Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChronic
Stranger
SOG... Rockwoll or soil? That is my question
    #822371 - 01/05/17 10:07 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Hey everyone, new to this forum but definitely not new to cultivation.  Here's my dilemma, I'm setting up for a sea of green grow in a 4x4 tray under a 1000 watter.  I already have soil and Hugo 6"x6"x6" rockwoll cubes from my last grow.  I have mothers waiting to be clipped.  Since I'm new to this method I'm not sure what is a better route in terms of ease and mostly yield.  I already am very familiar with hydro and the set up and use of all the equipment involved.  Got my wall mounted meters, chiller, resi.. You guys know the gear affiliated.  My questions are as followed..

1) how many plants should I put in a 4x4 tray with the intention of vegging for two weeks then flipping to flower?
2) knowing that hydro has always been more productive for me, do you think the ease of soil will make enough difference to use that growing medium?
3) I know you can't predict yield, but I'm using blackberry clones and its predominantly indica, so I'd like to hear your yields if you have done a SOG grow.. Per plant
4) would the yield be much greater than a 600 since deeper penetration is not necessary for little plants?

Thanks appreciate the input and look forward to hearing from the growing community

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepblcenmy1
Perfectionist
Male User Gallery

Loc: CO Flag
Re: SOG... Rockwoll or soil? That is my question [Re: Chronic]
    #822372 - 01/05/17 10:31 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

If 4x4 then maybe 4 plants x 4 plants at most. Veg those suckers hydro and flower in the soil

--------------------
Down 2 Earth, Up N Space!

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #822377 - 01/05/17 02:00 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

1) how many plants should I put in a 4x4 tray with the intention of vegging for two weeks then flipping to flower?

Personally, I go with 4 plants per square foot.  So you got 16 square feet that makes 64 plants.

Quote:

2) knowing that hydro has always been more productive for me, do you think the ease of soil will make enough difference to use that growing medium?

I'm a fan of sticking with what works for you.

Quote:

3) I know you can't predict yield, but I'm using blackberry clones and its predominantly indica, so I'd like to hear your yields if you have done a SOG grow.. Per plant

Per plant is hard to call.  But with a 1000 watts and 16 square feet, you should hit 1 to 1.5 lbs dry easily.

Quote:

4) would the yield be much greater than a 600 since deeper penetration is not necessary for little plants?

My guess would be roughly about a half pound difference.

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflineChronic
Stranger
Re: SOG... Rockwoll or soil? That is my question [Re: Stoneth]
    #822378 - 01/05/17 02:11 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Cool thanks man, I appreciate the input.  Sounds like I should stay with the hydro since that's what I work well with.  Cheers buddy for that call

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: SOG... Rockwoll or soil? That is my question [Re: Stoneth]
    #822379 - 01/05/17 02:18 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

You guys are funny

Soil in one gallon bags

These are in dixie cups with lava rock in a homemade tray

Dixie cups with soil

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineChronic
Stranger
Re: SOG... Rockwoll or soil? That is my question [Re: Magash]
    #822382 - 01/05/17 06:04 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Amazing buddy, those girls are beautiful!  You did very well, I'm just not one who's familiar with soil, not knocking it by any means, I love the flavor out of dirt.  So with those Dixie cups and one gallon bags, how often were you watering?

OfflineChronic
Stranger
    #822383 - 01/05/17 06:12 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Here's one of my last grows with a 600, didn't hit my mark but did get close.  Was aiming for a pound but only got 14.5 O's

The problem now is I lost my veg room and SOG seems to yield very well and I can eliminate a month of veg time

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
Re: SOG... Rockwoll or soil? That is my question [Re: Magash]
    #822895 - 01/21/17 03:31 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Damn, dixie cups? U are funny.

Is that left over from a kegger party? :rofl:

I kid, i kid. What was the yield for that grow?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck