Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: Mandala Satori LED Extravaganza! [Re: NightGrower]
    #351168 - 01/21/10 07:49 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

So...here is one of the final updates:

I harvested shortly after my last post...probly a little too early. The bud turned out fine though. I water-cured for 7 days in 3 separate 1/2 gallon mason jars, changing the water every 2 days or so. The final product is a little dry but im letting it reach a better moisture level with a couple of orange peels.

Not sure on the final weight but the smoke is pretty awesome. I really like the almost jittery high from harvesting early. The potency is pretty good too, and the taste is much better than my last grow.

I saved all of the trim and did an initial extraction with acetone. After that was dry I posted a thread on the use of activated carbon to clean up the oil while dissolved, but i never got any replies, so I tried it. I re dissolved the oil in acetone, and then dried the solution with anhydrous MgSO4, then poured the mix and some extra acetone through a bed of activated carbon. The solution went from black green to clear with gray in it from carbon dust. I then filtered and let dry...and what came off of it was a thick fluid that was still dark from some residual carbon dust...but when i tried a bit of it I didnt get anything from it...so i dont know what happened, because there are a few articles about using activated carbon to remove impurities from your hash oil, but there is no mention of how much carbon to use...or what kind of contact time you want. So what probably happened is I used too much activated carbon and removed everything but the completely non-polar hydrocarbons from it.

Anyway...I dont have a picture of the final weight. I would guess 2 oz.

I think I'm done with all of this. I have learned how to grow and a lot about the biological, chemical, and horticultural nature of this. Like shrooms last year, I am becoming bored and moving on to the next hobby (Damn my ADD).

If I can get a hold of my gf's camera again I'll try to get a few pics up. And I will probly be lurking around here on occasion.

Peace and Love Everyone, thanks for all of your help and kindness,
agmotes165

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNightGrower
Proficient Horticulturist
Male

Re: Mandala Satori LED Extravaganza! [Re: Data]
    #351180 - 01/21/10 08:55 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

As a fellow shroomer, I can reassure you that this is not a phase, this is the beginning. On the contrary, the ADD, as you put it, helped me get away from the easier "shrooming" and try manipulating plants instead of fungi.

If you think you have mastered the process, you have much to learn.
But, if growing has become tedious, try a different outlet, perhaps another variety of growable or try breeding.

There needs to be a breeding movement. Time to get rid of the Schwag strains and make potent, fast flowering, indica/sativa dominant plants. BOOSH!

Keep your chin up!

--------------------
Learn of Terence Mckenna. Check out the Shroomery to learn more about what one man did for mushies. Thank you, Terence.

Offlinetheman420

Re: Mandala Satori LED Extravaganza! [Re: NightGrower]
    #351294 - 01/21/10 02:38 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

NightGrower said:
As a fellow shroomer, I can reassure you that this is not a phase, this is the beginning. On the contrary, the ADD, as you put it, helped me get away from the easier "shrooming" and try manipulating plants instead of fungi.

If you think you have mastered the process, you have much to learn.
But, if growing has become tedious, try a different outlet, perhaps another variety of growable or try breeding.

There needs to be a breeding movement. Time to get rid of the Schwag strains and make potent, fast flowering, indica/sativa dominant plants. BOOSH!

Keep your chin up!

yes this is true, it is only the beginning. I said that like 4 or 5 years ago when i took some seeds from a nice bud i bought(that was way to high of price for me! 60 an 1/8th!!) than i found that you can do so much more, mix strains, top them, produce fem seeds and such. than used this for medical purposes for myself and tried different lighting and growing methods. the newest one is led in soil! thanks to you, its the best lighting Ive used so far besides the great outdoors.

growing shrooms was to easy and the advanced things took to much time and cleanness for me plus the high was to strong and didn't like it to a certain point.
So Ive used pot for about 7 years off and on to help control my depression and anxiety, and so far its the best thing Ive used. so ill keep growing until i get my perfect strain and be able to produce my own medicine for lil to nothing and not get all the side effects of using pills from the doc.

on the other note, you did a great grow and even if you did harvest to early you got some nice buds to smoke and spread the word on the led lighting.
i give you 5 stars for this grow log!:thumbup: great job!

peace, theman420

--------------------
num,num,num.....mmmm......num,num,num

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Mandala Satori LED Extravaganza! [Re: theman420]
    #351376 - 01/21/10 03:49 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I agree with the above 2 posts completely.  No way have you gotten bored.

I have super bad ADHD and this hobby is keeping my head straight!

The thing is, get a PERPETUAL grow going, clones, mothers and the whole works.  I guarantee you won't be bored when there is nearly an hour of gardening to do each day...

I think you have a good green thumb and are a valuable member and would really not like to see you go, or the end of your work...

Please re-consider with my idea.  I know how boring it is to wait for an entire plant cycle to finish, but if you have plants at 3 different stages at all times, it really gets exciting!  Seedlings, Sexually Mature, and Fully Flowered plants all at the same time.  Give it a shot!

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: Mandala Satori LED Extravaganza! [Re: Inverted]
    #354443 - 01/28/10 06:53 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Haha dont worry...as soon as I get a hold of a decent piece of land and a house to work in, crazy things will start popping up. I have every intention of contributing to both the greenery field of self-taught scientists/engineers...as well as the fungal field of study. I feel like both of these interesting fields are so inhibited by law that there arent a lot of proper studies conducted. I am currently a couple of semesters away from a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering...and would love to continue/compliment my education with more topics in chemistry, lab setups, machining classes, and then some biology such as microbio, botany, horticulture, etc.

I would love to be able to design and construct my own setups and apparatuses for any number of experiments. I currently have a dream of a home setup for protoplast fusion in fungi, that will potentially yield hundreds of genetic hybrids per sample, and may even yield a genera hybrid (not sure if thats the proper term, i meant crossing up to certain fungi in the same family but different genera). While this is a rare chance, it has been done with non-actives. I would be happy in a successful hybrid of P. cubensis and P. cyanescens or azurescens. This technique can also work on plants though my knowledge of that particular branch becomes thin at best. If it works for active fungi, I may expand and attempt to mess around with an at home technique for plants as well.

All of this will become a reality once I have a place of my own and proper cash flow to fund it. If any of you guys are interested in the protoplast fusion, I have a really good thread started on the shroomery, my username is the same over there...

peace brothers and sisters, its good to know that someone cares haha,
agmotes165 :gethigh:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

OfflineSurReality
Stranger

#368233 - 02/19/10 04:50 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

agmotes165 said:
2morrow or Sunday.

hi where can i get a fan that fits 4 inch ducting like whats in this pic??? i desperately need one for my closet...

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
    #368319 - 02/19/10 06:45 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

agmotes165 said:
Haha dont worry...as soon as I get a hold of a decent piece of land and a house to work in, crazy things will start popping up. I have every intention of contributing to both the greenery field of self-taught scientists/engineers...as well as the fungal field of study. I feel like both of these interesting fields are so inhibited by law that there arent a lot of proper studies conducted. I am currently a couple of semesters away from a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering...and would love to continue/compliment my education with more topics in chemistry, lab setups, machining classes, and then some biology such as microbio, botany, horticulture, etc.

I would love to be able to design and construct my own setups and apparatuses for any number of experiments. I currently have a dream of a home setup for protoplast fusion in fungi, that will potentially yield hundreds of genetic hybrids per sample, and may even yield a genera hybrid (not sure if thats the proper term, i meant crossing up to certain fungi in the same family but different genera). While this is a rare chance, it has been done with non-actives. I would be happy in a successful hybrid of P. cubensis and P. cyanescens or azurescens. This technique can also work on plants though my knowledge of that particular branch becomes thin at best. If it works for active fungi, I may expand and attempt to mess around with an at home technique for plants as well.

All of this will become a reality once I have a place of my own and proper cash flow to fund it. If any of you guys are interested in the protoplast fusion, I have a really good thread started on the shroomery, my username is the same over there...

peace brothers and sisters, its good to know that someone cares haha,
agmotes165 :gethigh:

oh man that sounds awesome!  I will check out that protoplast fusion.  I dont have any idea as to what that is or entails.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck