Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Getting back into the swing of things. 1000w LED 2x8 closet, chemdog. [Re: Theman]
    #825352 - 04/13/17 10:15 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

lol, they'll turn pink/purple before they grow green again. How much experience with LED's do you have?

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: Getting back into the swing of things. 1000w LED 2x8 closet, chemdog. [Re: Theman]
    #825353 - 04/13/17 03:36 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Theman said:
However 1 calyx is not 1 cell. And when new calyxs grow or old calyxs get larger sgould be green then while old bleached cell are beneith;)  anyway good luck agsin my only beef is a mod passing in mis info.
Other then that can succesfully grow cannabis!

Peace

But, if the cells in the meristem are bleached, and if what psycho says about the mitotic offspring of the bleached cells is correct, would it not logically follow that all growth above the point of bleaching be bleached as well? And let's not forget that its not just one cell that's getting bleached, but a significant bundle of cells nearest the light (aka the meristem)

That's how I understand plant growth to work, maybe I'm mistaken :shrug:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

Edited by Data (04/13/17 03:37 PM)

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Getting back into the swing of things. 1000w LED 2x8 closet, chemdog. [Re: Data]
    #825358 - 04/13/17 07:36 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Green growth within the bleached area are usually new shoots/foxtails from deeper like you say--the bits that were protected. Bleaching is not completely uniform either, so you get a side of white, correct it, then get some splotching as the new growth comes in.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Getting back into the swing of things. 1000w LED 2x8 closet, chemdog. [Re: phychotron]
    #825375 - 04/15/17 10:26 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

The ozone test kits arrived. I checked right after the generator cycled off and found no indication. So I turned the intervals up from 5 minutes to 15. Its been a few days and the smell is much more tolerable outside. Its more just a problem when you walk up the stairs instead of in the parking lot. 

Tested a second time after leaving the door closed all day, still none.I'll probably bump it up to around 30 minutes and see how the strips respond then.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Getting back into the swing of things. 1000w LED 2x8 closet, chemdog. [Re: phychotron] * 1
    #825429 - 04/19/17 02:23 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Chopped down today, got a lot of the shade leaf pulled off before chopping it down. Its much easier to de-shade it when its still upright and has some moisture to it so they pop right off. When its wilted they tend to string cheese as you pull them off.

One came down a day early cause the pot was dry.

Bamboo not needed. No nanners. Cut the whole plant and hung upside down to dry for a week.

--------------------

Offlinetvbfe
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Getting back into the swing of things. 1000w LED 2x8 closet, chemdog. [Re: phychotron]
    #825436 - 04/19/17 10:00 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Nice man,looks like it came out despite the early challenges.

Offlinefunky
Smoker
 User Gallery

Re: Getting back into the swing of things. 1000w LED 2x8 closet, chemdog. [Re: tvbfe]
    #825544 - 04/22/17 08:39 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

It's definitely neat looking. I'd smoke it :getstoned:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Getting back into the swing of things. 1000w LED 2x8 closet, chemdog. [Re: funky]
    #825656 - 04/30/17 03:17 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Had to leave the house for a week and came back to the buds a bit too dry. Jarred and mostly trimmed it came to 800g of bud and 90g of lower bud and larf. Still a bit too early to smoke well but so far it has a decent flavor and burn rate. It doesn't make me me cough or choke. Smoke should smooth out with age. The jars smell dank.

Its a little brittle as expected. Not just from over drying but from that week three mishap when the feed was way too acidic. The damage also made the leaves more brittle, which never fully went away.

--------------------

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
Re: Getting back into the swing of things. 1000w LED 2x8 closet, chemdog. [Re: Data]
    #825774 - 05/05/17 04:38 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Data said:
I'd still smoke it :bobmarley:

Good job psycho, you still ended up with a decent amount of bud, and although we can all agree that the current situation is not ideal, it still looks pretty neat.

Cheers

"Psycho" lol

Nice lookin budz there.

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: Getting back into the swing of things. 1000w LED 2x8 closet, chemdog. [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #825778 - 05/05/17 05:15 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Lol holy shit, I've always misread his username as Psychotron:thataintright:

my whole worldview is crashing around me :dumblol:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #825783 - 05/05/17 09:42 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

everyone does

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #825827 - 05/08/17 01:23 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Left my nugs hanging up for a week over his bed. He was the protector of the nuggets while I was gone. Now he's getting assed out of his own home. It was so funny watching him try to fit.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #825901 - 05/14/17 07:54 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

So far so good. I'm not overly impressed with it but it smokes pretty well and has a good flavor. Even though it fox tailed its not overly stemmy. They're still buds, but getting ready for phase two growth. The second great push. Its common for a plant to foxtail at 9 weeks and then fill out till around week 12. Not every plant does that, but Chemdog is a plant that always wanted to get into that later growth stage. I should have let it, but I thought about it after I had already started to flush and didn't want to restart feeding when the plants were already beginning to show signs.

I let it flush a little too long and some of the inner buds near the stem are showing it. Some yellow/brown brittle nuggets.

It semi hermied. In that there are no seeds, a few maybe be found floating around cause it looked like empty pods on some of these, but upon further inspection just seemed like empty calyx.  When digging deeper though I find a lot of pin-seeds. They are brown and very small, hard to even tell if you don't know what to dig for. I know because I've made coconut oil in the past and found them floating at the top. You can smoke through them, but they do add some harness to the bud.

Cant find any nanners. I didn't trim the bud so whenever I see something that looks like it, its usually just a piece of leaf.

I'm gonna pull out the camera and see about getting some good close ups.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #825907 - 05/15/17 01:22 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #825908 - 05/15/17 01:37 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Here you can see the micro seed. Threw the cut away the other day. It was sad to see her go but I aint got no time for seedy bitches.

--------------------

Offlinefunky
Smoker
 User Gallery

#825910 - 05/15/17 07:17 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

:getstoned:

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Getting back into the swing of things. 1000w LED 2x8 closet, chemdog. [Re: funky]
    #825916 - 05/16/17 12:45 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Who woulda guessed had bananas in there :wink: lucky i guess ? Jj

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #825919 - 05/16/17 02:16 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Theman said:
Who woulda guessed had bananas in there :wink: lucky i guess ? Jj

Why do you LIKE being a condescending dick? Take your attitude somewhere else please.

--------------------

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

#825932 - 05/18/17 03:00 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Lol cheers! Like i said just because you pass on misinformation and think u know more then you actually do. And as a mod newbs think you perhaps are qualified. Sorry your ego cant handle being incorrect every now and then no need to name call tho!

OfflineTheman
Stranger
 User Gallery

#825933 - 05/18/17 03:06 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Data said:

Quote:

Theman said:
However 1 calyx is not 1 cell. And when new calyxs grow or old calyxs get larger sgould be green then while old bleached cell are beneith;)  anyway good luck agsin my only beef is a mod passing in mis info.
Other then that can succesfully grow cannabis!

Peace

But, if the cells in the meristem are bleached, and if what psycho says about the mitotic offspring of the bleached cells is correct, would it not logically follow that all growth above the point of bleaching be bleached as well? And let's not forget that its not just one cell that's getting bleached, but a significant bundle of cells nearest the light (aka the meristem)

That's how I understand plant growth to work, maybe I'm mistaken :shrug:

Ok then this indicates what i was hinting at. That there is lasting damage if bleaching or even approuching that one can assume the plant is under stress and slowing growth. Particularly as this is happening constantly and not just last week of flower.  Think lower bids not getting light. Bleaching is basically taking away photosyntgeitc ability even before tottaly white.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder