Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecannibalbutts
Stranger
I have some questions about building a grow cabinet. *DELETED*
    #826006 - 05/23/17 08:30 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by cannibalbutts

Reason for deletion: personal reason

Edited by cannibalbutts (05/23/17 08:33 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: I have some questions about building a grow cabinet. [Re: cannibalbutts]
    #826009 - 05/23/17 09:59 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Plants can be jammed in fairly close if you do a SOG setup. I would recommend it because of height issues. People do it in solo cups.

Yes, plant genetics matter. Typically for SOG you want a short squat plant that doesn't branch out much. I have one bubblegum that when topped it still grew straight upward, trying top still force itself to be a single cola. Tall sativas and stuff that stretches won't be good for confined spaces.

I just did a cheap cabinet and testing it now. Smell proofing could be done with the exit vent using carbon and ozone. You'll need to use some precautions when working with ozone but I've got mine setup in my apartment and tested to safe levels using paper test strips. Ozone cuts the odor like no other.

my 24"x24" cabinet has 5 plants in it now but I would prefer 6. two are just too big to fit another.I could fit more in if I wanted but they'd have to be a little smaller.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlinecannibalbutts
Stranger
Re: I have some questions about building a grow cabinet. *DELETED* [Re: phychotron]
    #826010 - 05/23/17 10:29 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by cannibalbutts

Reason for deletion: personal

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
    #826012 - 05/23/17 01:19 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

I've done single plant grows in 4ft tall tents before. You just have to make sure to use either small autoflowering strains or use LST/topping to keep the plant low and squatty during its minimum vegging period (about 3 weeks min).

You could go a step further by rooting clones and flowering as soon as they're rooted. It's more work and time up front, but will keep the plants small enough to fit in a 4 ft vertical space.

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #826015 - 05/23/17 05:12 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

You can grow in a computer case if you need to.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
    #826353 - 06/11/17 10:54 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

In a 5-6ft wide box, u could do like one big plant, two medium plants or 4 small plants. All depends on what u grow and how much u prune them.

If u wanna make it more stealthy, make it look like a piece of furniture like a office cabinet with doors and handles. But making it completely light-tight is going to be tough!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies