Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSalviaNshrooms9090
Buddhist Monk
Male

Loc: Peru
Next years grow outdoors??? please answer
    #307716 - 11/01/09 10:37 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

ok well pots are pretty hard and expensive to come by so im thinking of just digging a hole?? how wide and deep should it be? and should i use a garbage bad with holes to keep the soil seperate?? i guess im using topsoil with perlite peatmoss and vermiculite is this a good soil?/ how much of each should i use?? i found a good spot thats a bitch to get to you have to climb up a steap hill walk in the steam .. yea its got a water sourse plus i dont see any signs of people other that this 1 foot print but its probably no big deal since the land says no hunting fishing etc.. and its not a big place but once you get into it its wild and crazy.. and no one would go there cuz the steam breaks off into 3 steams and you have to follow the 1 steam to get to my place which dosent even look like somewhere id want to go so i guess its a good spot.. and theres alot of plants surrounding my spot and little trees up on the hill so sunlight is no problem and you have to go through a million thornbushes haha.. sound good to everyone?? ill grow around 10 - 15 plants.. spred around i also have 2 other spots but this one is my biggest bet plus its closest to town.. and should i start the little girls inside or out?? i dont have a car and it would be suspicious parking alone a road so ill ride bike outthere

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

Re: Next years grow outdoors??? please answer [Re: SalviaNshrooms9090]
    #307749 - 11/01/09 12:09 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Start one plant and then make sure it females and take clones from it to plant outside. If the clones are short enough and you root them in something solid then you can just put them in tupperware to stay safe. I bike all my plants in because the terrain is rough and about 50 miles from anyone. Your site seems legit and before you go thru bringing in tons of soil and other shit, test the soil for nutes and other shit, like my areas soil is rich already and all I have to do is add nutes throughout the year.

--------------------

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Next years grow outdoors??? please answer [Re: TheShroomJew23]
    #307793 - 11/01/09 02:39 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Pots are expensive to come by? I just bought 4 gallon pots @ $4 bucks a piece. Five gallon buckets seem to be everywhere too. Seems everyone has a few lying around.

Anyways, bags could be used too if they are durable and will not biodegrade in the ground. Being you have streams near by, using the nutrient rich mud from the bottom of the river would be a good source of food for your plants. Holes i use are dug about 1.5 ft to 2 ft wide and about 2 ft. deep. I like the 5 gallon buckets for portability. Sometimes outdoors spots are not as secure as we think. So having them in buckets makes them quite easy to move. Buckets can also be buried or put into bucket sized holes into the ground to keep them out of sight.

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Next years grow outdoors??? please answer [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #308166 - 11/02/09 06:05 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Swing by a local nursery for pots. I worked at a nursery for several years....and I always had to sort through and stack all the pots that would pile up throughout the planting season. I am sure they would gladly give you all you want. Most places will likely have more than can be re-used.

But I'd role with 5 gallon buckets like spacemonkey said. You will be guaranteed good drainage.( if you mix ur soil well) Most of my friends that grew in buckets had a better yield this year. We got so much rain that the ground stayed completely saturated up until mid august..which stunted the Growth out of a lot of ground crops. Especially in my vegetable garden...my corn only grew 2 feet tall and I had potatoes the size of fucking ping pong balls. It was really depressing.

Good luck with the outdoor grow. Duuuuude

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Next years grow outdoors??? please answer [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #308214 - 11/02/09 09:30 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

yep, home depot sells those 5 gallon homer buckets for like $2.50 or something. they're perfect for growing in

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds