdictions to grown only indoors so as to meet the spirit of the law and keep it away from kids.  I was a kid who garden raided on a regular basis when I was younger.  Your pot plants wouldn't last a week in an urban environment outdoors.

While I'm am an optimist, I can see this being a lumpy ride in the first days, complete with court challenges, here in Canada.

Also, as pointed out, proper indoor grows will out perform all but the cream of the outdoor efforts in the long run and be more satisfying.

OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: Is it...? [Re: KenInVic]
    #830413 - 12/14/17 10:13 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

KenInVic said:
I wouldn't start celebrating cannabis freedom day in Canada quite yet.  We haven't seen the final legislation and some of the regulation will be left to the provinces.  In BC, doctor's are lobbying for home grows being banned under provincial regs.  I would not be surprised if we aren't also obliged by some jurisdictions to grown only indoors so as to meet the spirit of the law and keep it away from kids.  I was a kid who garden raided on a regular basis when I was younger.  Your pot plants wouldn't last a week in an urban environment outdoors.

While I'm am an optimist, I can see this being a lumpy ride in the first days, complete with court challenges, here in Canada.

Also, as pointed out, proper indoor grows will out perform all but the cream of the outdoor efforts in the long run and be more satisfying.

https://globalnews.ca/news/3899862/marijuana-homegrown-courts-may-strike-down-provinces-bans/
Quote:

Here’s why the courts may strike down provinces’ bans on growing your own pot

Provincial laws that bar people from growing their own marijuana will certainly be challenged in the courts, and the challenges have a “a decent chance” of success, legal experts say.

The federal cannabis legalization bill, now in the Senate, allows individuals up to four cannabis plants, so long as there aren’t more than four in any given home.

On the other hand, Manitoba and Quebec have said they plan to ban home grows complete

A legal rule called “federal paramountcy” kicks in when there is direct conflict between federal and provincial law: the provincial law will be declared void, to the extent of the conflict.
Potentially, that’s good news for would-be marijuana growers and bad news for the provinces that want to stop them.

remainder snipped

Bill C-45 will not change much and as you can see the Provinces who think they have jurisdiction over Federal law are in for a shock. :drysmash:

FYI it is the Federal Supreme Court of Canada that makes the final ruling.

InvisibleKenInVic
Tuk U 4:20/24/7/365
Male User Gallery

Loc: 3rd Rock from the Sun Flag
Re: Is it...? [Re: Rider420]
    #830415 - 12/14/17 10:45 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I'm just hoping the four plant edict gets changed before it's cast into stone.  Or a good court challenge.  If a person is doing any strain selection for themselves and wanting to set up the appropriate mothers to maintain it, four is just a stupid number pulled out of someone's ass.  Marc Emery, if you can hear me, lol.

OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: Is it...? [Re: KenInVic]
    #830421 - 12/14/17 07:20 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

KenInVic said:
I'm just hoping the four plant edict gets changed before it's cast into stone.  Or a good court challenge.  If a person is doing any strain selection for themselves and wanting to set up the appropriate mothers to maintain it, four is just a stupid number pulled out of someone's ass.  Marc Emery, if you can hear me, lol.

Right now if you are a medical user you can buy the clone of the strain that helps you the most.

Now what is better growing out a hundred plants and cloning all of them meaning you would be looking after two hundred plants just hoping for one good one, but also knowing that most of it will be second rate weed. And if you do find one great plant its been at least four to six months worth of work before you can grow just her! Now what if you could go to the store and test a hundred varieties and buy only the clones of the cannabis you liked the most? All apples are sports that are cloned just like the very best weed are sports that are cloned with the same perfection as the mother plant or used to create seeds that will not be as good as the clone mother.

FYI four plants are legal but five or six plants are just a 200 dollar fine.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale