Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Doing hydro outdoors
    #817866 - 08/07/16 10:29 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

So my next grow will be in a greenhouse and doing a dwc style grow. I'm thinking each plant get its' own 15 gallon tote. Also thinking of painting them white. Or should it be darker like black/brown? 

Any input or suggestion is welcomed.

:strokebeard:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBaron_Samedi
Urban Naturalist Industries
Male

Loc: HI Flag
Re: Doing hydro outdoors [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #817869 - 08/08/16 12:31 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

5 gal should be more than enough bro it would be difficult and costly to mix nutes at that volume and changing the water would be such a waste and you want them dark as possible to keep the good bacteria safe this was one of the issues I had with out wrapping my buckets I notice more algea with lighter buckets

--------------------
WARNING: I am a compulsive LIAR dont believe a word I post!!! None of these ideas and photos are original I just post to try and validate myself and appear to be good at something other than being a waste of space...

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

:aliendance::monkeydance::dancer::dancingbacon::hamsterdance::oogieboogie::mallow::death::zombie2::zombie3:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Doing hydro outdoors [Re: Deadkndys420] * 1
    #817870 - 08/08/16 01:31 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Stick with the 15 gallon buckets. The roots will fill anything smaller extremely fast. My main reason for staying away from dwc. I do believe it's the best way to do hydro but it's just to much of a pain in the ass with a number of plants.

Here is a site that sells a commercial dwc set up. Maybe you can steal ideas from their set up.

http://cch2o.com/product-category/hydroponic-systems/

Oh yeah make sure to cover any plastic parts from the sun or they get all brittle and easy to crack.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineBobabouy
Strangler
Male

Loc: Shitstainistan
Re: Doing hydro outdoors [Re: Magash]
    #817872 - 08/08/16 04:02 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

I don't know what the temps in your greenhouse are like. But when I used a tub outside, I had to put the tub inside a wooden box lined with Styrofoam to keep the water from getting too hot. Of course, it was directly in the sun all day.

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: Doing hydro outdoors [Re: Bobabouy]
    #817874 - 08/08/16 05:31 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

really? 15 gal? I feel that's a ton of waste and pretty rough to maintain a good ph if you don't have one to start with even in the link they use 8 gal modules wouldn't you have to change your water before the plant could absorb the nutes in the water? I mean just for one plant you would use 150ml per bottle per feeding if you use GH nutes just for example on an even feeding schedule is weekly that stacks up fast

--------------------
WARNING: I am a compulsive LIAR dont believe a word I post!!! None of these ideas and photos are original I just post to try and validate myself and appear to be good at something other than being a waste of space...

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

:aliendance::monkeydance::dancer::dancingbacon::hamsterdance::oogieboogie::mallow::death::zombie2::zombie3:

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: Doing hydro outdoors [Re: Baron_Samedi]
    #818074 - 08/12/16 05:24 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Mag? anyone? Not trying to be a dick I genuinely wanna know if you think my assumptions makes sense to you guys Im by no means an expert but ive been dealing with issues in DWC for me and my set up its not the best hydro setup im noticing better and stronger growth in both tops and roots doing aeroponics and in my mind losing less nutes since i only have a gallon of water per 2.5 gal bucket im mixing nutes for just a gal a week and the rest of the week a gal of water a day with a little Mag in it during flower it may be a bit skewed cause i have switched from GH to mixing my own nutes but its based on GH recipes... point is i would love dwc if it wasnt for my hot humid climate and aeroponics works better for me but DWC might work perfect for you i would just be mindful of nute costs and keeping the water system closed so bugs and crap cant get in hope that helps DK

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Doing hydro outdoors [Re: Baron_Samedi] * 1
    #818075 - 08/12/16 06:39 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah DWC goes threw the nutes fast but it's cause of the fast growth. The systems do require a lot of watching over and that is why I'm a flood and drain person but I wouldn't mind a few plants in a DWC set up.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineBaron_Samedi
Male

Re: Doing hydro outdoors [Re: Magash]
    #818107 - 08/13/16 06:37 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

right but I guess what I'm asking is would the plant even have the chance to use all those nutes? I understand more nutes faster growth but there is only so much nutes a plant could absorb in a week or in two weeks when your gonna dump the water and replace with fresh water and new nutes unless you can get away with changing the water like every other month it dosent seem worth it I know personally that would not fly but that's cause my environment is perfect for root rot...

--------------------

On Deck for Trade...
Growery Trade List

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Doing hydro outdoors [Re: Baron_Samedi]
    #818413 - 08/21/16 10:24 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Well I got 3 sprouts going outdoors In the greenhouse. I removed all if the side panels for better air flow. I have them under a t 5 too.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder