Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleNightGrower
Proficient Horticulturist
Male

Feeding Outdoors Rich Soil Question
    #376632 - 03/02/10 01:54 AM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Fox Farm Ocean Forest 80%
Perlite 20%

in a 5 gal bucket with the bottom cut off (swamp tek)

Question: I have been reading that rich soils like Ocean Forrest require little or no feeding throughout the cycle, to focus more on an adequate water source (not needed in swamp tek) but when can I feed? Should I wait until flowering? Anyone else here use Ocean Forrest outside and know the average demand of nutrients? Is it similar to inside usage: wait a month before adding any fertilizer?

Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. it helps to mention that the soil will be used for 6-7 months before harvest.

--------------------
Learn of Terence Mckenna. Check out the Shroomery to learn more about what one man did for mushies. Thank you, Terence.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

Loc: CA
Re: Feeding Outdoors Rich Soil Question [Re: NightGrower]
    #378239 - 03/03/10 11:58 PM (14 years, 18 days ago)

I can use about 1 tsp of Fert per H2O gallon . by the third week without any harm to the plant (however I like to over water vs. using less water)

So if you do not plan on the plants getting water every day or every other day then I would not recommend Fert until about a month

But if this is a gorilla grow then you can put your time releasing pellets in ASAP because I have rarely found them to over fertilize my plants.

A recomindation for next time: Mix soil first with the pellets before you plant because if your water supply is coming frow the water table then the fertilizer placed on top of the soil is useless.

--------------------
x:tongue:

Invisiblewishcouldeletethis
Female User Gallery

Re: Feeding Outdoors Rich Soil Question *DELETED* [Re: NightGrower]
    #378246 - 03/04/10 12:21 AM (14 years, 18 days ago)

Post deleted by lampshadehelmet

Reason for deletion: k

InvisibleNightGrower
Proficient Horticulturist
Male

Re: Feeding Outdoors Rich Soil Question [Re: wishcouldeletethis]
    #380660 - 03/09/10 08:50 AM (14 years, 13 days ago)

I am using the swamp tek listed on the main site.

That being said, I am placing lime in the standing water under the soil. The roots will grow into the muddy soil with ease.

Time release pellets seems like the way to go; anyone know any time release plant foods worth buying? The only products that come to mind are most likely Miracle Grow (BARF!)....

Thanks for the comments and advice, keep it alive.

--------------------
Learn of Terence Mckenna. Check out the Shroomery to learn more about what one man did for mushies. Thank you, Terence.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds